A Mount Morris Police Sergeant injure...

A Mount Morris Police Sergeant injured Geneseo crash

There are 49 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Oct 24, 2009, titled A Mount Morris Police Sergeant injured Geneseo crash. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A Mount Morris Police Officer is in the hospital tonight after a serious car crash in Geneseo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

sick of it

Albany, NY

#25 Oct 26, 2009
The O'Dells of MM also think they are above the law. I wouldn't doubt if the driver was drunk, the spoiled brat that he is.
wow

Rochester, NY

#26 Oct 26, 2009
I cannot believe some of the things I just read. It should not matter who these guys are, it should not matter what they do, it should not matter if you like them or not. The fact is there are two men seriously hurt. There are two families in pain and scared out of their minds. There are many friends worrying. I'm sure there will be an investigation, as there usually is with a car accident. But right now people are caring about them.. let the answers be found later. Let people be there for their son, brother, friend.. whoever these men are to them. I can't believe that some of you care so little about others that you would go on the internet and bash people. I do know one of these men and their family very well. Really if you are so bored with life that u need to bash others.. don't do it on the internet, and have some respect to do it NOT under such circumstances. Clearly some of you were not raised to respect others. I am discusted, I have never read such rude comments. I serioulsy hope should anything ever happen to you.. your friends and family don't have to come across awful words like these about you.
MY thoughts and prayers go out to both men and their families.
Previous DWI Victim

Assonet, MA

#27 Oct 26, 2009
Why should we have "police officers" telling us not to drink or do drugs when they don't practice what they preach?
wow

Rochester, NY

#28 Oct 26, 2009
That is a totally different subject. We are each entitled to live our own lives. People live many different ways. Right or wrong, that is a different subject at this point. And I am not saying your statement is incorrect… for some, but right now this is an awful accident with bad injuries. People shouldn’t be so quickly boiling it down to alcohol, cops, rights, wrongs. Everyone assumes something and everyone’s assumptions are different. The fact is... NO ONE has any facts. So at this point it shouldn’t be the topic of conversation.
Anonymous

United States

#29 Oct 26, 2009
I feel awful for their families, but alcohol was a factor in the accident, and so was speed; they are lucky to be alive. Also, the D&C misreported the time of the accident; they said 11pm, but the call went out around 3:30am Saturday morning.
familymember

Fairport, NY

#30 Oct 26, 2009
To Anonymous: Were you there? Were you part of the investigation? If so...give us more info. If not, then keep your speculations to yourself.
To Previous DWI victim: Police Officers are people too, they preach not to drink and drive as it is their job. Doesnt mean they cant have a beer. Same reason lawyers defend people who they know are guilty...its their job!! Is it possible you got your DWI in Mt. Morris??? And let me guess, it was the very first time you ever drove after you drank.
To Sick of it: We all know that only spoiled brats drive drunk...are you serious??
Its just amazing what people will actually say, hopefully none of you will ever have to experience such a devastating situation. Whether it be you or a family member or a good friend. How about wishing the two men get well and have a speedy recovery. Is it any wonder the world is the way it is.
Kenny... I love you very much, hope to see you home again soon. To Matt, I dont know you, but I wish you the best and a healthy recovery period.
MM RES

Santa Barbara, CA

#31 Oct 26, 2009
Ken Mignemi and Matt O'dell are both great guys that would do anything for anyone! This whole situation is heartbreaking so please pray for them both. Also forgive these heartless people that have nothing better to do than make assumptions and spread nasty gossip. Shame on you people!!
Commander MMNY

Pittsford, NY

#32 Oct 26, 2009
Our prayers and thoughts go out to all the families and friends of these two individuals.
whatever

Rochester, NY

#33 Oct 26, 2009
So a MMPD police officer was in a car accident. So now you can all call for a MAJOR investigation. Give me a break! Have any of you ever seen a Mt. Morris police officer? They look like Barney Fife and some look like they are a week out of high school. So give this poor guy a break.
anan

Rochester, NY

#34 Oct 27, 2009
he was going 55 wasn't speeding and nysucks you don't know anything about mignemi and he has never been suspended trust me i should know
wow

Rochester, NY

#35 Oct 27, 2009
I am just so glad to see more supportive people commenting!! I couldn't believe some of the things I read yesterday morning. I am glad there are still caring people who will stick up for others. I dont usually write on these, but i couldn't help it, I couldn't believe the disrespect people will post on the internet.
My thoughts and prayers are still with both families and friends.
People really problems

Rochester, NY

#36 Oct 27, 2009
"NYSSUCKS" do you like brazilian bikini waxes???
Get better soon Kenny!!!!!

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#37 Oct 27, 2009
nyssucks wrote:
who cares who was driving, i know alcohol was involved and they were coming back from a night out in rochester. you would think that the cop would know better, but they thought they are above the law. they were drinking that afternoon.
Did he drag you out of a storefront and bring you home by the collar white Tyquan? state the facts if you've got 'em, or shut up.
iris cora

Nunda, NY

#38 Oct 28, 2009
well i am with the family hope they recover soon make all prayers to make them heel
Friend of the family

Lima, NY

#39 Oct 28, 2009
nyssucks wrote:
friend of the family, and concerned citizen you live away from mt morris, you have no clue, this is a guy thats a waste of tax payers money, when it comes out youll see!@
Actually I DONT live away from mt morris thank you!!! I am actually only 7 miles from there. when you dont sign up to post, the default town is rochester. So shut your mouth and dont go jumping to conclusions. I grew up with Matt and his 2 brothers. mainly his younger brother but that doesnt matter!!! I KNOW the family! They are like family to me! yes people make mistakes, so what?! We're all human! No one is perfect! Ill see what by the way? MANY MANY MANY things in this world are a waste of taxpayers money...but we are all human and it is a shame that some people just are not compassionate enough to have a heart. and by the way, how do you know that they were/were not drinking...did you ever answer that you were with them? apparently not...just because two young men got into a crash late at night does not mean they were drinking. It could have been that he was not drinking and was just tired. People need to stop jumping to conclusions. My thoughts and prayers are still with both families. and it doesnt matter how the accident happened, just that they are doing well now!!!!
bill

Williamsburg, VA

#40 Oct 28, 2009
the police officer was the passenger in the vehicle involved in the crash,i know both men personally,i grew up with them
Wow

Rochester, NY

#41 Oct 29, 2009
If you knew what you were commenting about, you wouldn't have commented that the "off duty officer" was driving...he was the passenger...Just an fyi...You must be really bored!
Wow2

Rochester, NY

#42 Oct 29, 2009
NJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
HE WAS NOT THE DRIVER SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER!!!!!!!NOTHING TO COVER UP ON HIS BEHALF READ THE ARTICLE INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING SOUNDS LIKE A CRIMINAL WITH AN AXE TO GRIND
You nailed it!!!
Friend of the family

Lima, NY

#43 Oct 30, 2009
Im so happy to hear, and I thought everyone should know if they dont already, Kenny may be coming home today!!!! YAY!!!! and Matt is doing well. he is in good spirits which is awesome!!!! I think its safe to assume that the families and friends thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers!!!! There is still some healing to be done, but thank God they are alright!!! Woohoo!!!!!
Amy

Batavia, NY

#44 Mar 29, 2010
nyssucks wrote:
his girlfriend visits a well known drug house quite often, but the mmpd doesnt care-what a joke this village is!
I know who you are referring to about the drug house & you are dead ass wrong!!! The so called drug dealers you are referring to have never done a damn thing to you!! if you want to hate on Kenny go right a head but he was not & had not been w her in months when the accident happened,So let me ask you what she has to do w what Kenny & Matt did wrong? yeah Kenny was damn wrong,He should know better then to let matt drive or even be in the vehicle w some one under the influence of alcohol,But he has to live w the choice he made for the rest of his life. And honestly you come off like a mean hateful person who has made some bad choices in your life,just remember the bible says you reap what you sow!! So for your sake you should just kept your mouth shut cause & watch wear your pointing your finger before it turns around & is pointing back at you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piffard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Building Contractor Guilty of Fraud (Sep '09) Jan 5 Priss 14
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Dec 23 Good fella 32
News Law and Order: Former resident of Le Roy and Pa... Oct '16 greyso 1
News Charity benefit for Mike Walker of Le Roy start... Sep '16 6grandman 1
Family court (Dec '11) Jun '16 nikki t 47
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Mar '11 geo 11
Heather Castrechino (Jan '11) Jan '11 Looking for 1

Piffard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Piffard Mortgages