giant duck back in star lake?

giant duck back in star lake?

Posted in the Piercefield Forum

TheJohny

Star Lake, NY

#1 May 9, 2015
Anyone seen Starry the socalled giant duck that haunts star lake? i was out most of the afternoon but didn't see it but i thought i heard a low quacking in the distance a few times. normally i wouldnt go in for these urban legends but when a former science teacher who lives on star lake has documented it so well then i sit up and pay attention. i would keep your dogs and cats in the house if i lived on the lake too. theres no telling what a giant duck will do.
CFCS BALLHAWG

Rome, NY

#2 May 9, 2015
TheJohny wrote:
Anyone seen Starry the socalled giant duck that haunts star lake? i was out most of the afternoon but didn't see it but i thought i heard a low quacking in the distance a few times. normally i wouldnt go in for these urban legends but when a former science teacher who lives on star lake has documented it so well then i sit up and pay attention. i would keep your dogs and cats in the house if i lived on the lake too. theres no telling what a giant duck will do.
Hello, when I lived in Regina I was told of a giant dog that roamed in the snow and it ate fish. When it was there Regina people said it didn't bark but instead it let out low quacks that sound like Starry the giant duck. I wonder if it's a giant snow dog instead of a giant duck. Snow dogs are real. There's is no such a thing as a duck anymore they're are EXSTINK!
Sonya

Star Lake, NY

#3 May 9, 2015
I believe it could be true. Something is certainly stange in the waters over there! I have seen the artist's rendition of the duck and one night last summer after my honnie was fishing he said that across the water he saw an outline that did look like a big duck coming at him. It was dark so he couldn't see very well and anyway he knew enough to get the heck out of there LOL! By the way, Starry is a stupid name and I've always heard him refered to as Duckie.
LDG

Rome, NY

#4 May 9, 2015
TheJohny wrote:
You have no proof, Johny. I know who you are. theres no ducks anywhere near star lake it's too polluted. there's never been a giant ANYTHING in star lake. Keep dreaming. YOU DREAM LIES. There is no giant duck I proved it once. I didn't find any evidence. Where is it's nest? There aren't any duck trees (trees for ducks to nest in) in star lake. I think youre hearing things that arent there. You must be the one who tries to scare the golfers with your quack quack quack. WE HEAR YOU. We dont see you yet but we will see you there quackin soon. We will get a dog to find you in the woods by the pond on the golf course. You mess up our shots.
LDG

Rome, NY

#5 May 9, 2015
Sonya wrote:
I believe it could be true. Something is certainly stange in the waters over there! I have seen the artist's rendition of the duck and one night last summer after my honnie was fishing he said that across the water he saw an outline that did look like a big duck coming at him. It was dark so he couldn't see very well and anyway he knew enough to get the heck out of there LOL! By the way, Starry is a stupid name and I've always heard him refered to as Duckie.
No it's Starry. I heard it when the man was talking about it. it was a shady conversation. It's all lies. It's the guy on the golf course. he sits in the woods and quacks. then he flaps and you hear it. BUT DUCKS DONT FLY! They are covered in oil. Its like fish oild but it's duck oil so they cant flap. There are no duck trees (trees for ducks to nest in) so where does this duck stay? IT stays by the golf course messing up shots. it's johny too.
GrandaughtersFav Grandma

Star Lake, NY

#6 May 9, 2015
I think everyone needs to calm down. There is no such thing as a duck tree that I know of. On the other hand I have heard about Starry before (not Duckie, LMAO!) and I do think there is some truth to the rumors. It maybe a prehistoric animal that has chosen our beautiful lake to nest in, and if so we should treat this gentle creature with the respect and compassion that it deserves and welcome it with open arms and kindness. We need to show Starry that we are sensible beings who can live side by side with him (or her!) in harmony. What we DON'T need is a bunch of drunk golfers hunting it down with torches and pitchforks because they're more concerned about missing their shots than with the life and survival of God's greatest creation. I beleive we are ALL children of God, even ducks. How would you like it if someone hunted down your child just because he was quacking too loud? What I'm afraid of is that some dumb survivalist type is going to go out looking for a big trophy for his mancave, when really it reminds me of the Michael Brown situation where another gentle giant was shot down in cold blood. I believe those of us with brains and a liberal heart should befriend Starry and if need be we can form a human shield around him (or her!) to protect our big dyno-duck from those who seek to slaughter or exploit this big beautiful bird. Why our local church leaders have not sought him out yet, I couldn't tell you. If they're looking for a MIRACLE, it's right there under their noses. Has anyone called the Ranger School about this?
LDG

Rome, NY

#7 May 9, 2015
GrandaughtersFavGrandma wrote:
I think everyone needs to calm down. There is no such thing as a duck tree that I know of. On the other hand I have heard about Starry before (not Duckie, LMAO!) and I do think there is some truth to the rumors. It maybe a prehistoric animal that has chosen our beautiful lake to nest in, and if so we should treat this gentle creature with the respect and compassion that it deserves and welcome it with open arms and kindness. We need to show Starry that we are sensible beings who can live side by side with him (or her!) in harmony. What we DON'T need is a bunch of drunk golfers hunting it down with torches and pitchforks because they're more concerned about missing their shots than with the life and survival of God's greatest creation. I beleive we are ALL children of God, even ducks. How would you like it if someone hunted down your child just because he was quacking too loud? What I'm afraid of is that some dumb survivalist type is going to go out looking for a big trophy for his mancave, when really it reminds me of the Michael Brown situation where another gentle giant was shot down in cold blood. I believe those of us with brains and a liberal heart should befriend Starry and if need be we can form a human shield around him (or her!) to protect our big dyno-duck from those who seek to slaughter or exploit this big beautiful bird. Why our local church leaders have not sought him out yet, I couldn't tell you. If they're looking for a MIRACLE, it's right there under their noses. Has anyone called the Ranger School about this?
There are duck trees I dont know the science name but my pop-pop called them duck trees. Theyre are real and I seen them but not near star lake. How could a animal from dinosaur times still be living and why would it chose the dumpy star lake as its new home (nest)? haha I will laugh at you because you are begin a fool like johny. BTW when we golf we only have few beers until we are done finished up and at the bar we have more. you think you are so better? your drunk on GOD! Truth hurts dont it GRANDMA! Go ahead and call the rangers school they will laugh at you like we are all doing here. How can this town be any more stupider? OH I KNOW by believing in a giant duck HAHAHA.
CFCS BALLHAWG

Rome, NY

#8 May 9, 2015
GrandaughtersFavGrandma wrote:
Look it's not a prehistory duck. it is just a large duck. You are a preacher? practice what you preach or put your real name on here. You bump your bible and talk smack but you are just in on the conspiracy like johny. youre with him. who cares about a big duck? It weighs like 7 pounds maybe less. It's not as big as a horse or a car. you believe everything youre told like you do with the bible.
Prof Theo

Star Lake, NY

#9 May 9, 2015
There is a fine line between science and religion, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that Starry (as I call him) is 100% pure science, and my colleagues at Clarkson University would emphatically agree.

Did you folks ever consider that maybe the reason why those in the know were trying to keep this under wraps was because we didn't want to risk out-of-control public chaos? We need to make sure we have 100% of the facts and can present a clear case to the people of Star Lake, before slowly turning their world upside-down and revealing the surprising truth of just what is living in our lake. But now it seems that the cat is out of the bag-- or rather the duck is out of the duckberg.

At the moment I can tell you that an in-depth, peer-reviewed research paper is in the works for the next issue of a prestigious academic science journal. This is the product of over five years of careful study, during the course of which dozens of the world's top zoologists have visited our tiny town (without you knowing it!) to observe Starry in person. He is indeed a formidable but fine feathered friend.

I think I have said MORE than enough for now, but as for the sheer SIZE of this majestic creature... well... I'm not sure EXACTLY how much Starry weighs, but when you're holding a discarded duckfeather in your hards and it's longer than the span of your arms... you tell me how much you THINK such a bird would weigh. Perhaps that would be a good guessing game for the Firemen's Field Days this year!
TheJohnny

Star Lake, NY

#10 May 9, 2015
CFBallHawg, your posts have taken a very angry tone that i dont like or respect much at all. i asked a simple question and instead i get a bunch of runaround and gossip from everyone on here except prof theodore. but maybe instead of tooting his own horn he can actualy tell us something useful like whether its ok to let our dogs and cats out at night with this giant duck thing going around. and grandma, i dont care about your bible b.s. but i'm more inclined to think that this thing would definitely be more of a monster, not some 'miracle' for us to bow down to and worship. as a proud NRA member for our own safety i dont care how big it is i think we should kill it
Prof Theo

Star Lake, NY

#11 May 9, 2015
Dear Johnny,

For the interests of privacy, I should be clear in saying that Theo may well be my last name. You can just call me Prof!

For my part, I respect everyone's religion. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus... and maybe even a few giant duck worshipers before the day is through!

That gives me an idea for my next toga party...
Hoggin

Whitney Point, NY

#12 Dec 3, 2015
Prof Theo wrote:
Dear Johnny,
For the interests of privacy, I should be clear in saying that Theo may well be my last name. You can just call me Prof!
For my part, I respect everyone's religion. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus... and maybe even a few giant duck worshipers before the day is through!
That gives me an idea for my next toga party...
It's almost winter canoe season. Lets just see if this ducks a real or not. Maybe its a feathered boat on the lake? Funny kids. Build a canoe and live forever until
Mountain Momma

Star Lake, NY

#13 Dec 21, 2015
LDG wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof, Johny. I know who you are. theres no ducks anywhere near star lake it's too polluted. there's never been a giant ANYTHING in star lake. Keep dreaming. YOU DREAM LIES. There is no giant duck I proved it once. I didn't find any evidence. Where is it's nest? There aren't any duck trees (trees for ducks to nest in) in star lake. I think youre hearing things that arent there. You must be the one who tries to scare the golfers with your quack quack quack. WE HEAR YOU. We dont see you yet but we will see you there quackin soon. We will get a dog to find you in the woods by the pond on the golf course. You mess up our shots.
There are no duck trees because ducks do not make their nests in trees! They make them on land near water typically. Also Star Lake is not as polluted as the river and the ducks and loons swim, fish and nest on it all the time! Please, take your pamphlet on how to hunt for ducks and line one of their nests with it!
Hoggin

Malone, NY

#14 Nov 7, 2017
Mountain Momma wrote:
<quoted text>

There are no duck trees because ducks do not make their nests in trees! They make them on land near water typically. Also Star Lake is not as polluted as the river and the ducks and loons swim, fish and nest on it all the time! Please, take your pamphlet on how to hunt for ducks and line one of their nests with it!
The only way to make pollution clean is by feeling the mystic link between human and an-EE-mel and vege-univ-spirit tears...on a canoe...on star lake...in winter. Let the waters SPEAK or they will die in silence!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piercefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat St.John (Mar '11) Thu EWWW 30
Amy Blackburn/Robles Thu Random 2
Is it possible? Aug 11 Starlake 4
Star Lake Nice & Easy/Sleezy! (Jul '13) Jul 28 Marion Provost 34
Mike the sparrow Jul 24 Redrum 9
sunmount spermbank Jul 24 Backhouse 3
News Franklin County sheriff to face challenger on E... Jul 22 Go Barney 2

Piercefield Jobs

Personal Finance

Piercefield Mortgages