wondering

Greenville, MO

#1 Jun 10, 2010
i hear there was a drowning at sam a baker park this evening...air evac was out there
me too

Greenbrier, AR

#2 Jun 10, 2010
i heard that to but don't know who it is that drowned. hopefully it's just a bad rumor
concerned

Greenbrier, AR

#3 Jun 10, 2010
KFVS reported a drowning at Sam A Baker this evening but I didn't get a name.
friend

Rolla, MO

#4 Jun 10, 2010
near drowing and they have not released the name

United States

#5 Jun 10, 2010
the man who was air evac'd out was joshus dement and he has since passed away. don't really know what happend but heard from a friend who is a family member. its a sad situation
Rhonda

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2010
Will keep the victim's family in my prayers during this difficult time. I hope that this was just a tragic accident and not the result of someone acting stupid.
Renni

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 11, 2010
Please pray for this family. There are so many things they need prayer to overcome right now. This is so sad.
friend

Ellington, MO

#8 Jun 11, 2010
he was Snorkeling and didnt resurface. his friends found him unresponsive underwater. whn they got him out they treid cpr and called for help. he was rushed to poplar bluff regional where he was pronounced dead on arrival. He was 25 and had a son. he has a lot of family and friends that will miss him. His name was josh dement formally of ellington mo.
melissa

Patton, MO

#9 Jun 11, 2010
josh was a dear friend of mine known him since we were little my dad and his dad r best friends and have been forever ... his whole family is in my prayers and i thank everyone who is praying for his family as well its a very sad situation and we are all having a hard time with it ... josh was a great father and a wonderful friend .... may god be with him
So sad

Chagrin Falls, OH

#10 Jun 11, 2010
Oh no, that's so sad. Friends and family, I am so sorry for your loss. I live near the park, and this is awful. Where exactly did this happen? There are a lot of swimming holes at Sam A, and I really didn't think the water was that high...did he get pulled under by a current somewhere?
friend

Ellington, MO

#11 Jun 11, 2010
They dont know what happend really, just that he was snorkeling in a big hole at the creek.
asking

Greenbrier, AR

#12 Jun 11, 2010
was his father richie dement
info

Greenbrier, AR

#13 Jun 12, 2010
asking wrote:
was his father richie dement
His father is Kevin Dement
unsure

Clarkesville, GA

#14 Jun 12, 2010
My cousin told me he got caught in mud or quicksand when he was snorkeling and drown?
Kati Gee

Quitman, AR

#15 Jun 14, 2010
thats sad but a friend or mine drowned sun. morning his name was mikel moss he lived in elsanor wich is like 30 mins from here . He was only 20 its really sad .so iam sorry for josh and mikel may they R.I.P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piedmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hospital drug test new moms 15 hr Just saying 4
The Radio Station 106.7 THE ZONE (Jun '10) Aug 26 Local 73
How do YOU Unregister to Vote (Mar '13) Aug 26 Biscuit 91
Awesome dog groomer! Aug 25 Mutt mom 1
Massa for sherrif Aug 24 Im bread 39
Thomas Hime (Dec '08) Aug 24 Nunya 15
Thomas Hime, (Apr '10) Aug 24 Nunya 19

Piedmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance