door to door alarm salesman

door to door alarm salesman

Posted in the Piggott Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
guest

Dexter, MO

#1 Aug 15, 2012
Beware of giving these people personal info or letting them in your house. I did some research and it could be a scam
Lander

Kennett, MO

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Thought the city of Piggott had the Green River ordinance law.
concerned

Kennett, MO

#3 Aug 16, 2012
are these people really scammers??
guest

Dexter, MO

#4 Aug 16, 2012
Just search online about ADT or Vivint door to door. Kinda depends on what u consider a scam.
Arm security systems
#5 Aug 16, 2012
Looked into and did extensive research. They are legit. Arm security has an A on the bbb. Call police or city hall to verify if you have questions about their license to be in Piggot. Love my system they set up in my home.
NOT a scam

United States

#6 Aug 16, 2012
I have the system here and my parents have had the system in their home for over a year and love it! The system works great and the police have showed up at my parents house every time the alarm has gone off, not a scam.
guest

Dexter, MO

#7 Aug 16, 2012
Too both people with systems. Did u sign up thru the door to door?
Jockey Shifter
#8 Aug 16, 2012
Lander wrote:
Thought the city of Piggott had the Green River ordinance law.
That ordinance is only in Mayberry.
Untrusting
#9 Aug 16, 2012
The man came to my home as we were making supper, sometime after 7 p.m.( which was annoying to be bothered at that point in the evening.) He offered to look them up on the BBB AFTER I agreed to sign up. I have a good friend who installs, so I said I knew how to check their legitimacy and went in the other room. He seemed panicky and asked my son..."What is she doing? Is she looking something up on the computer?" I went back into the room with the cell phone to my ear ( I was calling my friend for advice), the man instantly said "Who are you calling?" "Are you calling the city?" I simply said no. He then asked my son.. Who is she calling? He informed him that I was calling a friend for advice. The man ignored my repeated requests to identify his company, then faked a phone call and ran out the door. I was looking right at his phone and there was no call, and I have extremely good hearing and there was no vibrate, and no voice coming from the phone. He high-tailed it right out the door at high speed. I do hope Piggott is not a town that allows solicitation of services and goods door to door at such late times in the day, and to such shady individuals.
NOT a scam
#10 Aug 16, 2012
Yes I did get it from the door to door guys and my parents also did back when they had gotten it. They have never had any surprises or anything unexpected with their system either, it is what they say.
Frosty

Warren, AR

#11 Aug 16, 2012
Arm security systems wrote:
Looked into and did extensive research. They are legit. Arm security has an A on the bbb. Call police or city hall to verify if you have questions about their license to be in Piggot. Love my system they set up in my home.
Hillarious u and your partner both typed in replys as Piggott customers. If they are that great divulge your real name so everyone in our small town can identify u. Frickin crackerjacks!
Beware

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Aug 16, 2012
those people selling alarm systems door to door are felons and registered sex offenders. It's not only a scam, you will 100% certainly be victimized in some way by them. They stole checks from one mans checkbook. Another person was raped. One poor families children were kidnapped and abused. They kicked another mans dog. ADT is just a boiler room that sells how to kits to people who want to pander to the insecurities of the aged and vulnerable.

BEWARE

I accept no responsibility for the truthfulness of the above remarks. They may or may not have have been made up spontaneously in their entirety.
concerned

United States

#13 Aug 17, 2012
I thought you had to make an appointment for ADT to come to your home, IF thoses sales people are from ADT. The lady who let that man into her home probably needs to be more careful about who she lets come in. And yes, if they are working the area, I believe the police should be called, so they can check the people out and see if they really are legit. If they come to my door, I will be calling the police.
lol

Dexter, MO

#14 Aug 17, 2012
concerned wrote:
I thought you had to make an appointment for ADT to come to your home, IF thoses sales people are from ADT. The lady who let that man into her home probably needs to be more careful about who she lets come in. And yes, if they are working the area, I believe the police should be called, so they can check the people out and see if they really are legit. If they come to my door, I will be calling the police.
you people are nuts
if they come knocking on your door and you are so freaked out then do what you do to the Jehovah's, just don't answer
concerned

United States

#15 Aug 18, 2012
right. don't answer the door. then they can go down the street and scam your elderly neighbor or a young couple who might be more trusting. If they are a legit group, they will be happy to speak with the police and show their credentials.
No One

Kennett, MO

#16 Aug 18, 2012
Oh yeah, one of these fools came to my door the other day...they try to use scare tactics to get you to sign up for their crap.

He told me that there was a increase of drugs in this town...I told him.."Duh, tell me something I don't already know"...rofl

Come to find out he went to my step moms house and told her that there was an increase in break ins in this town..

Beware of these scam artists...because thats exactly what they are!!!!
No One

Kennett, MO

#17 Aug 18, 2012
and here is your proof for those that say they arent a scam.

http://www.securitysales.com/videos/channel/b...
NOT a scam

Atlanta, GA

#18 Aug 19, 2012
That does not prove anything. There are door to door sales people that are very pushy and forcefully sell their product, but that does not mean they are a scam. I used to go door to door for dish network and there were complaints on co workers about the way that they sold dish network door to door but it wasn't a scam. Direct TV has a D- on the BBB Better Business Bureau, Doesn't mean it's a scam. A scam would be something that doesn't work. This security system has won many awards including consumer digest best buy award. Some sales tactics that some reps (not all) use are bad tactics such as scare tactics but that does not make it a scam. That's a very ignorant thing to just say its a scam because of the way some employee is presenting it. If that were the case then all car sales people would be a scam so we should stop buying cars because cars are a "scam"
guest

Dexter, MO

#19 Aug 19, 2012
Maybe i need to put on some nice clothes and get a clipboard. Will u let me in to look around your house? Maybe give me some credit card numbers too.
No One

Kennett, MO

#20 Aug 20, 2012
NOT a scam wrote:
That does not prove anything. There are door to door sales people that are very pushy and forcefully sell their product, but that does not mean they are a scam. I used to go door to door for dish network and there were complaints on co workers about the way that they sold dish network door to door but it wasn't a scam. Direct TV has a D- on the BBB Better Business Bureau, Doesn't mean it's a scam. A scam would be something that doesn't work. This security system has won many awards including consumer digest best buy award. Some sales tactics that some reps (not all) use are bad tactics such as scare tactics but that does not make it a scam. That's a very ignorant thing to just say its a scam because of the way some employee is presenting it. If that were the case then all car sales people would be a scam so we should stop buying cars because cars are a "scam"
That is one example dipshit...just go to google and type in their company name and you'll see a shitload of pages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piggott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr --Bad Dad-- 41,472
Newwave communication 6 hr Arkansas 4
Liars and hypocrites 11 hr Hmmm 5
Christa Hedrick 16 hr URAHypocrite 5
Pasture wanted.. Wed tkbfarms 1
Free Puppies (Dec '11) Tue Hunter S Thompson 6
What happened to Jordans Quick Stop? Jan 15 Monica 7

Piggott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Piggott Mortgages