Toddler Killed By Car Apparently Got ...

Toddler Killed By Car Apparently Got Out of House While Sibling Did Chores

There are 24 comments on the KIXQ-FM Joplin story from Apr 10, 2012, titled Toddler Killed By Car Apparently Got Out of House While Sibling Did Chores. In it, KIXQ-FM Joplin reports that:

Barry County investigators are still piecing together how a 22-month-old toddler ended up being hit by a car on highway 60 last weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIXQ-FM Joplin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
aur56

Monett, MO

#1 Apr 10, 2012
I can only assume that they are dealing with the parents on this terrible thing. I don't even know how a child that age (22 months) gets out of the house unnoticed, no matter what time it is. My kids never could have gotten outside without one of us seeing them. Unbelievable.
AuroraMommy

Springfield, MO

#2 Apr 11, 2012
I think this family learned their lesson the hard way and I am sure the are already sick over the situation. I don't think the parents intended for this to happen and I don't think it is right to file further charges. This family had a tragic consequence and I am sure they would trade that day for anything if they could do over.
smith

Monett, MO

#3 Apr 12, 2012
aur56 wrote:
I can only assume that they are dealing with the parents on this terrible thing. I don't even know how a child that age (22 months) gets out of the house unnoticed, no matter what time it is. My kids never could have gotten outside without one of us seeing them. Unbelievable.
to aur56, you are always the pure voice of reason arent you? Mabe you should be a foster parent and take care of every bad parents children. Or you could call social services on bad parents every time you see their kids in public with messy hair or grass stains on their clothes. All people should bask in your intellect and uncanny ability to discern right from wrong. It's true the world would be a horrible boring place without people like you to poke fun at.
aur56

Monett, MO

#4 Apr 12, 2012
I have no doubt that this family is sorry, but, that won't bring this child back. Whether they file charges or not doesn't change the fact that someone wasn't watching this child.I know they never intended for this to happen, it is tragic, and yet none of us gets do overs.We all make mistakes, hopefully none as huge as this.I feel bad for everyone involved.
aur56

Monett, MO

#5 Apr 12, 2012
smith wrote:
<quoted text>
to aur56, you are always the pure voice of reason arent you? Mabe you should be a foster parent and take care of every bad parents children. Or you could call social services on bad parents every time you see their kids in public with messy hair or grass stains on their clothes. All people should bask in your intellect and uncanny ability to discern right from wrong. It's true the world would be a horrible boring place without people like you to poke fun at.
I've been a fosterparent and am an adoptive parent.Com mon sense is all this about. Anyone can achieve this.My intellect is only average at best.I don't care if kids are messy,all kids get dirty,mine certainly did.That's why they get a bath every day.I would never poke fun at such a terrible situation.
smith

Monett, MO

#6 Apr 12, 2012
aur56 wrote:
<quoted text> I've been a fosterparent and am an adoptive parent.Com mon sense is all this about. Anyone can achieve this.My intellect is only average at best.I don't care if kids are messy,all kids get dirty,mine certainly did.That's why they get a bath every day.I would never poke fun at such a terrible situation.
The situation isnt funny at all. I was poking fun at you. Since you arent a part of the situation are you? You support Obama, right? Is he not pro choice? What about abortion? I sensed you had the mentallity of a foster parent purely on the basis of your writing. Be carefull to judge unless you would like the same done to you. That was my point.
aur56

Monett, MO

#7 Apr 12, 2012
I have judged no one, an opinion is all I offered up.You are judging foster parents, adoptive parents. You are also not part of this situation.
smith

Monett, MO

#8 Apr 12, 2012
aur56 wrote:
I have judged no one, an opinion is all I offered up.You are judging foster parents, adoptive parents. You are also not part of this situation.
You are not very good at holding up an argument no? My focus is on your mental state not the situation. Explain how I have judged foster parents? I know good people who are foster/adoptive parents and they are great people. I also have family that I love that are foster parents and they are some of the worst hypocrites of them all. It seems you are in denial and you are trying to defend your brused ego more than you are trying to defend any opinion. You fail to adress anything I have ask or said. The world needs more senseless bleeding hearts like you. Stay caught up on this case and see where it gets you? Nowhere. The situation has no affect over your future.
aur56

Monett, MO

#9 Apr 12, 2012
Nothing you've said makes any sense. As of now, I'm done with this gibberish conservation. Bye
smith

Monett, MO

#10 Apr 12, 2012
well it's fairly easy to say it's unbelievable and it never would have happened to you if it has not happend to you. So what's your point? You try to turn it around on me saying im making light of the ordeal? When your putting yourself upon your high horse saying you could have never let that happen. So what? No one even knows who you are. I watch on the news and see all these cases being tried in a court of public opinion and exploited all over the news so when there is finally a court hearing you cannot hardly find a jury member without prejudice. Let the investigators and the courts figure it out. That's why you vote and pay taxes. Make sense?
smith

Monett, MO

#11 Apr 12, 2012
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Is that such a hard concept to wrap your thick skull around? The root word for prejudice would be Pre-judge or pre-judgement. When you contribute to prejudice you are infringing on peoples right to a fair and speedy hearing in a court of law. Would you not want a fair trial?
lilkellyb

Kansas City, MO

#12 May 5, 2012
smith wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Is that such a hard concept to wrap your thick skull around? The root word for prejudice would be Pre-judge or pre-judgement. When you contribute to prejudice you are infringing on peoples right to a fair and speedy hearing in a court of law. Would you not want a fair trial?
They are guilty of not properly caring for the child or providing a safe secure living situation and that in its self caused the death of this poor child!!
aur56

Monett, MO

#13 May 6, 2012
lilkellyb wrote:
<quoted text>
They are guilty of not properly caring for the child or providing a safe secure living situation and that in its self caused the death of this poor child!!
Agreed...
smith

Monett, MO

#14 May 8, 2012
lilkellyb wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly, or it could have just been a mistake or freak accident. I've seen Some kids that if you turn your back on them for two seconds they're gone. If the child was kidnapped instead of hit by a car I bet you would not be blaming it on the parents. Did they take a blood test from the driver? Drugs slow down reaction time. What about people that could have been driving by and seen the child and did nothing about it. What crime are they guilty of? There is right and wrong and there is Law.
smith

Monett, MO

#15 May 8, 2012
You could also say if society never strayed away from a natural way of life and living, rather than living in concentrated areas and both parents having to work full time just to make ends meet and put industrialized food on the table while having to pay people to raise your children and having the television and public schools raise your children. we would not have the problems we have today. Face it we are all victims in some way of our own ignorance, egos, and self rightousness. People have become far too domesticated for their own health and well being. If you look at every culture or empire that came to an awful end, right before that end they were at the cutting edge of art, science, technology, philosophy all that and they all died and suffered because they were not truly self sufficient. They strayed away from a natural way of life to be accepted in society. Dont think you're better than anyone else. We will all suffer something eventually.
aur56

Monett, MO

#16 May 8, 2012
smith wrote:
You could also say if society never strayed away from a natural way of life and living, rather than living in concentrated areas and both parents having to work full time just to make ends meet and put industrialized food on the table while having to pay people to raise your children and having the television and public schools raise your children. we would not have the problems we have today. Face it we are all victims in some way of our own ignorance, egos, and self rightousness. People have become far too domesticated for their own health and well being. If you look at every culture or empire that came to an awful end, right before that end they were at the cutting edge of art, science, technology, philosophy all that and they all died and suffered because they were not truly self sufficient. They strayed away from a natural way of life to be accepted in society. Dont think you're better than anyone else. We will all suffer something eventually.
At no time,not once did i ever think i was better than anyone,ever. Accidents happen to us all ,this one was avoidable,IMO. That is all I said.
smith

Monett, MO

#17 May 8, 2012
I understand. Everyone's entitled to free speech and expression. I dont want to shut you up. It just sickens me that these are the kind of topics people discuss. It seems the news always looks for the most dramatic events to focus on. I dont understand why people are so obsessed with drama that they have no power over. Focusing on the bad rather than the good seems to never have very many rewards. There are a lot more worse things going on in the world that would be much more worthy topics for discussion, unless one is only obsessed with drama and gossip which is perverse in nature its very self.
smith

Monett, MO

#18 May 8, 2012
I thought I was done talking to you anyway aur56. I really dont care what you think because it's your choice. I wasnt putting my focus on you, but more so on the idea. You seem a bit like an ego maniac to me aur56. You are annonymous yet you still feel the irresistable erge to defend your integrity. If it's only an opinon well then you have already offered it from your first post. Seems to me like there is more to it. Might be you feel the need to be of importance or feel significant. Seems to me your trying to grasp on to somthing you have no control over or you really do think your opinion is of high importance. You might get on wikipedia and look up narscisist or sociopath and if you meet the criteria you could seek some help.
aur56

Monett, MO

#19 May 8, 2012
I'd say my opinion is just about worth as much as yours. I have many flaws but being an ego maniac is not one of them, my life is full of family and friends so being needy is not the issue. I live a valuable but small life, you seem to be very wordy on here about all of my flaws, you might want to explore your issues also since you seem to know so much about others.I will be more than happy to abandon this particular thread since it has become mostly about you picking on me for no apparent reason.It's all about opinions on here, nothing more.Your and mine are worth the same, nada.
smith

Monett, MO

#20 May 9, 2012
I apologize for being harsh to you. I get carried away at times and you're right I do have my own issues. I need to get off of this horrible web site whatever it is and go out and enjoy life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pierce City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire burns McDonald's restaurant in Monett MO (Jan '10) Nov 2 PAPA SMURF 18
Country Lane Pups (Kennel) (Jan '10) Oct 28 Clark 19
Explotion Aug '17 She6172 1
News Hydro Aluminum expands extrusion fabrication, m... (Jul '10) Jul '17 Kalyani Springs 3
News Remembering the devastation: the May 4, 2003, t... (May '10) May '17 Anonymous snob 9
Pierce City Officer Whitehead (Jan '17) Jan '17 Mrs Not From There 1
Blake Walsh (Aug '16) Aug '16 Shorty 1

Pierce City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pierce City Mortgages