country mart
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 7, 2013
what is up with this store? went there yesterday to get a few items, got some brand name pancakes from the freezer, cooked them this morning and they were so hard could not even cut them. looked at the bag and there was ice in the bag and looked like they have been thawed out and refroze again. about a month ago, bought a few tv dinners and cooked mac & cheese and it smelled and tasted like DIRT!! that told me right there that it was moldy, YUK!! where are the food inspectors at when needed? this is really BAD BUSINESS!! I will not spend money there again. i will go somewhere else, money is to hard to come by to spend on junk food. this store is a joke!

Mount Pleasant, AR

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Your just now figuring this out? Are you new to town?
Frozen

Scranton, AR

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Everything that is frozen in the store is out of date. Look carefully at the expire date and if it has no date, don't buy it.
It's a shame that's the only place in town to buy groceries.
Well

Kennett, MO

#4 Feb 8, 2013
Always check the date on your milk also we've gotten 3 gallons that were outta date and one of them smelled rotton
LADY

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2013
call the corperate office in Dexter Mo.it may or may not do some good!I called them and talked to MR. HOLIFIELD HIMSELF!

Since: May 11

Kennett, MO

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Half the food is out of date... the meat smells like its half rotten. We need a decent grocery store.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 8, 2013
LADY wrote:
call the corperate office in Dexter Mo.it may or may not do some good!I called them and talked to MR. HOLIFIELD HIMSELF!
do you know the number? i will surely make the call.
yeppers

Dexter, MO

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Its n Fredrick not dexter won't do any good.he's had so many complaints they won't do anything bout him

Location hidden

#9 Feb 8, 2013
don't arkansas have a department to handle issues like this? like inspectors or something. they would have a field day if they came here, be like a party to them. i will go somewhere else to buy food. SO LONG COUNTRY MART!!!
Well

Kennett, MO

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Bahah IF they did an actual suprise audit...they always call before showing up so Gary has a heads up and cleans up the store for about a month. If they showed up unexpectedly...they might shut em down
LADY

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2013
well when people start comming down with food poison like some already have the place will get shut down,I know people need jobs but they couldnt pay me enough to work at country mart!I could'nt sale rotten food to people of any kind and have a clear consience!no way!
Anti CM

Kennett, MO

#12 Feb 8, 2013
I bought hamburger meat that wasn't supposed to expire until a few days later. The day I bought it I put it in the fridge to use for the next day and it was dark brown. Disgusting!!! I took it back and got my refund.. Too bad this town doesn't have a small Walmart like Corning to buy groceries at.
PiggottCitizen

United States

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Yall need to realize when you slander Country Mart you also slander the people working there since its EMPLOYEE owned. I agree they are utterly terrible but if you dont like it dont go there. Half the town doesnt anyways.
hum

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Feb 9, 2013
no!the employee's have no say over what is sold!they just do what they are told even if it is employee owned.they know if they complain they won't be one of the employee's who own it!!!!

Location hidden

#15 Feb 9, 2013
define EMPLOYEE OWNED. if this store is employee owned, why are some quitting and some are being fired or threatening to be fired?
Big Jaun

United States

#16 Feb 11, 2013
I know it sucks to get bad things from the grocery store from time to time but I am certain it's hard to run a grocery store in a small town. Most people drive somewhere to buy groceries and everything else at Wal-mart. All those idiots who do such are the ones making it hard for the small chains to make a profit. I would hate them to close and have to drive 20 miles to buy a gallon of milk. Wal-mart is evil and you should support your local businesses!!!
yeppers

United States

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Well Garry needs to get crap together then
concerned shopper

Brockwell, AR

#18 Feb 11, 2013
FRED HAS MILK!and they also have food and thats where I get most of mine and Dollar General has food also if a meat packageing place wood open here in town we would not need crappymart!excuse me country mart!why should I have to go in a Grocery store and look at all the dates to make sure I dont get out of date food for my family?the employee owned store employees should make sure the items are not out of date!I bet they the employees check the dates also when they buy grocerys lol but wait a minute I myself have seen country mart employees at wal-mart buying their grocerys!!!!!what does that tell you??????get it right or get out I say!

Location hidden

#19 Feb 11, 2013
i have seen country mart employees at wal mart shopping for groceries also. what does that tell you? when you see country mart employees shop at walmart, there is something very very wrong with the country mart store in piggott!!
What the heck

Kennett, MO

#20 Feb 11, 2013
rofl...employee owned, that's a rich one, all that means is that that store has a private owner and not part of the corporation...the only part of that store that is employee owned is the couple that own it...everyone else is just a worker.

I'll tell ya another story to curl your skin about that craphole.

After the ice storm we had that knocked out ALL of their coolers, we went in there a couple of weeks later and noticed a package of white castles that had an expiration date that went out before the ice storm even happened...we told them about it and handed them the package, then watched them take the package right back to the cooler and put it back in there.

Beware when shopping at this craphole!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 min Reality Check 40,778
indoor yardsale 16 hr happy 1
We are Lovin' it Fri DrPhill 25
Debbie hoggard Fri Hsi e jej 44
brothers and sisters having intercourse (Jan '11) Thu Bad boy 70
why? Nov 14 Fome54 18
Southerly boys Nov 14 TimeTraveler31 2

Piggott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance