Witches Grave
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ben here

Malden, MO

#1 Mar 23, 2009
Hey does anyone remember the witches grave? What was her name and what happened to her stone? And have you seen the old creepy guy named Henry that lives out there in the cemetery in a small camper? He claims he is a warlock!!

Clarksville, AR

#2 Mar 23, 2009
"In life she lived, in death she died. Her soul was craved, but God denied." That was what was wrote on her stone. I don't remember her name and I have been wondering where her stone went to also. Yes, I have seen that Henry guy who has that junkyard out there behind that graveyard. I agree, he is creepy.
years ago

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2009
I remember going to witches cemetary as a teenager----A couple of years ago I was going to take my teenagers out there---Everything looked different, couldn't find the witches grave, I don't know if my memory failed me and I couldn't remember exactly where it was or what ----The one thing that seemed the same as it was 20 years ago---a car appeared from nowhere and stayed on our bumper untill we were back at Piggott!!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 24, 2009
This is interesting. What's the story? I'm not from Ar. but would like to know more.
ghost

Dexter, MO

#5 Mar 24, 2009
I cant remember the lady's name but I know the family took the tomb to their house due to the fact kids was going out there and kicking over the stone and stealing the stone. I heard some on took the stone and threw it in the Saint Francis River, not sure bout this cause it would seem impossible to get a stone out of the river.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 25, 2009
Interesting story and the epitaph on the tomb is pretty creepy too. Why was she labeled a witch? Did she actually profess to be one or was she just misunderstood?

Vincennes, IN

#7 Mar 25, 2009
there was a picture on the stone she had some thing to her chest ever body tryed to say it was a ax i think thats how it got started,it was a old picture you could not tell what she had kids dose any body remember the old house down the dead end lane with the porch all around it
Neighbor

Olive Branch, MS

#8 Mar 25, 2009
Yes I used to live by that house if you are talking about the old Neely house off of Crockett Rd.Nobody lived in it at that time. That was in 1962.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 25, 2009
What town/city is/was the grave located?
Ben here

Jackson, MS

#10 Mar 25, 2009
Was her last name Garrison?
Tops

United States

#11 Mar 25, 2009
A witch hag wants to know more about her dad the devil...Sick

Location hidden

#12 Mar 25, 2009
Tops wrote:
A witch hag wants to know more about her dad the devil...Sick
Hello stalker. Go away or I'll turn you into a human.

Catlin, IL

#13 Mar 25, 2009
How do you get to witch's graveyard? I used to go as a teen also, but that was so long ago! I'd like to show it to my kids, but really don't remember how to get there?

Vincennes, IN

#14 Mar 25, 2009
Neighbor wrote:
Yes I used to live by that house if you are talking about the old Neely house off of Crockett Rd.Nobody lived in it at that time. That was in 1962.
yes that the house where one sisters shot the other over eggs did you see ghost
ghost

Dexter, MO

#15 Mar 25, 2009
guest wrote:
How do you get to witch's graveyard? I used to go as a teen also, but that was so long ago! I'd like to show it to my kids, but really don't remember how to get there?
West on 62 through downtown Piggott
to Clay Street. Continue out of town on Clay Street /CR 491 past
Wrights Chapel United Methodist. 1.7 miles past the church, turn
right onto the gravel road, then right again after a short length.
This is CR469. It is 1.2 miles to the cemetery entrance from this
point. The entrance will be to the left up the hill into the woods
and is about 2/10 of a mile past the entrance to the Leaning Tree Ranch.
belluslitas wrote:
What town/city is/was the grave located?
Being it is on the Piggott Forum I would guess it would be in Piggott

Vincennes, IN

#16 Mar 25, 2009
Neighbor wrote:
yes that where the girl shot her sister to go sell the eggs or that the story and some more accidents that people talk about well did you see any ghost

Location hidden

#17 Mar 25, 2009
ghost wrote:
<quoted text>West on 62 through downtown Piggott
to Clay Street. Continue out of town on Clay Street /CR 491 past
Wrights Chapel United Methodist. 1.7 miles past the church, turn
right onto the gravel road, then right again after a short length.
This is CR469. It is 1.2 miles to the cemetery entrance from this
point. The entrance will be to the left up the hill into the woods
and is about 2/10 of a mile past the entrance to the Leaning Tree Ranch.
<quoted text>Being it is on the Piggott Forum I would guess it would be in Piggott
Well since I'm not from Ar. and another poster wrote that the guy who hangs out at the cemetery frightened her and she "ran back to Piggott", I wasn't sure. But thanks anyhow.:(
in the know

Jackson, TN

#18 Mar 25, 2009
Her name was Garrison. She did not claim to be a witch. Teenagers misunderstood the words, interpreting that God denied her soul, when it actually meant that her life was craved on earth, but God denied that craving by taking her to heaven. The imaginary ax or sword or whatever (can't remember exactly) was common in photography from that era, but what was uncommon was a picture on a tombstone. This proved to be a sorrow for the family as the poem, misinterpreted as it was, along with the photo, also misinterpreted, were the cause for much vandalism. The stone was often kicked, broken, dropped and/or taken by teen boys trying to be tough in a crowd. About 30 years ago when there were so many tales of haunted houses, devil worshippers, and ghost stories around the backroads of Piggott and Pollard, it was nothing to see strange things going on during those years (some imagined, some not).
She was related to the late Paul Garrison. I frequented the legendary Witch's Grave as a youth and have seen some of these things, though never advocated any vandalism or disrespect. It's a shame they had to move the stone. I also remember Wanda's and some other supposed haunted places. It was a time when and a place where superstitions, boredom and imagination collided to create such things.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 25, 2009
in the know wrote:
Her name was Garrison. She did not claim to be a witch. Teenagers misunderstood the words, interpreting that God denied her soul, when it actually meant that her life was craved on earth, but God denied that craving by taking her to heaven. The imaginary ax or sword or whatever (can't remember exactly) was common in photography from that era, but what was uncommon was a picture on a tombstone. This proved to be a sorrow for the family as the poem, misinterpreted as it was, along with the photo, also misinterpreted, were the cause for much vandalism. The stone was often kicked, broken, dropped and/or taken by teen boys trying to be tough in a crowd. About 30 years ago when there were so many tales of haunted houses, devil worshippers, and ghost stories around the backroads of Piggott and Pollard, it was nothing to see strange things going on during those years (some imagined, some not).
She was related to the late Paul Garrison. I frequented the legendary Witch's Grave as a youth and have seen some of these things, though never advocated any vandalism or disrespect. It's a shame they had to move the stone. I also remember Wanda's and some other supposed haunted places. It was a time when and a place where superstitions, boredom and imagination collided to create such things.
Great post. This pretty much explains everything. Thanks for the info.
redneck

Dexter, MO

#20 Mar 25, 2009
i know right were the grave is and it dont have a head stone any more they moved her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 min Polecat 41,339
Debbie hoggard 1 hr Dad 51
Piggott High School 9 hr Dad 5
What happened to your town 15 hr Wild Bill 31
U Got Dumped Dec 9 HerHy 12
What is the best thing about Piggott? (Jul '12) Dec 8 Bad boy 17
Best Hair Salon Around? (May '10) Dec 7 Answer 23

Piggott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance