4thy july pageants
spectator

Festus, MO

#42 Jul 10, 2008
if you think about it,it is not the judges that have those score sheets in there hand last before the winners are called. No mater what is put down on the judges cards, you don't really know what happens at the scoring table, and those are local people who do know these girls. I have been going to that picnic for over 47 yr now, I have watched my niece and grand children in the pageants at the picnic. And it has always been who you know, don't get me wrong, my grand children have placed, but i guess we just knew the right person that year..lol
Fair Play

Russellville, AR

#43 Jul 10, 2008
spectator wrote:
if you think about it,it is not the judges that have those score sheets in there hand last before the winners are called. No mater what is put down on the judges cards, you don't really know what happens at the scoring table, and those are local people who do know these girls. I have been going to that picnic for over 47 yr now, I have watched my niece and grand children in the pageants at the picnic. And it has always been who you know, don't get me wrong, my grand children have placed, but i guess we just knew the right person that year..lol
The people adding up the scores are not just putting down the girls they want to win. They are adding up the scores the judges put down. They have the score sheets to prove it. It's really sad to think people can not accept the fact they did not win. My children were in the pageatns and none of them placed. I know in my heart they were judged fairly and the scores were also done fairly. Maybe next year those who feel they were not done fairly, you should volunteer your time on the holiday to help add the scores!

Malden, MO

#44 Jul 10, 2008
spectator wrote:
All you have to do is ask to see you daughters score sheet, they won't care to give it to you.
Geez

Mountain Home, AR

#45 Jul 10, 2008
Come on people...my daughter has won that pageant and we didn't know any one who put it on or who judged it. I agree not all pageants are fair but you never know what one person sees as beauty might not be that to another. Don't take the victory from the winners tho...they did nothing wrong and you can't have a do-over. Congrats to the winners!
strange

Kennett, MO

#46 Jul 10, 2008
AGREE.
My duaghter won this year and did not have any coalition with any judge's aor any person putting it on?
she won fair and square because she is very pretty.
how dare anyone sya it is because we knew someone there.
sore losers and hipocrites. stay away from "our" pageants and do your own thing in your own town.
as for SPECTATOR, your life must be miserable and confused. your no better than any of us.
just me

Everton, MO

#47 Jul 10, 2008
it's always funny to me to see who wins the picnic pageants. the judges are usually hillbilly or extremely large n ugly women. the pageants need to have someone that knows something about pageants. pageants are not just for looks it's also on personality, attire, and the way the girl presents herself. i do not have a daughter in these pageants but alot of times it's the "underdog" that wins...not always but alot of times. and no, the judges were not out of town judges...the lived in piggott at one time but now live somewhere else, that's not the same as getting out of town judges. another one of the judges put on her form for the emcee to read..."i have alot of family here in piggott" these pageants around here on not based on "pageant points" they are based on the uneducated pageant people.
Pageant Director

Enterprise, AL

#48 Jul 10, 2008
just me wrote:
it's always funny to me to see who wins the picnic pageants. the judges are usually hillbilly or extremely large n ugly women. the pageants need to have someone that knows something about pageants. pageants are not just for looks it's also on personality, attire, and the way the girl presents herself. i do not have a daughter in these pageants but alot of times it's the "underdog" that wins...not always but alot of times. and no, the judges were not out of town judges...the lived in piggott at one time but now live somewhere else, that's not the same as getting out of town judges. another one of the judges put on her form for the emcee to read..."i have alot of family here in piggott" these pageants around here on not based on "pageant points" they are based on the uneducated pageant people.
I agree on the fact that most of the time they are ppl who have lived here or sometimes they have family that live here. Why else would they be at Piggott, AR on the 4th of July?? They are usually not "pageant experienced" ppl, but it's the 4th of July and I'm sure it's hard to find judges.

Underdogs do place a lot of the time at local pageants.
Rapid Answer

Poplar Bluff, MO

#49 Jul 11, 2008
Well the winner for the Jr Miss is from Missouri and is not a local girl and she won fair and square! That age group has a couple of very pretty girls in it and they are from Campbell and they place all the time so it's not who they know! And they are by far the under"DOGS"!!!!!
class of 89

Catlin, IL

#50 Jul 11, 2008
congrats to all of the winners in this year's pageants. I enjoy watching the pageants every year. What I can't stand to see is the parents who act like their child was mistreated because she didn't place or win. You never know what the judges are going to be looking for.
wondering

Malden, MO

#51 Jul 11, 2008
If you dont like how the pageants are done then dont put you kid in it.

United States

#52 Jul 11, 2008
just me wrote:
i don't know which pageant you watched but the judges for the miss piggott pageant were anything but hillbilly and fat and ugly... i thought they were very nice looking and they have all had judging experience before. i also know that judges are hard to find for this picnic. sometimes they back out at the last minute
Director

Appleton City, MO

#53 Jul 11, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know which pageant you watched but the judges for the miss piggott pageant were anything but hillbilly and fat and ugly... i thought they were very nice looking and they have all had judging experience before. i also know that judges are hard to find for this picnic. sometimes they back out at the last minute
You're telling the truth on that one!!! I have had them to back out and not even call me. The only way I knew was by calling them when they did not show up. Yes, this is a problem when you personally don't know the judges and you get recommendations.
just me

Enterprise, AL

#54 Jul 11, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know which pageant you watched but the judges for the miss piggott pageant were anything but hillbilly and fat and ugly... i thought they were very nice looking and they have all had judging experience before. i also know that judges are hard to find for this picnic. sometimes they back out at the last minute
i didn't say all the pageants were like that. i was there for most of all of them. the miss pageant was fairly descent on the judges even tho that's the one that had the judge that had lots of family there. i know it's hard to find judges...especially on holiday pageants...i've helped with them before. but for someone to say all the judges were from out of town n didn't know the kids is completely false. and yes, the pageants from earlier in the day were a complete joke. i personally think all kids are beautiful but i DO have pageant experience and these judges did not. they did not judge on pageant criteria. i also agree that parents that get rude n harsh when their child did not win is completely ridiculous. like i said, i do not have a child in these pageants but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy watching them. and yes they are all a matter of opinion n choice but the ones in charge really do need to try their absolute hardest to find people with pageant experience to judge these.
spectator

Festus, MO

#55 Jul 12, 2008
also wondering wrote:
Alex Scheffler won Junior Miss but I am not sure who the alternates were. Amber Moore won Miss Piggott, Katie Strickland was 1st alternate, and a girl named Rachel Woolard(?) from Jonesboro was 2nd alternate.
Spectator, I am just curious how you think the pageant was a "who you knew contest". I mean, really, let's not take away from the girls who won! That is a completly absurd statement to make!
Rachel Woolard was Miss Teen Missouri 2005, she's from Naylor, MO....it kinda makes u wonder how the other two girls beat out Teen Miss Missouri huh?
also wondering

Ozark, AL

#56 Jul 12, 2008
I am fully aware that Rachel was Miss Teen Missouri. She now lives (and goes to college) in Jonesboro. If you knew more about pageants, you would know that just because you win one pageant does not mean you will automatically win them all. Your comment about the other girls who beat Rachel is completely off base. Neither of the other girls have competed with Rachel before and the judges at the Miss Piggott pageant were different than those at Miss Teen Missouri. You may not always agree with the judges scores at a pageant but to insinuate that the other girls only beat Rachel because they "knew someone" is ridiculous! These girls compete in the pageants because they enjoy them, let them continue to have fun and stop trying to make it into some kind of conspiracy.
strange

Kennett, MO

#57 Jul 12, 2008
Pageant Director wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the fact that most of the time they are ppl who have lived here or sometimes they have family that live here. Why else would they be at Piggott, AR on the 4th of July?? They are usually not "pageant experienced" ppl, but it's the 4th of July and I'm sure it's hard to find judges.
Underdogs do place a lot of the time at local pageants.
underdogs is right.
should have been at Pollard ,
the judges there must have felt sorry for anyone who couldnt put together an outfit for thier child that would compete?
elaborate didnt win, just "plain jane" did???
what

Poplar Bluff, MO

#58 Jul 12, 2008
that didn't make any sense? please explain

“Pageants With A Purpose (PWAP)”

Since: Jul 08

W. Memphis, AR

#59 Jul 12, 2008
strange wrote:
<quoted text>
underdogs is right.
should have been at Pollard ,
the judges there must have felt sorry for anyone who couldnt put together an outfit for thier child that would compete?
elaborate didnt win, just "plain jane" did???
All of the ones I seen of Piggott were plain janes that won.
what

Poplar Bluff, MO

#60 Jul 12, 2008
is that good or bad?

“Pageants With A Purpose (PWAP)”

Since: Jul 08

W. Memphis, AR

#61 Jul 13, 2008
Either. It's all in what the judges like. Usually the ones with pageant experience like for u to pull out all the stops. The more glitter the better.

When you have ppl who don't have experience they tend to look for other things. I really does not matter to me.

To me ---- It's not WHAT u wear, but HOW u wear it.

The girls earned their titles!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr BARNEYII 33,322
What went down at the motel today 4 hr Concerned 1
Any one know Daisy Holifield? (Nov '12) 8 hr Remi 6
daniel hall 14 hr Rachelle 12
Danniell Cook Thrasher 14 hr unknown- 4
So. I'm like... not a snitch. 15 hr rjmisdemeanor 2
New Years Sun Ms liveakaevil 15

Piggott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance