Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 26, 2013
I'll be in Gatlinburg for three days in April and have emailed two golf courses inquiring about how I might get to play a round and me with no partner...neither one of them answered me back. One of you local golfers please tell me a good place to go on a Saturday morning that I might get to play a round either by being teamed up with someone, or let go out by myself. Thanks! The two courses that would not respond to my emails are Bent Creek, and the one past Dolly Wood...just for the record.
non-golfer

Johnson City, TN

#2 Mar 26, 2013
Try out Cobbly Knob!!

Location hidden

#3 Mar 26, 2013
Thank you sir!!
man

United States

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Creekside plantation in the boyds creek area.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 27, 2013
man wrote:
Thanks so much, I called here today and this is where I'm probably going. They were very nice, and they are much cheaper than the others that won't even contact me back. Business must be good for the two courses that won't even take the time to get back to a potential customer.
Sevier County

Sevierville, TN

#6 Mar 30, 2013
non-golfer wrote:
Try out Cobbly Knob!!
Isn't Bent Creek and Cobbly Knob one in the same?
Sevier County

Sevierville, TN

#7 Mar 30, 2013
man wrote:
That's a 9 hole course.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Sevier County wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Bent Creek and Cobbly Knob one in the same?
A little research showed me that indeed are. I won't be going anywhere where they are too lazy to answer an email.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 30, 2013
Sevier County wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a 9 hole course.
You are correct, but they have different tee boxes for the front and nine. I am going to this course as they were very nice and are going to let my play my round by myself.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 30, 2013
Thanks for all the nice feedback to my interests on golf courses in your area. Heres a new question...the course I'm going to is in Seymour Tn, and I was wondering what kind of roads I'm going to encounter getting to Seymour from Gatlinburg, and will I be taking myself out out of the mountains which I don't want to do. Thanks so much.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 31, 2013
Reef shark wrote:
You can take the main drag aka 66 to boyds creek road or you can take chapman highway to Seymour and then hit boyds creek.Chapman will get you there in half the time and not near as curvy.Just stay in the slow lane and take your time.Locals know that road as chapman dieway.Creekside is a tight course but laid back.The course is set up in a sort of valley.
Thank you so much. I will leave early and drive safe. I was able to see a couple of pics from the courses site and it looks like it is a a pretty place.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Reef shark wrote:
<quoted text>Y.W. and hope ya have a safe trip and a great visit.I think you'll like your choice.It's clean,well kept and the staff have always been helpful to us anytime we go.
As you probably read in my earlier posts, I tried to make email contact with two other courses much closer to Gatlinburg, where I'll be staying, and to this day neither one has responded. I called Creekside, and talked to one of the nicest guys I've ever encountered, plus he told me they would let me play my round alone. I did not want to be stuck with three other friends and not be welcome, as I've had happen before. To play golf in the Smoky's is a 30 yr. dream for me. Thanks again for your help, and if your in the area, I'm going to be there April 13, at 8:00=bring your clubs and join me.:)

Location hidden

#15 Mar 31, 2013
I also should mention that Creekside prices are half of what they wanted at the other two courses.
Seymour Resident

Knoxville, TN

#16 Apr 2, 2013
YOU WONT LIKE THIS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, but they have different tee boxes for the front and nine. I am going to this course as they were very nice and are going to let my play my round by myself.
While you're in the area, may I suggest Italian Kitchen, Willies, or Parton's BBQ. I live in a subdivision next the Creekside. Hope you enjoy the area.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 2, 2013
Seymour Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
While you're in the area, may I suggest Italian Kitchen, Willies, or Parton's BBQ. I live in a subdivision next the Creekside. Hope you enjoy the area.
Is this really Topix? lol So many nice responses from a site that is usually a bunch of garbage, and smart answers from people. What a blessing to see we have some people left that can help others, and they still have some good ole fashioned manners! Thanks again to all, and Seymour Resident, I'm gonna go for the Bar-B-Que as you suggest, because that is one of my favorites and I know folks in the mountains know about cooking Bar-B-Que! Thank you so much for your wishes for me to enjoy the area...what a blessing to read, and I plan on playing with pace like you should, but I also plan on taking few pics as I can.:) BTW to all...I'm coming from Kentucky out of a small town, so I already know I'll feel welcome, and enjoy. I live ten minutes from golf pro Kenny Perry's course and will not play golf there.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Reef shark wrote:
You GOTTA eatt Willie's!!Best Italian food in the state as far as I'm concerned.
May have to give them a try! Thank you!
Seymour Resident

Clarksville, TN

#20 Apr 4, 2013
Reef shark wrote:
You GOTTA eatt Willie's!!Best Italian food in the state as far as I'm concerned.
Willies has three locations, the new one Seymour has steaks everyday, and the old one has changed their menu. I eat at Willies regularly but for Italian, I eat a Italian Kitchen. That's just my taste buds, so don't count on my taste being the same as yours.
Seymour Resident

United States

#23 Apr 14, 2013
Reef shark wrote:
<quoted text>Did Willie open up in the old Bob's Mountaneer building?That's what someone told me.Where is the Italian kitchen?If that's the place on Boyd's creek across from the dollar store then You're right,GREAT,Fresh food.
Willies has 3 locations, first was across from Seymour Baptist on Chapman Hwy, second location in Sevierville next to Food City, third location opened in the former Bob's Mountaineer on Chapman Hwy. Yes, the Italian Kitchen is on Boyds Creek across from Dollar General. Check Trip Advisor for rating on ITALIAN KITCHEN. Last time I checked it was rated #5 out of 217.

Location hidden

#24 Apr 15, 2013
Reef shark wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you are gonna have a PERFECT day to play.Fire for effect and enjoy!
Had a blast...I ended up driving to Seymour, and played at Creekside Plantation. Weather was perfect. Thanks everyone for your input on this thread.

Location hidden

#25 Apr 15, 2013
I had staph infection so bad last June and July that the doctors fought and fought to save my life, then they started working on my leg. I am blessed to have been able to ever play again, as they told me that twice I should have died and came out of it. My kidneys, and heart tried twice to quit on me. It has been a thirty year plan to play golf in the Smokey Mtn. area and I lived to do it and enjoyed it so much. God bless all you folks whom commented, gave me directions, and even pointed a good place to eat. Topix could use a lot more gentlemen like I've ran into here, and all the folks in your area are wonderful. God bless each and every one of you, and I'll be back next year!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pigeon Forge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liquor Store Owning Lawyer Andrew Farmer (Jul '12) 33 min ThomasA 48
weekly rentals.. Gatlinburg or pigeon forge 1 hr Luann 2
josh chambers (Mar '15) 1 hr Anonymous 30
Rep Andrew Farmer, yall need to vote this cowar... 1 hr Anonymous 2
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) Tue huge football fan 3,771
Detective David Joyner Arrested By FBI (Nov '14) Tue Your full of it 13
Be aware. Thieves in this area Tue ThomasA 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pigeon Forge Mortgages