Flim Flam Man

Tempe, AZ

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Has anyone been refused dsl service by centurylink.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Yep!!a quarter mile from me but they say my area is not eligible for dsl.
They also want give me any information why.
Barjoram

Little Rock, AR

#3 Feb 9, 2013
It's because the rural phone lines aren't equipped to handle DSL...most of the county is that way unless you are in town, and they're not gonna upgrade the lines anytime soon, i gauran-damn-tee it.

Location hidden

#4 Feb 9, 2013
How stuff works

When you connect to the Internet, you might connect through a regular modem, through a local-area network connection in your office, through a cable modem or through a digital subscriber line (DSL) connection. DSL is a very high-speed connection that uses the same wires as a regular telephone line.

It does loose speed the further you are from the central office without a booster in the line.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Flim Flam Man wrote:
Has anyone been refused dsl service by centurylink.
yes out cr 346

Location hidden

#6 Mar 9, 2013
I have contracted centurylink numerous times asking why we are refused service no reply.

Contracted fcc they got a reply but no answer as to why not,just said that it is a mile and half from us which is a lie unless they have a way to stop it from going pass my neighbor home because the main line is only a half of a mile from us.

They keep pushing wild blue satellite service they sell for wild blue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kee pollard and Kris pollard 6 min Concerned 2
Who is Nichole chism? 8 min Thatonegirl 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Red Cloud 38,314
Donald Grider Meth Head 4 hr Guest 4
Courtney Freer 7 hr I know 1
Bout Time 7 hr I know 2
Meth Macy Crowder 7 hr I know 2

Piggott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance