More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,157

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#7396 Sep 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you guys were so giggly on Belize and how great it was! LMAO!
I never said I wanted to move there. Just visit.

SE Michigan

#7397 Sep 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Birds pale in comparison to people. I would kill every bird in this state if it would save just one of my family members! Birds are individuals just like Corporations! Some people need blown up and some birds need killed. I am all for doing both!Life only matters to those who control it, and to those who are having it controlled!
That's preposterous. You will NEVER be given an option like that, so why mention it? Even if you were given that option, would you really "save" your family member? They will eventually die anyway..... of something. So now you have a dead family member AND no birds in the state. Next thing you know, there is an insect explosion in New Mexico. Rodents run rampant with many of their predators now gone. Predators have no birds to eat, so they go for your children. Other family members get West Nile from the mosquitos and still more family members get Hanta Virus from the mice. Now you have more sick and dying family members than you could imagine. Eventually you are alone in the world. You can't even watch your feeders anymore, because they are empty.... except for the rodents enjoying the food you set out for them.

Moral of the story- it would be lonely without birds.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#7398 Sep 19, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's preposterous. You will NEVER be given an option like that, so why mention it? Even if you were given that option, would you really "save" your family member? They will eventually die anyway..... of something. So now you have a dead family member AND no birds in the state. Next thing you know, there is an insect explosion in New Mexico. Rodents run rampant with many of their predators now gone. Predators have no birds to eat, so they go for your children. Other family members get West Nile from the mosquitos and still more family members get Hanta Virus from the mice. Now you have more sick and dying family members than you could imagine. Eventually you are alone in the world. You can't even watch your feeders anymore, because they are empty.... except for the rodents enjoying the food you set out for them.
Moral of the story- it would be lonely without birds.
That's preposterous. You mean my family will eventually die but your precious birds won't? Whatever! You ever heard of pesticide, poison. I have enough of that stuff to kill the insects, rodents and birds around my place. I wouldn't lose anything if the birds were gone!
Lester Maddox

Greenbrier, AR

#7400 Sep 20, 2012
phantom88 wrote:
The CDC has spoken out stateing that they created a sickness for the following birds crows starlings to kill them due to over population of these bird. well the thing is if the can do this to birds why wouldnt they do this to us? the world has tried making ethnic bombs that whin go off target a sertin race they have not been able to work as of now. but think they can now target a sertin kind of bird. what makes you think that now they can turn it agniest us?
Note please look up FEMA camps people wake up AMERICA
Hell that aint nothing, in 1962 we had a machine that would vaporize 10 kneegrows at once, but with every fifth use we had to use nine kneegrows and one mexican. Had to grease it you know....
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#7401 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
The people can counter that and create a sickness for the CDC.
And politicians.
Can't we?
There you go Churm.$$$$$ A problem that needs a quick, efficient solution.$$$$$
thats easy just combine Ksacs, Sickle Cell anemia Ebola ,Aids & Bird flu. Problem solved. Its not too far fetched to believe that aids is a Bio Engineered disease. Dont worry the present Pole Shift & Earth Change clatyclismic events will cull a large number of humans from the planet. Those FEMA camps will be used as sorting & culling facilities.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#7402 Sep 20, 2012
September 20, 2012 – HEALTH – The spread could prove devastating to arctic bird species that have never encountered the disease and thus have no resistance to it, said San Francisco State University Associate Professor of Biology Ravinder Sehgal, one of the study’s co-authors. It may also help scientists understand the effects of climate change on the spread of human malaria, which is caused by a similar parasite. Researchers examined blood samples from birds collected at four sites of varying latitude, with Anchorage as a southern point, Denali and Fairbanks as middle points and Coldfoot as a northern point, roughly 600 miles north of Anchorage. They found infected birds in Anchorage and Fairbanks but not in Coldfoot. Using satellite imagery and other data, researchers were able to predict how environments will change due to global warming—and where malaria parasites will be able to survive in the future. They found that by 2080, the disease will have spread north to Coldfoot and beyond.“Right now, there’s no avian malaria above latitude 64 degrees, but in the future, with global warming, that will certainly change,” Sehgal said. The northerly spread is alarming, he added, because there are species in the North American arctic that have never been exposed to the disease and may be highly susceptible to it.“For example, penguins in zoos die when they get malaria, because far southern birds have not been exposed to malaria and thus have not developed any resistance to it,” he said.“There are birds in the north, such as snowy owls or gyrfalcons, which could experience the same thing.” The study’s lead author is Claire Loiseau, a former postdoctoral fellow in Sehgal’s laboratory at SF State. Ryan Harrigan, a postdoctoral scholar at the University of California, Los Angeles, provided data modeling for the project. The research was funded by grants from the AXA Foundation and National Geographic. Researchers are still unsure how the disease is being spread in Alaska and are currently collecting additional data to determine which mosquito species are transmitting the Plasmodium parasites that cause malaria. The data may also indicate if and how malaria in humans will spread northward. Modern medicine makes it difficult to track the natural spread of the disease, Sehgal said, but monitoring birds may provide clues as to how global climate change may affect the spread of human malaria.-Physics
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#7403 Sep 20, 2012
September 16, 2012 – BETHESDA, Md.— A deadly germ untreatable by most antibiotics has killed a seventh person at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center in Maryland. The Washington Post reported the death Friday. NIH officials told the paper that the boy from Minnesota died Sept. 7. NIH says the boy arrived at the research hospital in Bethesda in April and was being treated for complications from a bone marrow transplant when he contracted the bug. He was the 19th patient at the hospital to contract an antibiotic-resistant strain of KPC, or Klebsiella pneumoniae. The outbreak stemmed from a single patient carrying the superbug who arrived at the hospital last summer. The paper reported the Minnesota boy’s case marked the first new infection of this superbug at NIH since January.–YN
Ok combine this with something else and you got your designer disease. If they can put a pig gene into a cotton plant and clone a sheep anything is possible.
Black Muslims for Obama

Rison, AR

#7404 Sep 20, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
September 16, 2012 – BETHESDA, Md.— A deadly germ untreatable by most antibiotics has killed a seventh person at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center in Maryland. The Washington Post reported the death Friday. NIH officials told the paper that the boy from Minnesota died Sept. 7. NIH says the boy arrived at the research hospital in Bethesda in April and was being treated for complications from a bone marrow transplant when he contracted the bug. He was the 19th patient at the hospital to contract an antibiotic-resistant strain of KPC, or Klebsiella pneumoniae. The outbreak stemmed from a single patient carrying the superbug who arrived at the hospital last summer. The paper reported the Minnesota boy’s case marked the first new infection of this superbug at NIH since January.–YN
Ok combine this with something else and you got your designer disease. If they can put a pig gene into a cotton plant and clone a sheep anything is possible.
I'm so lonely, will you be my friend?
Black Muslims for Obama

Rison, AR

#7405 Sep 20, 2012
Lester Maddox wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell that aint nothing, in 1962 we had a machine that would vaporize 10 kneegrows at once, but with every fifth use we had to use nine kneegrows and one mexican. Had to grease it you know....
Be nice everyone. I wish everyone would stop being so mean. Just think if everyone could just embrace each other with kind words what a wonderful world this could be.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#7406 Sep 20, 2012
Black Muslims for Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so lonely, will you be my friend?
no
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#7407 Sep 20, 2012
FERSON CITY, MO (AP)- The Missouri Conservation Department says it has been getting reports of hundreds of dead deer around the state.

The agency says the deer appear to have fallen victim to hemorrhagic disease, which is spread by the bites of the small midge fly.

As of mid-September, the department had received reports of about 2,800 dead deer, with the disease being the suspected cause.

The department says outbreaks of hemorrhagic disease tend to increase during droughts, when deer and flies both congregate near the diminished number of watering spots.

People don't get the disease.

So the department says handling and eating meat from deer that have recovered from the disease poses no health hazard.
Black Muslims for Peace

Rison, AR

#7408 Sep 20, 2012
Sir why do you hate so much? Allah has taught us to love and forgive people like you. I forgive you so your trangrssions are abolish and thrown into the Lake of Kamdia. We can be friends in spirt. Go in peace sir. Allah Akbar.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#7409 Sep 20, 2012
This planet takes care of itself. When it has had enough of us humans it will shake us off like a dog shakes fleas off of a dog!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#7410 Sep 20, 2012
Well maybe it just a bunch of hunters target praticing lol
dude

United States

#7411 Sep 20, 2012
O my.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7412 Sep 20, 2012
It was the alliens
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#7413 Sep 20, 2012
LITTLE ROCK—Christopher R. Thyer, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas, announced today the waiver of indictment and plea of guilty to a felony information by Debra Shannon, age 56, of Pocahontas, Arkansas. The information, which was filed in open court today, charges Shannon with one count of mail fraud.
For 37 years, Shannon held the position of chief financial officer at the Black River Area Development Corporation (BRAD) in Pocahontas, Arkansas. BRAD administers programs to assist low-to-moderate income residents of Clay, Lawrence, and Randolph Counties. Part of Shannon’s job duties included writing checks from various payroll accounts to pay employees and vendors as well as reconciling those accounts.
At the plea hearing held before the Honorable J. Leon Holmes, Shannon admitted that she wrote checks to herself from various checking accounts with the majority of the checks being written from the payroll account. She would then obtain the bank statements after they were received through the mail, disguise the payee on the cancelled check, photocopy the disguised checks, and put the altered checks in BRAD’s records. This activity began on or before December 28, 2001, and continued until May 2012. The total amount of checks embezzled was $390,735.65.
Thyer stated,“Embezzlement by a trusted employee is conduct which cannot be tolerated.” He added,“The stolen funds should have been utilized to assist the poor citizens and communities in the Black River area of our state, not to fraudulently increase an employee’s salary.”
The statutory penalty for embezzlement for mail fraud is not more than 20 years’ imprisonment and a fine of up to $250,000. Shannon remains free on her own recognizance pending sentencing, which has not yet been set.
The investigation was conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Karen Whatley.
Please tell us why this women is out and about in the town after stealing almost $391,000 in 11 years?
Just what did she do with all that money that she stole from the poor people here in this area?

SE Michigan

#7414 Sep 20, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
LITTLE ROCK—Christopher R. Thyer, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas, announced today the waiver of indictment and plea of guilty to a felony information by Debra Shannon, age 56, of Pocahontas, Arkansas. The information, which was filed in open court today, charges Shannon with one count of mail fraud.
For 37 years, Shannon held the position of chief financial officer at the Black River Area Development Corporation (BRAD) in Pocahontas, Arkansas. BRAD administers programs to assist low-to-moderate income residents of Clay, Lawrence, and Randolph Counties. Part of Shannon’s job duties included writing checks from various payroll accounts to pay employees and vendors as well as reconciling those accounts.
At the plea hearing held before the Honorable J. Leon Holmes, Shannon admitted that she wrote checks to herself from various checking accounts with the majority of the checks being written from the payroll account. She would then obtain the bank statements after they were received through the mail, disguise the payee on the cancelled check, photocopy the disguised checks, and put the altered checks in BRAD’s records. This activity began on or before December 28, 2001, and continued until May 2012. The total amount of checks embezzled was $390,735.65.
Thyer stated,“Embezzlement by a trusted employee is conduct which cannot be tolerated.” He added,“The stolen funds should have been utilized to assist the poor citizens and communities in the Black River area of our state, not to fraudulently increase an employee’s salary.”
The statutory penalty for embezzlement for mail fraud is not more than 20 years’ imprisonment and a fine of up to $250,000. Shannon remains free on her own recognizance pending sentencing, which has not yet been set.
The investigation was conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Karen Whatley.
Please tell us why this women is out and about in the town after stealing almost $391,000 in 11 years?
Just what did she do with all that money that she stole from the poor people here in this area?
Gotta keep those jail cells open to make room for the blackbird killers.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#7415 Sep 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Gotta keep those jail cells open to make room for the blackbird killers.
Maybe it's a racist thing!

SE Michigan

#7416 Sep 21, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's a racist thing!
I sometimes wonder, if those birds were all red or yellow, would people still hate them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chickens in city limits? 43 min dub 6
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Answers 30,637
drug deal 4 hr citizen 40
Mama 4 hr citizen 27
3 arrested after police search Piggott home 16 hr citizen 5
women beaters 23 hr A REAL MAN 4
I.S.O. house for rent in country Wed God_s homesteader 6
Piggott Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Piggott People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:28 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:28PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip
Bleacher Report10:29 PM
How Should St. Louis Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NBC Sports 4:30 AM
Albert Haynesworth to Ndamukong Suh: Do your research on suitors
Bleacher Report12:13 PM
Buzz: Titans to Be 'Aggressive' in Free Agency