Man wounded in Pico Rivera shooting

Man wounded in Pico Rivera shooting

There are 33 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Feb 15, 2010, titled Man wounded in Pico Rivera shooting. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A 29-year-old pedestrian was shot in the chest Monday night. The motive is still unknown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shrapnel

Beverly Hills, CA

#21 Feb 16, 2010
Latino Mayberry? I missed the episode where Opie put a slug in someone's chest.
opie

Walnut, CA

#22 Feb 16, 2010
Not in Mayberry again. CNN jinxed us.
Sr Jardin

United States

#23 Feb 16, 2010
This newspaper has all tabs on pico rivera if there is crime they print it, so where you come off saying crime was not reported , you are very mistaken.
APPALL wrote:
Now that Ron Beilke and Rothan are out of their office I see that the Whittier Daily News is on top of the crime scene here in Pico Rivera. Many other crimes have occurred here and were not printed in the newspaper. This is why Ron Beilke had Rothan claim that crime was down. The San Gabriel Newspaper has a check list result of crime in all cities. The lowest number is listed as the worst. Pico Rivera was listed 4th in 2007, now, it is listed 3rd. Who knows what the number is now. So how is crime down?
ohoh

Westminster, CA

#24 Feb 16, 2010
pico rivera...living up to its name

P.lace I.n C.rime O.ften
R.turn I.nto V.iolence ERA !

mayor suc-cido ?
El Guerio

Whittier, CA

#25 Feb 16, 2010
Travis Bickle wrote:
<quoted text>
More like a Latino Compton!
Latino Compton? your really dumb! Compton is now mostly Latino's. There are far more dangerous cities in L.A. County than Pico Rivera the only reason we here about Pico is cause its our neighbor. East and South L.A., Bell Gardens, Bell, Maywood, South Gate, Montebello, Paramount, Inglewood, Gardena and Inglewood all by far worse than Pico. Yes the population is less in Pico than those cities but even then still not close
Travis Bickle

Whittier, CA

#26 Feb 16, 2010
El Guerio wrote:
<quoted text>
Latino Compton? your really dumb! Compton is now mostly Latino's. There are far more dangerous cities in L.A. County than Pico Rivera the only reason we here about Pico is cause its our neighbor. East and South L.A., Bell Gardens, Bell, Maywood, South Gate, Montebello, Paramount, Inglewood, Gardena and Inglewood all by far worse than Pico. Yes the population is less in Pico than those cities but even then still not close
Sorry, YOU'RE (notice the spelling) right. Pico has always been part of those toilet cities.
Spider-Pig

Whittier, CA

#27 Feb 16, 2010
Now that Beilke is out of office his son is able to continue shooting people rather than stealing signs.
fellow christian

Whittier, CA

#28 Feb 16, 2010
disgusted pico rivera.you must be black.burn cross and pointed hats what an idiot.oh i forgot.hes from tx....
Disgusted Pico Rivera

United States

#29 Feb 17, 2010
fellow christian wrote:
disgusted pico rivera.you must be black.burn cross and pointed hats what an idiot.oh i forgot.hes from tx....
What is wrong with Blacks? A phony, racist Christian is what you are. You sound like a devil worshipper.
Banger Hater

Montebello, CA

#30 Feb 17, 2010
I would think someone would post the details since the daily didnt. Come on people. What was this shooting about. did anyone know the guy? give some details.
Pico Resident

Cypress, CA

#31 Feb 18, 2010
I believe the city gave up on this part of town. I've had my 8th grade son chase by these gang members in the area who are around the same age as he is with no parent supervision. They hang out at the corner liquor store as if they own it!! There have been several complaints made to the sheriffs dept. The only time you see a sheriff in the area is Sunday morning when the violence the night before already went down. There are some decent people in the area that do work and care for there family!!
Scott

Shreveport, LA

#32 Feb 18, 2010
Pico Resident wrote:
I believe the city gave up on this part of town. I've had my 8th grade son chase by these gang members in the area who are around the same age as he is with no parent supervision. They hang out at the corner liquor store as if they own it!! There have been several complaints made to the sheriffs dept. The only time you see a sheriff in the area is Sunday morning when the violence the night before already went down. There are some decent people in the area that do work and care for there family!!
I would move, period. Sorry, nothing's worth hanging around where your son is chased by gang members. It's not going to get any better, you've stated that yourself. Get out of Pico.
El Guerio

Whittier, CA

#33 Feb 18, 2010
Travis Bickle wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, YOU'RE (notice the spelling) right. Pico has always been part of those toilet cities.
haha what are you talking about spelling? and ya but it still isn't coming up with the same numbers as all those cities. Its on par with Downey and Norwalk but if Pico was the size as those cities they'd probably have alot more. If Pico was the size of Compton they'd probably have about 25 murders a year. Compare that to Comptons 83 last year. So were blessed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pico Rivera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marco Rubio in 2016! 2 hr Tony 38
Meeting at Quiet Cannon Today? 4 hr Somebody Has to S... 121
Del Terra and the Three Amigos in BP Transit Sc... 5 hr Oh Boy 13
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) 7 hr Hector Valente 1,713
if u want to troll heres a site 8 hr intothelight 1
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 10 hr El Modelos Maxim 2,541
Stalker & Gadfly of the year goes to Tuttle 11 hr Got Mama Tuttle 2
More from around the web

Pico Rivera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]