Frost Ridge, complying with court order, announces change of venue for June 7 show

May 31, 2014 Full story: The Batavian 7

As you may know, a preliminary injunction has been issued against amplified outdoor concerts at Frost Ridge at this time.

Full Story
Happy Camper

Rochester, NY

#1 Jun 3, 2014
This law suit is ridiculous. When it's all over I hope the owners of Frost Ridge can sue the Town of Leroy for everything they can get. One article said if they win they could sue for upwards of two hundred thousand dollars. I hope they do and win

" If the town loses the suit, Frost Ridge could request Noonan to order the town to pay $225,536 in damages".

"Roach accuses the town of merely perpetuating a political agenda driven by the Cleeres.

"We are aware that one married couple, David and Marny Cleere, just last year expressed their displeasure for the first time with the ongoing 50-plus year tradition of live music at Frost Ridge," Roach wrote.

He continues, "they in fact demand the town 'abate the violations of the Town Code,' in what seems like a frontal assault on Frost Ridge's very existance. If not entirely arbitrary and capricious, the town's intended action against Frost Ridge may be construed as furthering the Cleere's personal agenda, which has absolutely no legitimate bearing on Frost Ridge's compliance with the Zoning Code.""
sunshine

Penfield, NY

#2 Jun 3, 2014
I am curious if all of the concerts are moved for the summer. Is there a refund that we can get if we do not wish to go off grounds to a concert and camp. I purposely buy the weekend pass so I can sit in my site and enjoy music and buy my own beer. Other wise why would I spend so much money on a ticket it. Can we bring beer with us to the fire hall? Does anyone know this.
Leroy Res

Rochester, NY

#3 Jun 3, 2014
I would like to know if the complainers are the people who run the apple orchard, cider and Christmas tree sales?
Jerry Jordan

Middleburgh, NY

#4 Jun 9, 2014
Wait a minute is this the same campgrounds that had the Leroy fire dept come down to the campgrounds for the kids? also a boot collection for the fire dept?.I also with many from the campgrounds spend a lot of money in Leroy. The security is so great at the concerts,there is very seldom a major problem,and never a police issue.The owners Dave and Greg go all out to make it a safe and enjoyable time to be enjoyed by the young and the old.
IQ Problem

Rochester, NY

#5 Jun 9, 2014
I think the town of Leroy leadership has an IQ prolem
sunshine

Penfield, NY

#6 Jun 25, 2014
Same site and yes you are correct it is not a concern accept to the one neigbor who is jealous of the money they are now making....really
sunshine

Penfield, NY

#7 Jun 28, 2014
Every time I go to Frostridge Campground I am treated so kindly like I was staying at a five star hotel. I actually had the pleasure of going recently and again had an awesome time. I am very pleased that the campground is upstanding and their word is everything, you dont find that a lot today. we all had a good time and look forward to going back. THANK YOU FROSTRIDGE FOR STANDING STRONG AND STILL BEING FAIR AND COURTEOUS. WHOOT WHOOT GOOD TIME

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piffard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 8 hr Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 6,389
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Sam 757
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 15 hr No one 440
Family court (Dec '11) Sep 10 dlh429 32
•••
•••
•••

Piffard Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Piffard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Piffard News, Events & Info