Little League Baseball

Posted in the Piggott Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Parent

United States

#1 Mar 23, 2013
Does anyone know who us over Little League Baseball this year. I was told Tobey McQuire. Then I was told Forest Taylor. Now in the past couple hours I was told Billey Joe Seal or Luke Hollis. I would really like the chance to speak to one of them about how teams are being chosen for the travel teams. I really don't feel its right for coaches to just call who they want. Each and every kid should have the opportunity to try out for these teams. Plus I have also heard they want to charge us to get in the park this year. Sorry but you guys need to read your rule books because you can't charge us to get into LLB games. Thanks for any and all input.
Take charge

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Mar 23, 2013
Parent wrote:
Does anyone know who us over Little League Baseball this year. I was told Tobey McQuire. Then I was told Forest Taylor. Now in the past couple hours I was told Billey Joe Seal or Luke Hollis. I would really like the chance to speak to one of them about how teams are being chosen for the travel teams. I really don't feel its right for coaches to just call who they want. Each and every kid should have the opportunity to try out for these teams. Plus I have also heard they want to charge us to get in the park this year. Sorry but you guys need to read your rule books because you can't charge us to get into LLB games. Thanks for any and all input.
maybe you could be in charge I definitely don't think anyone should be charged to watch the games think how expensive that would get for families especially for those with several participating
Junkhauler

Kennett, MO

#3 Mar 23, 2013
Parent wrote:
Toby is over the District Forest is over the Little League Billy Joe is just a coach Luke is on the board. Chris Roberts is also on the board contact any of them I am sure they will help you. God Bless
Take charge

Ash Flat, AR

#4 Mar 23, 2013
Junkhauler wrote:
<quoted text>Toby is over the District Forest is over the Little League Billy Joe is just a coach Luke is on the board. Chris Roberts is also on the board contact any of them I am sure they will help you. God Bless
heard Forrest stopped being in charge this year
Truth of It

Ash Flat, AR

#5 Mar 23, 2013
Dear Parent

For starters don't call any of them! To many chiefs not enough Indians right now! Anyone of these guys will only tell you what you want to hear. The sad truth is if your kid was very good any one of these coaches would be beating your door down for him/her to play. Best thing you can do is work with your kid so he/she stands out. If you can't then you mite thank about hiring someone. Most of these coaches are only there for his/her own kid, so if your kid can help theirs look better, I promise they will play them. As for charging us to get in I heard that was a Parks and Reck idea. Don't mean to be rude just trying to be helpful. Hope you have a great year.
Coach

United States

#6 Mar 23, 2013
What age group is your player in? The only team I know of traveling right now is the 9-10 year old boys. That team is coached by Seal. If you fall in that age group just call him and suck-up. Its always worked in the pasted! He loves for people to kiss his hind end! Look at it this way as well, if your kid doesn't make a travel team, you get to enjoy your summer. There is always a bright side to everything. I also hope we have a great year! AND REMEMBER the umpires aren't bad their DRUNK so take it easy on them! HaHaHa!
Punk

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Mar 23, 2013
If there is a charge to get into the ballpark, the money is going into the moneygrubbing Mayor's pocket, or more likely, it's going right into shannon's purse. Parks & rec is funded by our taxes, there is no need for any charges just to get in.
ballparent

Kennett, MO

#8 Mar 23, 2013
I know that they CAN NOT charge to get into the ballpark to watch ballgames or they will loose their charter (which means if they loose there WILL BE NO little league) in Piggott! So I dont think they will risk loosing their charter!
Cow girl up

Dexter, MO

#9 Mar 24, 2013
Does anyone know when 13 yr old sign ups are
Go Bigger

United States

#10 Mar 24, 2013
Cow girl up wrote:
Does anyone know when 13 yr old sign ups are
This age group won't start until after high school ball. You should look into a Legion League at Paragould. Little League at this age group is a JOKE.
Board and Coaches

Salem, AR

#11 Mar 30, 2013
The sole reason I am responding to any if this thread is to try and help resolve any issues or help those answer questions. My intent is not to start an arguement.
First of all the Board members as well as the coaches are volunteers. There has been some changes with the board recently. However if you have any questions comments, problems, etc please contact a Board member. All the current Board members and their numbers can be found on the Piggott Little League Facebook page. They all are willing to listen and help anyway possible.

The Little League Board can not and will not charge a gate fee for regular season games. This does not apply to post season games such as fundraising tournaments, district tournaments, etc.
Travel teams - The only travel teams affiliated with our Little League program are the ones picked for All Stars after June 14th. Any other travel team is constructed and funded solely by the coaches and parents of the players on that travel team. If you or your child are interested in being on an independent travel team you can talk to the coachand express interest or create one yourself.
I hope this information was helpful!
come on

United States

#12 Apr 5, 2013
Would somebody please tell me if there are games next week! One day yes next day no next only early next day no next day yes next no!!! My lord!! Would you board member grow your a*# up and make a decision! Its like this every year, coach gives parents schedules and before we ever play the schedule is no good.
what

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Apr 5, 2013
aren't the benchmark tests next week. these kids have studied and practiced all year for the benchmark tests..I guess that isn't as important as LL baseball...but they sure shouldn't schedule games the same week. The kids need to be well rested, unstressed and well fed the week of the tests.jimo
NotSmart

United States

#14 Apr 5, 2013
come on wrote:
Would somebody please tell me if there are games next week! One day yes next day no next only early next day no next day yes next no!!! My lord!! Would you board member grow your a*# up and make a decision! Its like this every year, coach gives parents schedules and before we ever play the schedule is no good.
I was told no games next week because of school testing. I was also told that my son's team would practice instead. Here is my problem with that. If they cancelled the games because of testing cancel practices to. I would rather be there till 8o'clock playing games and getting them over. Trust me my son's team needs the practice but if their doing it because of testing cancel all of it. On the subject of practice wouldn't be nice if all the teams could use a gym like some!
wondering

Kennett, MO

#15 Apr 5, 2013
When I coached last year they had game during the benchmarks and now this year they are not having games next week but they are practicing. I think if they can practice they can have games!!!
Get Real

United States

#16 Apr 5, 2013
This board is out of its mind!! NO GAMES but you can PRACTICE! What's the difference!? This board needs to be done away with! Either play or don't one of the two. Don't stop games and let coaches have practice your defeating the point of not playing.
Get Real

United States

#17 Apr 5, 2013
NotSmart wrote:
<quoted text>I was told no games next week because of school testing. I was also told that my son's team would practice instead. Here is my problem with that. If they cancelled the games because of testing cancel practices to. I would rather be there till 8o'clock playing games and getting them over. Trust me my son's team needs the practice but if their doing it because of testing cancel all of it. On the subject of practice wouldn't be nice if all the teams could use a gym like some!
The Superintendent should reveiw the tape from the gym to see who all is coming and going from it. I sure didn't know eveyone could have a key to the school. I've seen two non-school employees taking their kids in to practice. Just saying!
Mark

Cherokee Village, AR

#18 Apr 6, 2013
Who really makes a decision like this? I totally understand why they want to postpone the games but still practice. Sorry but if the kids are going to be down there till 7or7:30 why not play. This is just another fine example why this ball league is going right down the tubes!
ballparent

Kennett, MO

#20 Apr 6, 2013
that came from the Little League Facebook page!!!
Stupid

Paris, AR

#21 Apr 6, 2013
YOu folks are so dumb. School should come first and baseball 2nd. The students prepare all year long for these tests, and now is the time to take them.

Baseball can wait another week!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most hated person in Piggott 23 min New 1
Jennifer Bellers Wright 2 hr guest 33
Kirstie Householder 5 hr teena pollard 2
What's with all the fat chicks 9 hr Cody Barrington 20
country mart 14 hr pissed off 1
Byron Parrish 16 hr just saying 7
bikers 17 hr james 1
More from around the web

Piggott People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE