Did someone steal your sweetie? You c...

Did someone steal your sweetie? You can still sue in South Dakota

There are 13 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 31, 2011, titled Did someone steal your sweetie? You can still sue in South Dakota. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A legislative panel has decided to keep a South Dakota law that allows people to seek damages from those who have allegedly stolen their spouses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.


Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 31, 2011
When your sweetie dies from cancer, can you sue God?
Sioux Falls Sue

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 31, 2011
What's the point of a lawsuit if you can't get revenge and money?
Mark Winshel

Concord, CA

#3 Jan 31, 2011
I wish someone would go around and steal most of the local politicians. In fact if somebody wants to come to my metropolitan area and steal most of the local politicians, I promise not to call 911 to report the theft and huge "loss."

And if after stealing them and putting them in your car, you then break federal law by crossing state lines while you have them in your car, I promise not to call the FBI to report the huge "loss."

In fact when it comes to theft, usually the difference between a crime being classified as a felony or only as a misdemeanor is the value of the item stolen. So since most of the local politicians are worth no more than one tenth of a penny, stealing one of them would only rate as a misdemeanor at the most and in fact probably only as a minor infraction.

Boise, ID

#4 Jan 31, 2011
Wish someone would have "stolen" her. It would have been a damn sight cheaper.

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 31, 2011
Isn't divorce court where revenge takes place?
Henny Youngman

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jan 31, 2011
Take my wife - please!

Bellingham, MN

#7 Jan 31, 2011
Please someone steal my sweetie...... I have my eye on someone elses.

It's a viscous dang circle.

I may even miss her for a sec. NAHHHH Who am I kiddin

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 31, 2011
Can they sue you back when they discover that your ex-spouse is a huge pain in the backside?

Andover, MN

#9 Jan 31, 2011

Before you sue God, you should consider suing your dead spouse for their unhealthy lifestyle first. Next, you can sue her parents for the bad genes.

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jan 31, 2011
I'd like to see the law go farther and give children the right to go after women or men that break up their homes. In the case of Tiger Woods, it's be better if his children could sue and recover the money he paid to his slimy tarts.

Marion, IA

#11 Feb 13, 2011
When you get the crap choked out of you to near death like the Volga City Administrator did to his wife why can't she sue him?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#12 Apr 28, 2011
annalise gettin sued?

Sioux Falls, SD

#13 Jun 5, 2013
Well don't worry about the Pierre PD helping. They have a married officer dating a married women. Nothing will be done to him, but a few years ago a female officer that was married was caught cheating and fired on the spot. What a world still.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pierre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in South Dako... (Oct '10) Feb '18 Luella Mendoza 20
News Wayward shot costs Esko hunter vision in one eye (Nov '10) Mar '17 Over under 5
News Polygamous sect leader says he's not guilty of ... (Dec '16) Feb '17 MeSo 3
News Former Gillette man to change plea in trooper s... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Concerned citizen 1
South Dakota Political Corruption (Feb '17) Feb '17 Stop them 1
Dr Richard Opper, Montana DPHHS dir., can't und... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Don Birkholz 1
moveing 2 perrie (Jul '10) Aug '16 Samj 3

Pierre Jobs

Personal Finance

Pierre Mortgages