Next Last
duncanragsdale

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2009
Anybody been a patient of his?
whisper2me

United States

#2 Oct 21, 2009
did he used to have an office on clinton highway in knoxville?
Quack Quack

Kansas City, MO

#3 Oct 21, 2009
He is a crook...Don Dare did an investigation on him a few years back. Try to find his medical lic...go to TN.gov
Quack Quack

Kansas City, MO

#4 Oct 21, 2009
Yes, he had a business on Clinton Hwy a few years ago. Look up his name with Don Dare on the net..The man is a quack.
gps

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2009
Yeah, pay a fortune up front (cash) no refunds, pay more for the treatment or scrips.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jan 6, 2010
He's still on Clinton hwy. and still stealing peoples money $290 up front them he says come back in 2 days and bring $1,080 for the rest of your medicine.
quack quacker

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2010
I have tried to help anyone who asks me about this quack. He is a rip off. He took a young girls money who had saved up to visit her parents. She drove all the way from New Mexico for Christmas, got ill and went to get "HELP" from Dr. Smith, he helped himself to her money and did nothing for this young lady and when she asked for an invoice he refussed. Luckly this young lady had support from her parents that are willing to do what they can so nothing like this happens to others.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jan 11, 2010
quack quacker wrote:
I have tried to help anyone who asks me about this quack. He is a rip off. He took a young girls money who had saved up to visit her parents. She drove all the way from New Mexico for Christmas, got ill and went to get "HELP" from Dr. Smith, he helped himself to her money and did nothing for this young lady and when she asked for an invoice he refussed. Luckly this young lady had support from her parents that are willing to do what they can so nothing like this happens to others.
He did not just take advantage of me. What made me so mad and makes me want to cry is my Grandmother was trying to help me it was her money. He took advantage of a 75yr old womans money that she got from working part time typing her fingers to the bone! That Bastard!!!
If anyone knows a group of people that are getting together against this doctor please reply and tell me!!!!
Quack Quacker

United States

#9 Jan 13, 2010
Keep going and try to get ahold of Don Dare on "your side". Try all the TV stations. Write them letters that works the best..or even go to the TV stations in person. Once this airs a couple of times more and more people will come forth. Lots of folks do not know about this site but do watch TV. Get ahold of Knox News, it is a weekly paper printed in Knoxville, they publish stuff the is true but other papers won't publish.
Smoky Mtn Mom

Nashville, TN

#10 Jan 16, 2010
Karen

Lutz, FL

#11 Feb 11, 2010
Quack Quacker wrote:
Keep going and try to get ahold of Don Dare on "your side". Try all the TV stations. Write them letters that works the best..or even go to the TV stations in person. Once this airs a couple of times more and more people will come forth. Lots of folks do not know about this site but do watch TV. Get ahold of Knox News, it is a weekly paper printed in Knoxville, they publish stuff the is true but other papers won't publish.
This guy needs to be stopped. He took $600. of my money for a simple infection. He wanted to charge $1200. but I refused to "buy" the medicine he recommended...including the vitamin "Shazaam" he sells. He also tried to tell me I had High blood pressure which I don't. Notice he uses old style BP monitor..so you can't read it. He also demands partial payment in cash.(the ATM in the waiting room should be a warning). Don't go there!!!!!!
Karen

Lutz, FL

#12 Feb 11, 2010
Quack Quacker wrote:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2 009/may/10/no-insurance-no-pro blem/ he buffalloed this reporter.
well well well

Atlanta, GA

#13 Feb 15, 2010
does this dr prescribe any good narcotics for severe pain???
Been Ripped Off

Sevierville, TN

#14 Feb 27, 2010
tryn2help wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not just take advantage of me. What made me so mad and makes me want to cry is my Grandmother was trying to help me it was her money. He took advantage of a 75yr old womans money that she got from working part time typing her fingers to the bone! That Bastard!!!
If anyone knows a group of people that are getting together against this doctor please reply and tell me!!!!
Hi there,
I am feeling your anger. I moved here from another state and didn't have a doctor. My son got sick and so I took him to see Dr. Smith. Then I got sick, so I went to see him. My husband and I kept asking for a bill, but never received one. He told us that he was going to give us a break because I needed other work done. We asked what his fees were, but he would never give us a direct answer. He said he would charge us a package price for things to being done. We would go into his office every few weeks with a payment, but before we would even get paid, he would call us, several times a day, to ask when we were going to stop in and pay him-when we already discussed this with him when we were in his office. When I would go in for my check up, we would sit in his office for an hour and a half. He would talk to us about politics, other patients, etc and then, he would check my blood pressure. He told me that I had high blood pressure and he put me on medication. But, he would only give me two weeks worth of medicine so that I would have to come back in and get my blood pressure checked again. He told me that I would have to be on medicine for the rest of my life. Every time he took my blood pressure, he would have to do it a few times because he said he was having problems with the machine. I started thinking, this guy is charging me to check my blood pressure-when I can go to Walmart or Walgreens and check it for free! And that is just what I did. And when I checked it at five different locations, guess what? It was always normal or below normal!! THIS MAN PUT ME ON A SERIOUS MEDICATION THAT I DIDN'T NEED! We had given him a check and when we realized that he was charging us a 190.00 per office visit, we stopped payment on the check. He was furious and threatened to have my husband arrested. We honestly tried to work with him and trusted him. Last week, the sheriff showed up at our door and served us with papers! He is now suing us for this money. This man is unbelievable! He needs to be put out of business. It upsets me to see what he is doing to people who don't have insurance. We would appreciate anyone who would be willing to help us.
Matt

United States

#15 Sep 13, 2010
PLEASE READ!!!!!Dr. Nelson Bryan Smith has a RATING of "F" with the Better Business Bureau. Follow the link below or check the BBB for yourself. http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/51574/T... He leaves his own comments on other site acting like a satisfied customer. He runs a detox and want the addicts to come in so he can take advantage of them. Crook Smith knows an addict is less likely to turn him in. The only reason why Dr. Crook doesn't accept insurance is because it's harder to rip off the insurance companies and can charge what he wants.I feel sorry for all the tourist in Pigeon Forge that are going to get ripped off by this CROOK. If you have been a victim of this GREEDY CROOK report him to the BBB and the Ten. Medical Board. The links are below. Tennessee Medical Board http://health.state.tn.us/consumers.htm#compl... Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/
WONDER BOY

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Sep 14, 2010
Matt...i went to the link u provided and u r right the DR. Writes fake reviews for himself theyre actually quite amusing i enjoyed seeing him act like someone else to keep his SCAM going good work man we need to clean the trash of the county up its sad
WONDER BOY

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Sep 14, 2010
Ive lived here my entire life and i am becoming ashamed of my hometown its nothing more than ppl ripping tourists off and arab run gas stations i wish we would take pride in this county again and clean it up i say im from newport now isnt that bad
Carolina Fan1

Apex, NC

#18 Sep 30, 2010
tryn2help wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be delighted. He threw me out for asking a question about my 85 year old mother's care. I'd love to participate.
DETOX HELP

Columbus, GA

#19 Oct 3, 2010
WANTED DETOX HELP. BUT, DR.NELSON IS HELPING ME & OTHERS GET HOOKED ON SABOXONE....NOW WHAT. HE HAS TAKEN ME FOR OVER $1000. ON 3 VISITS. HE IS A CROOK. DONT GO THERE.(HIS POWELL OFFICE ON CLINTON HWY).
DETOX HELP

Columbus, GA

#20 Oct 3, 2010
Stay away from dr. nelson on clinton hwy. powell emergency clinic. he is a rip off. cash only, no reciepts. ever. he will get you hooked on saboxone. he doesnt help. he just wants money....lots of it..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pigeon Forge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min WTSenior 152,382
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 30 min WTH 9,478
Just what this town needs! 31 min DirtyFrank 5
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 40 min Music and History... 8,647
deann sane wilds clark 1 hr jill 5
what about dcs just coming to your home (Apr '10) 9 hr constitution 123
Police asking for help in finding suspects in S... 13 hr Mikey knows me 7

Pigeon Forge Jobs

Pigeon Forge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pigeon Forge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pigeon Forge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]