Which cabin company to rent from?

Posted in the Pigeon Forge Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Alb

Woodstock, Canada

#1 Jul 26, 2007
My family is looking to rent a cabin for three nights and there are too many companies to choose from. Have you ever heard of Aardvark cabins or is there any reputable companies to choose from?
Allie115

Murrieta, CA

#11 Jul 29, 2007
Alb wrote:
My family is looking to rent a cabin for three nights and there are too many companies to choose from. Have you ever heard of Aardvark cabins or is there any reputable companies to choose from?
Aardvark has some beautiful cabins, especially some new 5 bedroom cabins close to the Parkway in Gatlinburg, just below the Park Vista Hotel. They are very large and have theater rooms. Check out Gatlinburg 5-Star Suite Retreat A and B. They are wonderful. They also have many smaller cabins but I am less familiar with those.
Budapest Begger

Dillon, SC

#18 Aug 1, 2007
Sorry it was do to a construction fault inside the cabin that created a propane leak inside the cabin and the cabin blew up with the people inside not the tank outside, Now stop your lying!
I will post the report from the State Investigators. Here is another little gem owned by the sister of one of our elected officials who also owns Little Creek slum cabins.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g5527...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g5...
Maples Mutation

United States

#22 Aug 3, 2007
Hillary wrote:
what made that cabin slide down the mountain Mikey?
I am not Mikey, he only lives in your sick mind, however I will tell you what made the cabin slide down the hill. Sevier County Stupidity!

No building codes, no consideration for erosion and the stupid bastards don't know the first thing about gravity. We are 20 years behind the rest of the world because of our Good Old Boy Mentality. You are a shinning example of it. You think with your anger instead of your brains!
Just The Facts

Lenoir City, TN

#25 Aug 16, 2007
Editor:
I have a complaint about a home we rented in Gatlinburg. The home owner rented to us privately. We live out of state.

When we arrived, the place was a mess - flying ants coming out of the wall; green hot tub; not enough silverware (the place sleeps 20 and we had six forks); bugs in the bathtubs; moldy shower curtains; not enough parking. I could go on, but you get the idea.
We were there to celebrate a 50th anniversary. We were sorely disappointed and had to move to another place. Since then, we cannot contact the homeowner; she has changed her cell phone number twice. Then we found out the next week another family rented and found the place in the same manner.
Consumers, beware. Try to get first-hand references and make sure you use a Visa/MasterCard to rent so you have some way to fight back. Although she claims to have been in this business 22 years, I cannot believe the homeowner can't just admit her guilt, compensate us, at least in part, and move on. This would be the most honest, business-like thing to do.
Hey you never know, we might have come back and rented from her again - never burn your bridges as they say.
Marilyn McGuire
Crystal Lake, Ill.
Just The Facts

Lenoir City, TN

#26 Aug 16, 2007
Editor:
I have a complaint about a home we rented in Gatlinburg. The home owner rented to us privately. We live out of state.
Advertisement
When we arrived, the place was a mess - flying ants coming out of the wall; green hot tub; not enough silverware (the place sleeps 20 and we had six forks); bugs in the bathtubs; moldy shower curtains; not enough parking. I could go on, but you get the idea.
We were there to celebrate a 50th anniversary. We were sorely disappointed and had to move to another place. Since then, we cannot contact the homeowner; she has changed her cell phone number twice. Then we found out the next week another family rented and found the place in the same manner.
Consumers, beware. Try to get first-hand references and make sure you use a Visa/MasterCard to rent so you have some way to fight back. Although she claims to have been in this business 22 years, I cannot believe the homeowner can't just admit her guilt, compensate us, at least in part, and move on. This would be the most honest, business-like thing to do.
Hey you never know, we might have come back and rented from her again - never burn your bridges as they say.
Marilyn McGuire
Crystal Lake, Ill
No Dream Catcher

Chalmette, LA

#29 Mar 10, 2008
We rented the Dream Catcher cabin from Aardvark Cabin Rentals last year.  It was no "dreamy" cabin for the price.  The website says it has 5  bedrooms.  It has three functioning bedrooms and 2 bedrooms downstairs with indoor/outdoor carpet and no a/c or heat and closets with no hanging rods.  It was absolutely freezing down there.  It was really moldy smelling.  We had to go to Wal-mart and purchase pool sticks (the two that were provided were all broken) and 3 heaters to put on the lower floor to dry out the downstairs so that the guest would consider sleeping down there. (which they decided not too and preferred sleeping in the living area on the sofa sleepers).  The ceiling in the drafty downstairs "gameroom" were all cracked and shabby looking.  The iron board was broken.  The dryer had to be run 3 times to dry the clothes. Don't expect your garbage to be picked up.  If you are there over a week, you have a huge trash overflow!!  We called to have the garbage picked up-- no response so we had to use the neighbors facility.  The upstairs was acceptable, very small kitchen... and table that if you think you can reposition it ... the legs would fold from under it.  On a positive note it is in a good location. We were very disapointed that it was listed as a five bedroom... but I guess as long as it holds a bed.... they think its functionable?????? 
auntie emm

United States

#30 Mar 11, 2008
Well, my family and i rented a cabin from Black Bear Lodging in Pigeon Forge. We were so pleased with the service and cabin that we have reserved a cabin with them for a week in the upcoming summer. The people were all so nice. the cabin was extremly nice....just as described online. We had no complaints at all with this company. I would highly reccomend them. Good luck.
Valley Man

Nashville, TN

#31 Mar 11, 2008
Hillbilly

Nashville, TN

#33 Mar 14, 2008
Thanx Mikey!!
Hillbilly

Nashville, TN

#34 Mar 14, 2008
Where do you hide at Mikey?
Amys Sunset View

United States

#35 Apr 5, 2008
As a cabin owner, we use Bear Camp Cabin Rentals because they seem to be the only company that cares about the properties it bring into inventory. They have very high standards of the cabin owners and I prefer that. I don't want anyone coming to my cabin and not thinking it was the warmest most comfortable vacation rental they've ever experienced. We have fine quality linens, excellent kitchen essentials, beach towels for the hot tubs and indoor and outdoor games. Wears Valley provides excellent mountain views and seclusion from the lights of Pigeon Forge. You can see our place at www.bearcampcabins.com as well as the other excellent choices they represent. Best of luck.
735stacey

Myrtle Beach, SC

#36 Jul 19, 2008
We used Little Valley Mountain Resort in Pigeon Forge for our honeymoon cabin rental and were very pleased. The staff at Black Bear was another story...

What was supposed to be the most memorable day of mine and my husband's lives has been marred by the most unprofessional staff I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. The professional photographer we were supposed to have for our ceremony did not show up. In her place, they sent a young girl who showed up looking disheveled from what she told us was a long night out and lack of sleep. The photos that she took of our ceremony were AWFUL! My four year old nephew has taken better photos with my digital camera. The shots she took were poorly framed, off enter and out of focus. I cried when I saw them after FOUR WEEKS of being put off about when they would be available due to their computer system crashing soon afetr my wedding. Whiel I realize stuff like that happens and there is nothing you can do about it, I wish that they had just told me that the photos had been lost when the system crashed. We have lodged a complaint with TN Dept of Consumer Affairs in the hopes of getting a refund on part of the cost of our package so we can contract a true PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER to stage some photos for us and hopefully salvage some memories of our special day. Call Little Valley Mountain Resort directly if you want to rent or schedule your wedding ceremony in their chapel. DO NOT DEAL WITH BLACK BEAR CABINS AND WEDDINGS!
Jentocute

Troutman, NC

#37 Aug 23, 2008
I have a complaint about Alpine chalet rentals. My family recently came back from vacation in Gatlinburg. We made reservations at Alpine a couple weeks prior to our stay and when we got there we really loved the home we thought it was a very nice home. Boy were we wrong! When i first walked on the porch i looked in the hot tub and it was cold and full of bugs NO COVER on it. Then we noticed that our socks and feet were black. I got to looking and they must have used a really dirty mop to clean the floor. My kids had a jacuzzi tub in there room and they wanted to take a bath so i was getting ready to put them in there and the dirt ring of who ever took a bath before us was still there. So i had to clean that. Then the next night me and my husband were going to get into our jacuzzi tub in our room and it had a dirt ring so i cleaned it. We filled it up to use it and tryed to turn the jets on and guess what it didn't work! We got there on Saturday and the trash from the people before us was still there on Tuesday. We had to pile our trash inside because of the bears. Also we could not use the remotes to the TVs because they were dead. I can go on and on about this company but i think i have said enough. Just BEWARE!! We complained three times to Alpines owner and she is also the owner of the home. We got no response. I will never recommend Alpine to anyone. We will be very pickey next time.
Sunlover

Sarasota, FL

#38 Aug 24, 2008
Has anyone used Cabins For You in Gatlinburg? I can't find reviews on cabin rental companies like I can on hotels and motels. I booked a chalet with them for October called Over the Top in Pigeon Forge. They said it was up in a mountain and had steep curvy roads. The pictures of the view looked nice I just hope the chalet is nice and not too hard to get to. They said it is 10 to 15 minutes to drive to gatlinburg. I have never been in this area so I don't know how the roads are.

Since: Aug 08

Richmond, KY

#39 Aug 25, 2008
Sunlover wrote:
Has anyone used Cabins For You in Gatlinburg? I can't find reviews on cabin rental companies like I can on hotels and motels. I booked a chalet with them for October called Over the Top in Pigeon Forge. They said it was up in a mountain and had steep curvy roads. The pictures of the view looked nice I just hope the chalet is nice and not too hard to get to. They said it is 10 to 15 minutes to drive to gatlinburg. I have never been in this area so I don't know how the roads are.
Have you booked a cabin yet? I don't know where you can find a cabin review website, but I can recommend a cabin rental place. Go to www.mountainchalets.com , we have rented from this place our 3rd year now and everytime we are greatly pleased. The cabins we have stayed at are 2 bedroom cabins named Birdland (is more like a house, but nicely furnished and nice location) and Moutain Majesty (more like a cabin) both are located very close to Gatlinburg. We usually park on Hwy 321 at the post office and take the trolley in so we don't have to worry about parking. This company greatly takes care of their cabins and we have no complaints and the pictures on the website are true to the cabins looks. I haven't stayed at all the cabins but we've had great luck in the ones we've staye in, plus they have offers for example you stay 7 nights for 6 night's price and you stay over 4 nights you get free horseback riding for everyone in your party and I greatly recommend going there too. The company is Smokey Mountain Riding Stables on Hwy 321. The staff there too, takes great care of their customers, good luck in booking your cabin...and God bless

“Southern by the grace of God”

Since: Jun 07

Southeast GA, USA!

#40 Aug 28, 2008
Sunlover wrote:
You might try TripAdvisor. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60842-i...
oooyougotserved

Nashville, TN

#41 Jul 7, 2009
Has anyone ever stayed with Fireside Chalets? We have booked our vacation there and I have seen some reviews on TripAdvisor and some are good, some are not. I was just wondering if anyone has ever stayed with them.
Windeec

Tinley Park, IL

#42 Aug 11, 2009
Fireside Cabins and Chalets, Pigeon Forge TN
My husband and I, and another married couple, reserved two cabins in January of 2009, for a mid-July stay. During the booking process, we continually told the reservationists that we were travelling on motorcycle and required paved roads and level parking for our bikes. We were continually reaffirmed that the cabins we reserved were motorcycle friendly/safe. To make a long story short, we should have been driven up to the cabins by management in a vehicle other than our motorcycles. We were given some handmade maps and directions, given the keys, after they had collected our rental fee(s). As a parting word, the reservationist also told us that if we were unhappy with the cabins/locations, they would re-locate us in other cabins. The cabins were up, Up, UP in the hills, on winding, narrowing, paved roads. The degree of the incline was almost perpendicular to the mountainscape. This was challenging for tourists in cars and treacherous for bikers. We immediately informed the office that we would require other lodging. Upon attempting to turn the bike around on the "flat surface" (which it was not) our bike went down. The office was notified. Their response? "Come down so we can set you up with something else". HELLO?! Our bike went down! We called for a tow, which entailed two trucks, one a lift, another a crane, to take our bike down. It was the kindness of strangers who drove the two women passengers down, while their husbands spent frustrating and neverous hours trying to remove themselves, and the remaining bike from this very dangerous situation. Bottom line, no one at the office even offered us a sip of water, or showed any concern nor consideration for us. We requested that the owner/manager come to the office. He was totally unsympathetic. When told that the rental company was responsible to its renters for full and total disclosure of the rental properties, including the terrain, he stated that the responsibility lay in the hands of the one holding the handle bars. But for the grace of God and the protection of the Guardian Angels, we could have died on that mountain side. Our bike's damage amount is over $3,000, we paid out of pocket for a rental car for the week, and money to the local Harley Davidson dealer to get our bike road ready for our return trip home at the end of the week. I am appalled at the lack of humanity shown to us, the total disregard for our health and well-being, and the blatant lies that the cabins' locations were biker friendly and safe. As a side note: just because a cabin lists all the amenities, it does not necessitate that they are all usable or accessible. Also, be aware that the renter will be charged a $20 fee for reserving a cabin, and $40 cleaning fee. One would assume that responsibililty lies with the rental office. Especially having to pay a so-called "process fee" for reserving one of the cabins?? Be careful who you rent from. In particular, avoid Fireside Chalet like the plague.
Loretta

Murfreesboro, TN

#43 Aug 12, 2009
The only cabin rental place we've had experience with was Ted Jordan in Wears Valley. They were awful! Ted came out of the office when he heard us complaining about not having water and he laughed at us.

We'll never come back to this area. Trash everywhere and nothing but crappy t shirt shops and Christian hypocrites!

Avoid anything to do with Pigeon Forge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pigeon Forge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anal obsession (Oct '14) 1 hr trucker pete 35
Shannon Hercutt (May '14) 1 hr Grammar Police 85
Jeff co wrecks fb page 10 hr Wow 20
New Market 16 hr In The KNOW 18
Where are bisexual females around here? 22 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 10
Good record stores in pigeon forge/ gatlinburg Sun stand out 3
easy women of joy May 18 Rita 7

Pigeon Forge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance