why is oakland so violent?

Posted in the Piedmont Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
jim

Gorham, ME

#1 Jun 5, 2009
are they looking for undeserved reparations?

Since: Nov 07

San Francisco, CA

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Oakland is full of lots of thugs who still blame their bad lives/poor upbringings on white people instead of placing blame on themselves and their families. See, this is what happens when you choose to deal crack and not finish high school and want to just grow up to be in a gang.
Cloris Leech

Berkeley, CA

#3 Jun 12, 2009
fantasy girl wrote:
Oakland is full of lots of thugs who still blame their bad lives/poor upbringings on white people instead of placing blame on themselves and their families. See, this is what happens when you choose to deal crack and not finish high school and want to just grow up to be in a gang.
Yup...it also is what happens when you have that cultural rot called "gangsta rap" glorifying punks and gangs and condoning every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder! Forty years of affirmative action and billions of dollars in welfare and what do we have to show for it? It's still Booga-Booga land in Oakland! Ya know what I am sayin' homie?
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Jun 16, 2009
Is it because the Raiders have played non violently?
Travis Bickle Jr

Berkeley, CA

#5 Jun 16, 2009
Monte wrote:
Is it because the Raiders have played non violently?
Nah that has nothing to do with it...although since the Raiders have played so incompetently in recent years that may have something to do with Oakland's incompetent city government especially that Mayor dude who apparently still thinks he is the darling of the lefties back in Washington DC. Oakland seems to be the least of his worries nowadays! Oh well...

Since: Apr 08

Whole BAY AREA 415, 510, 707

#6 Jun 17, 2009
DRUGs. MONEY. POWER. JEALOUSY and no low lives...put that all together and what u get? truly I have been wanting to get that mic from those news casters and tell the real.....most men/women in Oakland are under the influence of some illegal substance and have no idea what they are doing when they are. They are out there saling drugs and for the most popping spot on the corner they will kill for it. so....thats what u get when the MAYOR isnt doing his job of getting those LOW LIFES off the streets. THey have no value on there own lives so hey what makes you think they will have any on another.....I have heard enough about this city...it needs to be demolished. I HATE OAKLAND!

#7 Jun 17, 2009
^^^what I posted above is simply IT...END OF STORY. I know first hand about all of this...I lived there. I got out of there. I am in a safe place and when I turn on the news mind u I watch faithfully...I have seen many people I know. Them retarded mothers better get out them HAIR and NAIL shops and see whats up with there kids...Stop CLUBBIN and check out what they doing! GET IN THAT A$$!!!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 18, 2009
It's a lot of things that make Oakland the way it is, the lack of respect for life you see it on TV,
you hear it by way of music. The church is'nt doing nothing. We must have a re-education for the whole world, not just Oakland. Nothing will ever change unless we all change, I mean parents grandparents and the children.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#9 Jun 18, 2009
I forgot one thing, so rapper's if they want to change some things, stop rapping about the drugs
and say something positive, we already know whats going on in the hood. Tell me what to do to get away from this madness....

#10 Jun 19, 2009
Alan jenkins wrote:
I forgot one thing, so rapper's if they want to change some things, stop rapping about the drugs
and say something positive, we already know whats going on in the hood. Tell me what to do to get away from this madness....
thas was up....u said it right....they telling us stories bout what is already known.....they need to speak on what isnt told.....like what they learned in school.
ranti

Orinda, CA

#11 Jun 21, 2009
everyone is missing the point!you are looking at symptoms!not causes!when we here of the latest shootings we are looking at the end result of something that has gone terribly wrong!and that something went wrong many years ago!It went wrong when the single mother tried to raise her children by herself in an envirement that eats children for breackfast!By a government program that demands the absence of the father to qualify! so now mariage is a taboo except for gays!anyone who ate of that poison is now paying for that social engineering.
Sue Ann Grafton

Berkeley, CA

#12 Jun 21, 2009
Well if there is a father in the picture who might actually have to work (perish the thought!) and support his family why would welfare (or so much of it!) be required? Of course you do have to have some provisions to give people welfare...like establishing the fact that it is really needed!

What has REALLY terribly gone wrong is that we have a complete lack of responsibility in that girls (as young as 12 and 13!) and women are grinding out bastard after bastard without even thinking about the responsibility of who is going to raise them and who is going to support the raising of them. Meanwhile "my baby's daddy" has usually "flown the coop" in search of another "hoe" or "bitch" to bang until he knocks her up and does another disappearing act.

Yeah I know we should blame all the robberies, rapes and murders on someone else other than those committing those barbaric crimes too. Responsibility? Nah forget that outdated concempt! Besides that cultural rot called "gangsta rap" glorifies and condones all that anyway. Great message for impressionable youth eh?
erika

Oakland, CA

#13 Jan 2, 2013
I just moved to Oakland, I knew it was not a very Hood place to want to live but I felt like if I just minded my own business & stick to my self I'd be fine. Well last night proved Mr wrong, I had just gotten off the bus around 630pm, walking home about 5 minutes from my house I was robbed at gun point by 2 youngsters. I couldn't believe my eyes. Snatched my purse and ripped my necklace off my neck. I feel so violated and traumatized. I can't understand how people could be so fuckin greedy. If you want money go to work like I do every fuckin day and earn it you pieces of shit!!
Free Surfer

Newark, CA

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Oakland is a pile of brown sht, if your not black. Stay Away from the "Apes"
Oaklander

Livermore, CA

#16 Jan 5, 2013
Anybody know the exact number of persons shot in Oakland in 2012? The media always reports how many murders, but never how many people were actually shot and survived. I tried getting that info from the mayor's office, but they did not reply of course.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 8, 2013
Free Surfer wrote:
Oakland is a pile of brown sht, if your not black. Stay Away from the "Apes"
Kinda sad, when you considered the many white soldiers, including Abraham Lincoln....that sacrificed their lives, seemingly for a group of people, they may not have deserved their freedoms.....
Morris the Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jan 9, 2013
Come on down to Long Beach... "The Detroit of the Pacific Coast"
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#20 Jan 9, 2013
The mayor has made oakland a safehaven for vermin
Top Ramen

Newark, CA

#21 Jan 11, 2013
Morris the Cat wrote:
Come on down to Long Beach... "The Detroit of the Pacific Coast"
Long Beach is bad but go across the freeway and check out, Compton. Little Oakland, it's really bad. Either way, glad I'm white or I'd go for suicide.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Jan 12, 2013
Top Ramen wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Beach is bad but go across the freeway and check out, Compton. Little Oakland, it's really bad. Either way, glad I'm white or I'd go for suicide.
Compton is most like Detroit....saw a video shot there, The EBT Song.....on youtube....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piedmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Will Dockery 19,552
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 2 hr CharlesWoodworth 16,950
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) 8 hr Quan must be gone 84
San Leandro police arrest four carjacking suspe... 8 hr TBL 1
Northern California police chief joins peaceful... 11 hr Moms Mabley 5
Thursday Must Reads: OPD Says It Didn't Know Ab... 12 hr keepitreal 1
New list puts Vallejo among the statea s most d... 15 hr Doi 2

Piedmont News Video

Piedmont Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Piedmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Piedmont News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Piedmont

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:06 pm PST

NFL12:06PM
Niners' Jim Harbaugh conflicted about NFL vs. Michigan
NFL 1:03 PM
Frank Gore will play for 49ers vs. Chargers
NFL 1:17 PM
Chris Borland placed on San Francisco 49ers' I.R.
Bleacher Report 1:32 PM
San Diego Chargers vs. San Francisco 49ers: Live San Diego Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 3:43 PM
Chargers vs. 49ers: Live San Francisco Score and Analysis