Pedestrian hit, killed in Pigeon Forge

Aug 18, 2012 Full story: WBIR-TV Knoxville 9

The Pigeon Force Police Department confirmed a car struck and killed a pedestrian from Virginia, while she was crossing the 441 parkway on Friday night at 11:19. Sheriffs said the 61-year-old woman was hit in front of the Howard Johnson Hotel located on 2826 Parkway in Pigeon Forge.

Full Story
lalala

Hendersonville, TN

#1 Aug 19, 2012
It's sad but people don't need to be in the middle of traffic as we all know how bad traffic Is in pigeon forge!!!! I hate that this has happened for BOTH families tourist don't understand how to cross in a cross walk!!! I hope this man is not charged with a crime that was not his fault!!! People there r cross walks that is what they r there for u DO NOT DART OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC AT 11 pm at NIGHT!!!
Emily

Midlothian, VA

#2 Aug 19, 2012
lalala wrote:
It's sad but people don't need to be in the middle of traffic as we all know how bad traffic Is in pigeon forge!!!! I hate that this has happened for BOTH families tourist don't understand how to cross in a cross walk!!! I hope this man is not charged with a crime that was not his fault!!! People there r cross walks that is what they r there for u DO NOT DART OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC AT 11 pm at NIGHT!!!
The guy was DRUNK plus she was pushing a stroller & saved her grandchilds life!!! Maybe YOU should know the facts before YOU open your disrespectful mouth. Thank you
lalala

Hendersonville, TN

#3 Aug 19, 2012
He was DRUNK really? He was working u idiot!!! And no she wasn't pushing a stroller!!! An how smart is that if she was pushing a stroller across a main highway at 11 pm really!!! Do u not know how to use a CROSSWALK!!!
HerFriend

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2012
She was hit pushing her grandchild out of harm's way... She was so sweet, kind, and gentle. She had been so excited to take this trip with her family. It hurts for everyone involved - we will miss our friend...
Tennessean

Woodbury, TN

#5 Aug 20, 2012
I drove past just after the accident occurred, and saw the stroller in the median. I have been worried to death about that poor child. I am so glad to know the child is okay and am terribly sorry for the loss of your friend. It is a terrible tragedy regardless of the circumstances in which it occurred. Even if she had used a crosswalk, it is still a dangerous area to cross, especially late at night. I hope the guy was not drunk, but either way, I am sorry for your loss.
Emma

Washington, DC

#6 Aug 20, 2012
Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy was DRUNK plus she was pushing a stroller & saved her grandchilds life!!! Maybe YOU should know the facts before YOU open your disrespectful mouth. Thank you
I forgot a pizza delivery person may not drink on the job but regardless you are very disrespectful with your comments. If this were your family member I doubt you would be happy with the comments you've said. Unfortunately a dear sweet woman was killed instead of a moron such as yourself.
Thank you & have a blessed day.
Emma

Washington, DC

#7 Aug 20, 2012
Emma wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot a pizza delivery person may not drink on the job but regardless you are very disrespectful with your comments. If this were your family member I doubt you would be happy with the comments you've said. Unfortunately a dear sweet woman was killed instead of a moron such as yourself.
Thank you & have a blessed day.
Sorry Emily....This post was meant for lalala.
Ohio

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Sep 11, 2012
My husband and I witnessed the entire accident and were the ones to call 911, and gave our statements. This was by far one of the most tragic accidents I've ever witnessed! My heart goes out to this family especially her grand babies, I've never felt so heartbroken and empty, as I did watching them suffer. She may not have been in a crosswalk, however my husband had time yell stop, jump out of our car while driving through the parking lot, run across the street, me to park the car, and cross over to the family before another car even passed. This very well could have been avoided. But who am I to judge? There hasn't been a day since that Friday night that I haven't thought of this family or relived the whole thing! Again this woman's family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! Not only is she a hero in my eyes for saving her grandbaby, but now a guardian angel to them all for life!
ray

Hendersonville, TN

#9 Sep 17, 2012
You know I have read the post on this the people that seen this happen. Everyone says the lady ran out trying to get her grand baby. This was a horrible accident even the witness said she ran out into traffic. How can u people get on here and blame the driver she ran into traffic. I guess someone must be to blame. This was a accident nothing more nothing less. If she saved the kid great she was doing a heroic thing. Don't tarnish her memory by blaming the driver!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pigeon Forge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exotic Pets in Sevierville-ANIMAL CREULTY (Nov '11) 31 min Anonymous 53
accident 3 hr smiley 1
holstons Kitchen (Mar '13) 13 hr Sjhaynes 17
water department no extentions (Sep '13) 13 hr DirtyFrank 31
Pigeon Forge police department 22 hr Louis 3
Long term rental 2015 23 hr MeganB2014 1
long term rentals? (Jan '10) 23 hr MeganB2014 30
Pigeon Forge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web