Very Slow Internet from Windstream DSL
Sshunter

Columbus, NC

#104 Jan 25, 2013
I get a connection speed of .03mbps which is slower than 56k dial up yet with a business Acc they say I get a reported 10mbps. Speedtest.net has never been wrong. Unfortunately it's the only ISP in this area so I have no other option. I have to turn my wifi connection off on my iPhone cause it slows that down!
wiser

Fitzgerald, GA

#105 Jan 26, 2013
Wind stream dsl speed is ridiculous. I have been trying to watch netflix, and I'm unable to watch a decent movie because of the excruciatingly slow network speed. I may as well go back to dial up because dsl isn't much faster at all !!
Kieta

Jamestown, NY

#106 Feb 2, 2013
HAS BEEN SLOW IN Kennedy Frewsburg NY FOR 3 WEEKS NOW!!!!
Same response for the last 5 calls. what to do now......
Anonymous

Lexington, SC

#107 Feb 4, 2013
Last night I called windstream, Had a tech guy over here this morning. Internet still didn't work after problem was so called "fixed". Called again and got another tech over Within 2 hours. He left and said he would be coming back in the morning. The tech agreed with me that my speeds are WAY below what I should be getting. Over the phone they claimed that the internet was bad because the there were more people on the internet than usual and the servers were slowed down. REALLY?!?!? At 3 O'Clock in the morning. Doubt it. Got the next month free and they gave me a $50 USB Wi-Fi adapter for free cause I needed one. Still have slow internet but hoping it will be fixed in the morning. Will keep calling up there and raising hell until I get what I pay for. 24 month contract is bull shit. Don't get Windstream. Try to get something like AT&T if you can, They have fast speeds low cost and great customer service for the most part.
Windstream blows

Manlius, NY

#108 Feb 7, 2013
I moved back home to my parents' place and they have windstream. Now they use internet for much different things than I do and don't have the slightest idea how to do a speed test etc. There are nights where my down speed is .8mpbs and my up can't even connect for a test. After harrassing them for literally 4 months they have credited me 40 bucks. They claimed they were going to install an aggregator and new lines a month ago and when they didn't I called to inquire why they still weren't doing anything. They "moved the deadline" to get this done because "the parts hadn't come in". Literally this company is taking advantage of the elderly like radio shack. Really makes me sick that they can pull this with impunity. They have a monopoly on internet in my local area so they know that they won't lose customers even if they have no customer service and horrible line speeds.
ex customer

Piedmont, MO

#109 Feb 7, 2013
Windstream blows wrote:
I moved back home to my parents' place and they have windstream. Now they use internet for much different things than I do and don't have the slightest idea how to do a speed test etc. There are nights where my down speed is .8mpbs and my up can't even connect for a test. After harrassing them for literally 4 months they have credited me 40 bucks. They claimed they were going to install an aggregator and new lines a month ago and when they didn't I called to inquire why they still weren't doing anything. They "moved the deadline" to get this done because "the parts hadn't come in". Literally this company is taking advantage of the elderly like radio shack. Really makes me sick that they can pull this with impunity. They have a monopoly on internet in my local area so they know that they won't lose customers even if they have no customer service and horrible line speeds.
You will NEVER get what you paid for. They will tell you anything to get you to stay with them! This slow internet issue is everywhere and they will NOT upgrade! find another provider and tell them to kiss your butt. You and everyone else is getting ripped off
windstream hater

Texarkana, AR

#110 Feb 9, 2013
been a with windsuckers for almost three years now pay for 3mbs but have never seen above .7 i cant switch there is no other providers i read all the posts i have called a dozen times always the same bull i think they owe alot of us alot of money we need to get class action suited started i think i need to be payed back in fact i started thaking screen shots of speed test .net make shur to include the time stamp in the bottom of your computer i'm going to keep a record of it for now on sounds to me like they bribe some of yall tha complain alot i'm not after any bribe i want my money back or the 3mb i am paying for
Windstream is Windsuck

Piedmont, MO

#111 Feb 10, 2013
windstream hater wrote:
been a with windsuckers for almost three years now pay for 3mbs but have never seen above .7 i cant switch there is no other providers i read all the posts i have called a dozen times always the same bull i think they owe alot of us alot of money we need to get class action suited started i think i need to be payed back in fact i started thaking screen shots of speed test .net make shur to include the time stamp in the bottom of your computer i'm going to keep a record of it for now on sounds to me like they bribe some of yall tha complain alot i'm not after any bribe i want my money back or the 3mb i am paying for
Good Luck getting anything from them, they get away with ripping us off. I cancelled and because of financial problems, sending only $5.00 a week, they did not like it and now sending a collection Agency on me for the full amount which is only 10.00 left. They are evil!!!!!
boycott windstream

Piedmont, MO

#112 Feb 10, 2013
I quit windstream due to bad service and lies. I thought my bill was paid, but got a letter that said if balance was not paid in 30 days, legal action would be taken against me. According to them I still owe $0.01. Yes I owe them 1 cent and they threaten to take legal action? F#*k YOU Windstream!
Mike

Morehead, KY

#113 Feb 10, 2013
I pay the same as those around me. They tell me that I must have a virus. Well I took my labtop to the inlaws and guess what, it was as just as fast as their. Guess I didn't have a virus as they think. Think I will contact the BBB as well
feisty cadaver

Chatsworth, GA

#114 Feb 24, 2013
I live in a semi-rural area, and my only options are Windstream, Charter, or satellite. Both Charter and satellite have bandwidth limits of 250GB, which, between two PS3s, two iPhones, and a computer, we would burn through that cap in about 72-96 hours of internet usage. The only reason I use Windstream is because they have no cap. I was promised 6 Mbps but only get maybe 2. A great service in the area is Optilink, but it's not available where I live.
out here

Quitman, AR

#115 Feb 26, 2013
I called two different times yesterday
First guy said they are upgrading equipment
I asked him on a time frame he asked why
I told him as soon as I get off phone with him I was calling Hughes net and that other one excede
Then he says a planned date is June
He said numerous latency tickets for our area
Then the other guy told me to shut All wifi off if I wanted to watch Netflix
We are just screwed
Even called AT&T
"Nothing for your area"
cindy

Conway, AR

#116 Mar 8, 2013
Customer service just informed me that my area is NOT slated for improvements this year 2013...nice barlely running at .3 supposed to run at 3.0...ha it maybe runs at 1.5 on a good day
cindy

Conway, AR

#117 Mar 8, 2013
and I am in Vilonia, not Greenbrier btw
luther

Jamestown, NY

#118 Mar 11, 2013
my service outside of frewsburg ny has had problems for the past two years. numerous calls.
dan

Jamestown, NY

#119 Apr 7, 2013
windstream is hosing all of us you can get dail upfaster than there giving us for 60.00 bucks a month complain or thell never do nothing .they do everything but tell you to go to you know where when you complain
yeppers

Piedmont, MO

#120 Apr 9, 2013
Windstream does not care. they already said unless you live in Piedmont they will not upgrade because it is not cost effective in rural areas. So keep paying them all that money for bad service and enjoy what you are not paying for
Disgusted

Fort White, FL

#121 Apr 13, 2013
WIndstream promised my DSL speed would be corrected by the End of December 2012. Still not fixed and they told me they had no plans for correcting it in 2013 and they did not give rebates!!!!
just saying

Piedmont, MO

#122 Apr 13, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
WIndstream promised my DSL speed would be corrected by the End of December 2012. Still not fixed and they told me they had no plans for correcting it in 2013 and they did not give rebates!!!!
that is what you get for believing in them....we could of told you they are con artists. Windstream will tell you anything to get your money and there is nothing you can do about it

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#123 Apr 15, 2013
I dropped dial up, couldn't get broadband because my phone lines are on the groud and went with Hughes net gen4 and I am dong better than you guys are with download and upload speeds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piedmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who*** of piedmont 22 hr dirty mike 4
Leeper,Mo (Feb '14) Thu Joe Stokely 9
Lighthouse Christian Academy (Nov '10) Thu guest 132
Trump is right, Get rid of the muslims Wed Mehmet 6
8 Reasons Why AT&T Sucks Beyond All Belief (Sep '13) Feb 1 Steve 49
nip it in the bud Feb 1 welfare 6
Piedmont Police Department Feb 1 Steve 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Piedmont Mortgages