Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#1 Mar 30, 2012
DWI checkpoints are illegal. If any one can provide a law or statute that explains I am required by law to provide identification upon REQUEST of an officer who is not observing a crime being commited or has no reason other than suspision to believe I am a suspect of a crime then I will comply. Until then I will exercise my right to the fourth ammendment. I am not obstucting "justice". I am simply choosing not to waive my constitutional rights. Also it appears freedom of speech and peacefull assembly is a "slap in the face" according to sheriff Brad DeLay of Lawrence county. It's all I can gather after the article that was released in monett times about Ernte Fest last year. All i could think was can I please have some cheese with all that wine. You give these people an inch they'll take a mile.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#2 Mar 30, 2012
I once had an officer of the "law" tell me ignorance of the law is no excuse so shortly after i began to study the Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the United States of America along with various laws and statutes, supreme court rulings and so on. Well not too long after that I was pulled over. I remained calm and peacefull, and when i began to excercise my rights. The corporate law officer became aggetated and asked if I had a problem with "authority". Well of course I do not because I believe in God. It is appearent these training academies teach police to be affraid of the public and that they arent liked well and that anyone who is well versed in the law has a problem with authority. It's like they have this "us" against "them" attitude. As if one human has more authority over another. That's what the law is for.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#3 Mar 30, 2012
Well what im saying is that we as the public have an obligation to hold these public servants accountable to the law and not just their own corporate policy. They do not make me feel served or protected as they claim. They have sworn an oath to the constitution and to God upon recieving thier badge. This is obviously all just a joke then? Why is it that the police are starting to look more like the military? Hummers, Assault Riffles, unmanned air craft etc. They must be all hoping an praying for martial law. Do they not realize this is Treason in it's purest form? God help thier souls.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#4 Mar 31, 2012
The police generally operate under the ussumption that the majority of public do not understand their own civil liberties or the state and federal laws. Do not let an officer of the law covince you they have "probable cause" to search your property or to conduct other illegal activities. You have to ask yourself why are they trying to convince you this? It is because they need your consent. Continue to stand your ground. Chances are that they wont show up to court to argue that they had "probable cause" which is only a statute in it's self anyway. The laws are for the public to understand and practice just as they are there for the police to practice. Knowing the law can neutralize many unjust encounters.
wow

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2012
Good luck with all this...
aur56

Monett, MO

#6 Jun 28, 2012
I appreciate DWI check points, hopefully they catch a few drivers who have no business on the road because of drinking. Driving drunk is wrong and puts me at risk on the road, I don't want me or anyone I know to die because of someone else's good time.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#7 Jun 28, 2012
I'm all for cracking down on drunk drivers but at the expense of directly violating the fourth amendment I am not. Like I said you give an inch they take a mile. If you dont exercise your rights you'll lose them. If you cant catch someone without breaking the law how does that constitute justice?
My papers and my I.D. are protected under the fourth amendment from unreasonable search and seizure. If I'm not observed commiting a crime and i'm not a suspect of a crime I dont have to consent to provide Identification. I will not waive my rights because people cannot be resposible. Anyone who willingfully Gives up freedom in return for safety deserves niether.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#8 Jun 28, 2012
aur56 wrote:
I appreciate DWI check points, hopefully they catch a few drivers who have no business on the road because of drinking. Driving drunk is wrong and puts me at risk on the road, I don't want me or anyone I know to die because of someone else's good time.
I'm all for responsible behavior. Normal everyday american citizens who stay within the confines of the law should not have to give up their privacy just because a few people might break the law. There are already laws in place to discourage DWI. Drunk driving isnt the top killer nor is cancer. As a matter of fact the number one killer of innocent people all over the world for centeries has been democide, look it up. Military and police checkpoints, military patroling the public streets (St.Louis), fluoridating the public water supply to make people more docile and subserviant/submissive were all things that were done in Nazi Germany. In fact the first documented use of fluoride to medicate the drinking water was in the concentration camps. Fluoride is a byproduct of phosphate fertilizer production. It cant be dumped in the lakes and oceans but it's in our public water.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#9 Jun 28, 2012
I'm sure the local police are trying to do a good thing keeping the roads safe but just because it's a nation wide campaign does not mean they have to go along with it. There are military check points down south in the name of "border control" one hundred miles inside the border of the U.S. while the borders remain virtualy wide open. If you have ever been through one of those checkpoints down south you will notice you cannot really tell if the personel are military or police. They look like a mix between the two. It's all by design to aclimate people and get them used to a military presence on the streets. Martial law is treason by the way. It's the kind of thing that goes on in North Korea and Russia. Twenty or thirty years ago this type of thing would have been unacceptable without question.
Concerned Citizen

Kansas City, MO

#10 Jul 2, 2012
alex jones needs you back at the nuthouse.
aur56

Monett, MO

#11 Jul 2, 2012
I think you read too much,maybe watch too much FOX News also. Lighten up a bit, so much gloom isn't healthy.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#12 Jul 12, 2012
Right?
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#13 Jul 12, 2012
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#14 Jul 12, 2012
You're saying I should be apathetic? Apathy is not human nature unless you've been dehumanized. Read too much? hmmm. I watch all news BBC, NBC, ABC, FOX, Aljazeera and they're all garbage. Lighten up a bit? So much denial is not healthy for you. Nut house? I wish I was nuts. Bananas are you? Bananas about the banana republic we live in I suppose?
Huh

Monett, MO

#15 Jul 26, 2012
Your nuts, checkpoints have been ruled on by the surpreme court as legal. Get over it. There are guidelines established and depts do follow them to a tee. If you want to express your knowledge at a checkpoint then good luck.
Watching it happen

Monett, MO

#16 Jul 27, 2012
I think it's funny that the sheriff said that he is not targeting the Ernte Fest with chack points, but has had one every year. He is having on this year also, the same weekend. Some needs to check into two deputy's that were fired for sexual harrassement.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#17 Jul 30, 2012
Last post wasnt me fyi. The Supreme court isnt working towards the best interests of the public these days clearly.. I didnt see any DWI arrests with the last checkpoints they had around here only petty crimes and traffic violations. I dont have any personal vandettas against local law enforcement just the general idea of the constitution and the bill of rights eroding vastly into oblivion thats sickening and no one gives a crap. A sheriff has more jurisdiction over his county than any other agency if im correct so they have the power to protect their citizens from criminal trespass.
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#18 Jul 30, 2012
Huh wrote:
Your nuts, checkpoints have been ruled on by the surpreme court as legal. Get over it. There are guidelines established and depts do follow them to a tee. If you want to express your knowledge at a checkpoint then good luck.
I have asserted my rights before and have been successful every time. I am aware that no one can keep them from conducting check points but if you do not consent to unwarrented searches that is all you have to say. Next time you are pulled over be very careful and listen also do not be rude. Law enforcement officers very rarely make commands or orders it is always very discretely worded in the form of a request to persuade you to give consent or permission. If you are observed commiting a crime they have every right to ask for i.d. I do not consent to any searches without warrent. I would like to be on my way now. Am I free to go? Those last three sentences are all you have to say. I taught my boy to say that when the police ask to look through his book bag on his way home from school
Concerned Citizen

Monett, MO

#19 Jul 30, 2012
Any society that would give up a little Liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both. Ben Franklin.

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is.
Thomas Jefferson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pierce City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Explotion Aug 8 She6172 1
News Hydro Aluminum expands extrusion fabrication, m... (Jul '10) Jul 28 Kalyani Springs 3
News Remembering the devastation: the May 4, 2003, t... (May '10) May '17 Anonymous snob 9
Pierce City Officer Whitehead (Jan '17) Jan '17 Mrs Not From There 1
Blake Walsh (Aug '16) Aug '16 Shorty 1
Robin king (May '16) May '16 Party time 1
sandy petersen murderer!! (Mar '16) Mar '16 sandy petersen 1

Pierce City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pierce City Mortgages