Missouri High School Football - Pierce City trounces Sarcoxie

Full story: MaxPreps

Pierce City Eagles fans were pleased Friday as they witnessed their football team trounce the host Sarcoxie Bears , 25-0 in a league game.
Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymous

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2006

As devout fans of the Pierce City Football team my fellow classmates and I found it appalling that Sarcoxie High School would hypocritically preach of sportsmanship after stealing the eagle that set a top Don Keighbough stadium in Pierce City just two months earlier.
anonymous

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2006

Sarcoxie must be out of their minds!
anonymous

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2006

Miller wins their homecoming against Sarcoxie 21-12. Miller is now 3-3.Next we have Jasper.
Anonymous

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2006

We do not know that the Sarcoxie Bears did that. Plus Pierce City did quite a number on the Sarcoxie field with distruction to the field and stands so they arn't much better. They did play a good game though.
anonymous wrote:
As devout fans of the Pierce City Football team my fellow classmates and I found it appalling that Sarcoxie High School would hypocritically preach of sportsmanship after stealing the eagle that set a top Don Keighbough stadium in Pierce City just two months earlier.
Elwood Blues

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2006

Thank God there is some rivalry left between the Pierce City Eagles and the Sarcoxie Bears. I let chickens that we had spray painted green go on the field during Sarcoxie home games against Pierce City. I was involved in dropping a rubber chicken from the rafters of the gym during a basketball game. We used to "sing" them out of the locker room when they lost. If you only knew some of the stuff these two towns have done to one another you'd roll over in your grave. Good on the kids for keeping it real! It beats shooting one another, shooting up and going to prison. You got too many derelict retards in SW MO as it is. Gotta keep the small town spirit somehow. Lest the small town disappear.
Anonymous wrote:
We do not know that the Sarcoxie Bears did that. Plus Pierce City did quite a number on the Sarcoxie field with distruction to the field and stands so they arn't much better. They did play a good game though.<quoted text>
nashole

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2007

i remeber back in the good ole' days, we used to stomp a mud hole in the eagles, 2000 i broke the quarter backs collar bone. Class of 2001!!
MARRY INGRAM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

Judged:

PIERCE CITY HAS NO ROOM TO TALK ABOUT ANYONE AS A PARENT OF STUDENTS AT PIERCE CITY THEY SUCK THEY DO NOT EDUCATE THEIR SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS CORRECTLE THEY GIVE THEM ONE HOUR A DAY ANDDO NOT CARE ENOUGH ABOUT THEM TO LEARN ABOUT THEIR HANDICAP AT LEAST SARCOXIE TRIES TO EDUCATE AND TEACH THEIR STUDENTS ABOUT THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHILDREN MY CHILDREN LOVE ATTENDING SARCOXIE DURING THE SUMMER AND HATE PIERCE CITY ALL TOGETHER BOTTOM LINE IS WE NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH CHILDREN LEARN BY EXAMPLE
Blankman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

Judged:

MARRY INGRAM wrote:
PIERCE CITY HAS NO ROOM TO TALK ABOUT ANYONE AS A PARENT OF STUDENTS AT PIERCE CITY THEY SUCK THEY DO NOT EDUCATE THEIR SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS CORRECTLE THEY GIVE THEM ONE HOUR A DAY ANDDO NOT CARE ENOUGH ABOUT THEM TO LEARN ABOUT THEIR HANDICAP AT LEAST SARCOXIE TRIES TO EDUCATE AND TEACH THEIR STUDENTS ABOUT THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHILDREN MY CHILDREN LOVE ATTENDING SARCOXIE DURING THE SUMMER AND HATE PIERCE CITY ALL TOGETHER BOTTOM LINE IS WE NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH CHILDREN LEARN BY EXAMPLE
Parents who can't use proper puncuation probably shouldn't be talking about the quality of the teachers at a school. After all, we should "practice what we preach," right?
yup

Monmouth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

nashole wrote:
i remeber back in the good ole' days, we used to stomp a mud hole in the eagles, 2000 i broke the quarter backs collar bone. Class of 2001!!
yeah but we still won that game...and it was the fall of 1999, not 2000.
LOL

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

everyone one here is dumb pierce city is the best football and school around
tommy thornburg

Lebanon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

my brother anthony thornburg is going to be the best back sarcoxie next year he had to move t sarcoxie cause of family problems and here we are about to stir up the team a little with a class4a all-district defensive player who will bring offense to this bear team!
Bryan

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

As a former Student, I Personally am Sick and tired of Pierce City being so hypercritical!! They do just as much stupid things that Sarcoxie dose They actually went to the field and tore it up before we ever took your precious little eagle.
john doe

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Pierce city needs to suck it up its a rival, its not like there killing eachother.
john doe

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Lets just say the person who took the eagle can sleep better at night and trust me i sleep pretty good.
Bear Hunter

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Speaking of stomping a mudhole in the Sarcoxie Bears (should be cubs), I graduated from PC in 1982 and Sarcoxie never beat us at anything. They always talked trash but never measured up. The more things change...the more they stay the same.
Bear Hunter

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Sarcoxie has never been worth squat at anything other than girls volleyball! There boys teams suck at everything and have never challenged any decent teams that I can remember. Back in 1981 Sarcoxie had a few athletic guys (Mike Heeman and Randy Craig,)but these 2 guys could not carry a team of below-average players. I can recall many great Pierce City football teams winning many conference championships. How many conference champions has Sarcoxie won??....I didn't think so. In 1997, PC had the best class AA football team in the state. A few turnovers at crutial points cost them a state championship. Though PC had the best FB team, Marionville played in the state championship game instead. When has Sarcoxie ever gotten that far??....I didn't think so!! I also remember beating the tar out of a few Sarcoxie guys back in the day.....Oh, those were the days!!!
Bear basher

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah, those Sarcoxie bears do suck! They should stick to volleyball!!
BEEN THERE

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Hey Marry Ingram my son goes to Pierce city so shut the hell up. The excellent attention he receives is why we chose to send him there since we are not in that district.
Class of 09

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Judged:

What it all comes down to is the fact that Sarcoxie should shut the f**k up and learn how to play football.
Blankman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Class of 09 wrote:
What it all comes down to is the fact that Sarcoxie should shut the f**k up and learn how to play football.
And if you're still in school, which your username indicates, it's apparent Pierce City needs to teach kids something about sportsmanship and when it's better to just keep your mouth closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pierce City Discussions

Search the Pierce City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 48 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,777
RAMEY owner, judge Aaron Jones sued- informatio... Jul 26 Sward 1
Immigration change felt in Monett (Jun '12) Jul 26 Monettan in Exile 2
blacks in pierce city (Dec '10) Jul 26 Monettan in Exile 8
Henry Clapper / Don Trotter - Monett Attorney's (Jun '10) Jul 26 Monettan in Exile 9
Rural firefighters take pass on battling flames... (Feb '06) Jul 26 Monettan in Exile 20
You all will burn in hell Jul 26 Monettan in Exile 3
•••
•••

Pierce City News Video

•••
•••

Pierce City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pierce City People Search