How did the war on terrorism start??

How did the war on terrorism start??

Posted in the Piggott Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I luv fluffies

Ozark, AL

#1 Mar 11, 2008
How do you think the war on terrorism started?
Obama Supporter

Enterprise, AL

#2 Mar 11, 2008
Governments around the world have dealt with terror groups and individual "terrorists" across the spectrum of history.

I'm guilty of using the term "war on terror" out of rhetorical convenience. For all intensive purposes though it is a generic slogan used by neoconservatives to "unite" the nation against a common enemy, without actually telling people how complex the situation is, stating or even considering the goals of our enemy, or setting any reasonable long term goals of our own.

As long as Americans are "united" behind this generic slogan, the government can continue to pump money into this "war on terror" as they see fit, without explaining the particulars to the American people.

I can also save you the trouble of coming back to this thread, as the next several posts from other posters should go something like this...

"Them there Muslims hate our freedom and way of life. They hate America, we gotta kick their ass!"

I'm not saying there is no threat to governments from various fringe groups. That is another subject. This should, however, explain your "war on terror" question.
Pro-Disestablish ment

Ozark, AL

#3 Mar 11, 2008
This is what started it about 60 years ago after the holocaust.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/m...
That's going to be a bit biased, because it was written from a pro-semite viewpoint, but most of the facts are solid.

http://a-mother-from-gaza.blogspot.com/2008/0...
This blog will show you the quality of life the military occupation of Israel has given the Gazans. Maybe add a little humanity to the bullseyes.

http://tesa.leb.net/belanger0613.html

What does this Israeli-Palestine conflict have to do with America you ask? Basically, we give a LOT of support to Israel in suppressing the Palestinian Arabs whose land was, in my view, wrongfully taken from them. After the holocaust, we had to put those helpless jews somewhere safe, so, basically, we took land away from Palestinians, and the jews have been methodically closing that strangle-hold on militant and non-militant Palestinian Arabs ever since... with OUR help. 60 years of oppression can definitely lead a people to take desperate measures.

Imagine if all the land in Piggott was taken by the government so that they could set up a permanent settlement for some Mexicans. I'd like to see how that would go over.

*Disclaimer the following words are sarcastic in nature.*

Oh, and, "BECAUSE THEIR MUSLIMS AND WE'RE CHRISTIANS AND THEY DON'T LIKE OUR WAY OF LIFE, AND THEY DON'T LIKE TALL BUILDINGS!!"
T_A_P_S

Delphi, IN

#5 Mar 12, 2008
it started when the 2 planes hit the trade towers,when a plane hit the pentagon, and when the passengers fought back on flight 93 on Sept.11,2001
Obama Supporter

Enterprise, AL

#6 Mar 12, 2008
T_A_P_S wrote:
it started when the 2 planes hit the trade towers,when a plane hit the pentagon, and when the passengers fought back on flight 93 on Sept.11,2001
Apparently the whole of human history started on that day. Politicians and the electorate continue to ignore the 'what and why' leading up to that point. For that reason, most of them still fail to grasp any sort of understanding of where we stand now.

I've mentioned this before, but it sickened me watching the Republican debate in which Rudy Giuliani chastised Ron Paul for making this very point. Apparently its more convenient for Giuliani and others to move forward with cliches instead of really trying to understand our enemy.

Unfortunately, cliches, soundbites, and "mission accomplished" slogans are usually good enough to snag enough Americans to get elected.
hemppy

Appleton City, MO

#7 Mar 26, 2008
bush got elected for president!

Since: Jan 08

United States

#8 Mar 30, 2008
Pro-Disestablishment wrote:
This is what started it about 60 years ago after the holocaust.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/m...
That's going to be a bit biased, because it was written from a pro-semite viewpoint, but most of the facts are solid.
http://a-mother-from-gaza.blogspot.com/2008/0...
This blog will show you the quality of life the military occupation of Israel has given the Gazans. Maybe add a little humanity to the bullseyes.
http://tesa.leb.net/belanger0613.html
What does this Israeli-Palestine conflict have to do with America you ask? Basically, we give a LOT of support to Israel in suppressing the Palestinian Arabs whose land was, in my view, wrongfully taken from them. After the holocaust, we had to put those helpless jews somewhere safe, so, basically, we took land away from Palestinians, and the jews have been methodically closing that strangle-hold on militant and non-militant Palestinian Arabs ever since... with OUR help. 60 years of oppression can definitely lead a people to take desperate measures.
Imagine if all the land in Piggott was taken by the government so that they could set up a permanent settlement for some Mexicans. I'd like to see how that would go over.
*Disclaimer the following words are sarcastic in nature.*
Oh, and, "BECAUSE THEIR MUSLIMS AND WE'RE CHRISTIANS AND THEY DON'T LIKE OUR WAY OF LIFE, AND THEY DON'T LIKE TALL BUILDINGS!!"
well the land was israels to start with they are just getting it back.and as far as the mexican comparison, ina america we live amongst every ethnicity so we dont have that problem and if they could just get along on both sides then they could live side by side just like we do.
Obama Supporter

Dothan, AL

#9 Mar 30, 2008
88nascarfan wrote:
<quoted text>well the land was israels to start with they are just getting it back.and as far as the mexican comparison, ina america we live amongst every ethnicity so we dont have that problem and if they could just get along on both sides then they could live side by side just like we do.
Isreal did not exist until the U.N. created it, so please explain how it was "israels to star with."

Since: Jan 08

United States

#10 Mar 30, 2008
Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Isreal did not exist until the U.N. created it, so please explain how it was "israels to star with."
the jewish people which is israel. different name country but same people.
Obama Supporter

Dothan, AL

#11 Mar 30, 2008
It didn't belong to Israel. This worthless little strip of land has changed hands between Christians, Jews, and Muslims through military campaigns for years.

It was outright given to them at the expense of thousands of Palestinians who have suffered because of it.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#12 Mar 30, 2008
so if you dont believe it should bein jewish hands then why not and eho should be in control.they will be fighting over this until the antichrist comes and then there will be short 3 1/2 years of peace. they have always fought over that throughout the years and always will.and at what expense to the palestinians, the israelis have suffered just as much.
Obama Supporter

Dothan, AL

#13 Mar 30, 2008
The Jews suffered at the hands of a tyrant in Germany, not at the hands of the Palestinians. The Palestinians have suffered at the hands of Jews who were GIVEN Palestine and GIVEN statehood called Israel.

Its not hard to see the injustice here and why I have a problem with how this happened. Ideally, they could live side by side. But the way they have divided the Palestinians makes that impossible.

Your antichrist comment highlights the key problem here. They are so willing to fight over this godforsaken, worthless piece of land because of religious dogma. They have killed over it. That's probably the most disturbing part.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#14 Mar 31, 2008
Obama Supporter wrote:
The Jews suffered at the hands of a tyrant in Germany, not at the hands of the Palestinians. The Palestinians have suffered at the hands of Jews who were GIVEN Palestine and GIVEN statehood called Israel.
Its not hard to see the injustice here and why I have a problem with how this happened. Ideally, they could live side by side. But the way they have divided the Palestinians makes that impossible.
Your antichrist comment highlights the key problem here. They are so willing to fight over this godforsaken, worthless piece of land because of religious dogma. They have killed over it. That's probably the most disturbing part.
it says and explains in the bible what is going on over there and around the world right now. it was written 2 thousand years ago and it tells us what is going to happen and what will,and yes the antichrist part 2. the jews are gods chosen people and it says in the bible that in the end of days that they will build a temple, right where one sits today, exactly where they are fighting at. yes for that what you call worthless piece of ground is holy to them both so they are fighting over it. it says it all in the bible. and in order for them to tear down the old temple and build a new they will have to get along cause they are going to share the temple (jews and gentiles). that is where i believe we will come in. god is using the us and its military might to get rid of the opposition over there so the things that are going to happen to set up and during the antichrist reign will be able to happen. there will be success in iraq or we will pull out and leave them to die to the iranian backed terrorists and iran will move across the desert when we arent there and try to "wipe israel off the map" and god will come down and kill 2/3 of them at once. so thats why i support israel, cause it is gods people and we need to be on gods side or we will end up like iran.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#15 Mar 31, 2008
Obama Supporter wrote:
The Jews suffered at the hands of a tyrant in Germany, not at the hands of the Palestinians. The Palestinians have suffered at the hands of Jews who were GIVEN Palestine and GIVEN statehood called Israel.
Its not hard to see the injustice here and why I have a problem with how this happened. Ideally, they could live side by side. But the way they have divided the Palestinians makes that impossible.
Your antichrist comment highlights the key problem here. They are so willing to fight over this godforsaken, worthless piece of land because of religious dogma. They have killed over it. That's probably the most disturbing part.
and it so said in the bible that israel would become a nation again and in 1948 they did with our help. it also talks about a six day war with israel and that happened too. so how could one little country on what you call that worthless piece of land woop three countries bigger militaries within 6 days at once and not have a god behind them then your blind.
Obama Supporter

Dothan, AL

#16 Mar 31, 2008
I don't think its wise to base your foreign policy off the Bible. Religious scripture is the base of the entire problem. That is what puts value on that worthless strip of land. That is what motivates them to murder.

I really can't argue with you if you believe all this.

I'm not so sure about Iran. It just came out today that they played a part in brokering the cease fire in Iraq.

These rigid beliefs are the problem. How can anyone who believes this stuff look at the situation over there objectively? And because of these beliefs, everyone else suffers.

I just don't see how any person could rationalize that this is what God would really want.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#17 Mar 31, 2008
Obama Supporter wrote:
I don't think its wise to base your foreign policy off the Bible. Religious scripture is the base of the entire problem. That is what puts value on that worthless strip of land. That is what motivates them to murder.
I really can't argue with you if you believe all this.
I'm not so sure about Iran. It just came out today that they played a part in brokering the cease fire in Iraq.
These rigid beliefs are the problem. How can anyone who believes this stuff look at the situation over there objectively? And because of these beliefs, everyone else suffers.
I just don't see how any person could rationalize that this is what God would really want.
i base it on the bible because its the truth and it tells exactly whats going to happen. and god didnt want adam and eve to eat of the forbidden fruit but they did and now we whave the world we live in. and it is not our right to question what god would want because he knows all and the final plan and we cant. and iran is doing all this to try and look like the good guys but how else could they help to so call broker a cease fire without being the one behind it all to begin with. why would these terrorists want to listen to someone else from another country unless they are supported by them.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#18 Mar 31, 2008
i believe first we should have told iran to stop making nuclear weapons and if they refused went into iran and overthrew that government before iraq. if they are wanting to use it for socalled power then why are they hiding it. and iraq did have chemical weapons and either did or was trying to get nuclear weapons to use on israel. there have been people thta were in i iraqi republican gaurd close to sadam and i believe it was one of his generals that admitted to a journalist that they were hiding chemical and/or biological weapons in syria and iraq even allowed transport of iranian military vehicles across it territory in the north to syria.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#19 Apr 1, 2008
Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Isreal did not exist until the U.N. created it, so please explain how it was "israels to star with."
in march 2002 republican senator from OK james Inhofe gave one of the greatest speeches on the senate floor and he titled seven reasons why israel is entitled to the land. in it he brought out that archealogical evidence proves that it was israel. every new archaeological dig supports the fact that the jews have had a presence in israel for three thousand yearsincluding coins, cities,pottery, and other cultural artifacts. this predates any other claim of any other people in the region.2nd reason is has a historic right to this land. israel existed as a nation until the time of the roman empireand remained in the land throught time until britain took control after WW1. grateful for their effort in the war brittain promised to jewish scientists and business men in 1917 to set aside certain captured lands (present day israel and jordan) for a jewish homeland. it wasnt until after the jews reclaimed it and the land started to prosper that arabs started to repopulate the area.no nation in the region has a longer-standing historic claim to the region than israel. saudia arabia wasnt created until 1913, lebanon, 1920, iraq, 1932, syria, 1941, jordan, 1946, and kuwait until 1961. and on to the 7th reason he put was that we must support israels right to the land because god said so!! in Genesis 13:14-17 the bible says " The Lord said unto Abram...Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art... for all the land which thou seest, to thee will i give it, and to thy seed forever..." the facts are that if we didnt support israel that we would have to out commit thousands of troops in the region at the cost of billions of dollars to secure a land that is critical to our national security inasmuch as the oil rich persian gulf is at stake and we would see gas prices far higher than we do now!!! also since its independence israel has fought 4 wars thethe war for independence(1948-490), the 1956 war, the sinai campaign; the 6 day war in 1967; and the yom kippur war in 1973 and in all cases israel was attacked and was never the agressor and they won all 4 wars against impossible odds. we have only one friend to rely on in the middle east. israel votes with us in the UN more than any other nation. even more than Britain, France, Canada and Germany.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#20 Apr 1, 2008
besides six million jews were slaughtered in Europe in world war 2. Jews were persecuted in Rusia under the czars, under communism, and even now. for their own protection and developmentthey need their homeland. If not there then where?? its just a tiny piece of land in all the world.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#21 Apr 3, 2008
why havent you repsonded obama supporter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Delete 8 hr guest 15
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 14 hr Johnie James 42,918
Phillip chandler 17 hr Zland 1
Karma Thu guest 4
why people so lazy Wed Paul Frehley 7
Lawyer (May '13) Apr 17 Ha ha 8
Region 8 at mcDonalds Apr 17 No need 32

Piggott Jobs

Personal Finance

Piggott Mortgages