Two teens shot in Pico Rivera

Jan 11, 2010 Read more: Whittier Daily News 137
A gunman in a passing car fired several shots at two teens Monday night, hitting one boy in the hand and the other in the foot. Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
dixie lady

Whittier, CA

#129 Jan 17, 2010
Pico Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being sarcastic. Idiot!
My comment ws directed at Cheer Mom-it's hard to hear the sarcasm in your tone.
Smart Asa

Lakewood, CA

#130 Jan 18, 2010
Cheer mom wrote:
<quoted text> Well my daughter cheers for Walnut Diamond Bar and every time we have to get off the 605 freeway and travel to the Redskins home field or Whittier College for a cheer competition let me tell you, it is the most uncomfortable place to be. You don't feel safe there at all and this is in the middle of the day. So you see it is a matter of perspective. The fact is there are lowlifes in every community that make a community look bad. So before you put something down look at your situation. Believe me Whittier is no safe zone. My teenagers are not allowed in uptown after dark with all the fights, stabbings and muggings that have gone on. I don't blame the good people of Whittier or the Whittier PD. It is what it is. Low life member of society are everywhere.
Yes, and the sky is falling!!!!
tacojones

Canoga Park, CA

#131 Jan 18, 2010
dixie lady wrote:
<quoted text>
And Whittier College has to be one of the safest places in the city-wonder where cheer mom's been driving?
you guys obviously weren't at the cheer competition a couple weeks ago... imagine if you will, all the cholos/cholas who didn't get killed/locked up. Now they're the coaches and team moms. It looked like the SFS swap meet.
Mom of 4

Dallas, TX

#132 Jan 18, 2010
Well why do you take the comment so personal. I know there is low lifes every where but it seems there is more in some places then others. Never did I say Whittier was the "safest" place to be. I guess you want to say Walnut Diamond Bar is the "safest" then right. So before you get all crazy and defensive, slow down and take a breather. And why would you have your teenages on wandering the streets after dark? are you one of those parents? If crimes are happening in Whittier or where ever it may be then why would you not blame the city. As long as we or the city lets things get out of control, well that is what it's going to be out of control. I did not mean to ruffle your feathers, just wanted to say what I felt. you know "free speach" Oh and by the way at competition's Walnut Diamond Bar can be a little shall we say Ghetto. Just an opinion. Don't get all crazy now.
Cheer mom wrote:
<quoted text> Well my daughter cheers for Walnut Diamond Bar and every time we have to get off the 605 freeway and travel to the Redskins home field or Whittier College for a cheer competition let me tell you, it is the most uncomfortable place to be. You don't feel safe there at all and this is in the middle of the day. So you see it is a matter of perspective. The fact is there are lowlifes in every community that make a community look bad. So before you put something down look at your situation. Believe me Whittier is no safe zone. My teenagers are not allowed in uptown after dark with all the fights, stabbings and muggings that have gone on. I don't blame the good people of Whittier or the Whittier PD. It is what it is. Low life member of society are everywhere.
Mom of 4

Dallas, TX

#133 Jan 18, 2010
love it!!!
Smart Asa wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and the sky is falling!!!!
Mom of 4

Dallas, TX

#134 Jan 18, 2010
I am going to give that a try. You never know what can happen if I get to the right person who will listen to my concerns.
Mom wrote:
I too am concerned, about sporting events in Pico Rivera, so many kids are by themselves, why don't you call the Parks where events are played and insist, that Don's and Wolverines change policy and have parents and child attend all games, at least the kid will feel safer.
<quoted text>
Cheer mom

Long Beach, CA

#135 Jan 18, 2010
My daughter is actually a Donna who cheers for the Pico Rivera Dons. We try hard to have a safe venue at Rivera Park. We actually take pride in it. So when you say you feel unsafe I took it personally and gave you a taste of what it feels like to have your league put down. Sorry but I just don't see the Redskin families on a higher morale level. We all try hard to take pride in our communities. Its a matter of perspective because Im sure the upscale community does look down on the entire area.
grammar lady

Whittier, CA

#136 Jan 18, 2010
Cheer mom wrote:
My daughter is actually a Donna who cheers for the Pico Rivera Dons. We try hard to have a safe venue at Rivera Park. We actually take pride in it. So when you say you feel unsafe I took it personally and gave you a taste of what it feels like to have your league put down. Sorry but I just don't see the Redskin families on a higher morale level. We all try hard to take pride in our communities. Its a matter of perspective because Im sure the upscale community does look down on the entire area.
Get your kids to spend as much time studying as they do cheering(or playing sports) and all of our communities will be better places. Parents should spend the same amount of time and energy on school projects as they do attending practices and games. They shoud invest the same amount of money in tutors as they do in coaches. Equal time seems fair.
Mom of 4

Dallas, TX

#137 Jan 19, 2010
I did not know that the League owned the park. So you are not bothering me any. Apparently you know all the Redskin families. Bottom line Rivera park has way to many homies hanging out there and it's just not safe. you have your thoughts about Pico & I have mine. No bad blood is needed between our teams. I wish you guys good luck in Vegas have fun & be safe!
Cheer mom wrote:
Banger Hater

Montebello, CA

#138 Jan 19, 2010
Dapper Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you complaining about losing your job on this forum?
Are you kidding, i was happy cuz now that they changed their name to Big Lots, i got a promotion, now i make $.10 over minimum. i am rolling in the benjamins now. oh yeah baby!
Pico Boys is Great

Garden Grove, CA

#139 Jan 19, 2010
Hey Gigi, thanks for bringing Pico Boys into your post instead of saying streamland park. now when you search for pico boys in google this forum is the second result with the heading of "two teens shot in pico rivera". Great job. now you are hurting the league which whose job is to keep kids busy through baseball and away from gangs and this sort of activity. very counterproductive. please remove this comment.
Gigi wrote:
North end of town worse place to live, scary just to drive on a sunday afternoon, lots of gang activity going on very dark, pico boys field, scary to go to games, I have lived in Pico Rivera since 1977 would never never live in that part of town.
<quoted text>
Hello

Whittier, CA

#140 Jan 19, 2010
Dude dont say crap about someone who gets shot. Becides the shooter cant aim he shot em in the hand and foot lol.
Sooo Sorry

Phelan, CA

#141 Jan 20, 2010
rumore wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, blame someone else, what about the parents, how about having them take responcibillty for rising their kids, it's called parenting.
How about learning how to spell responsibility before thinking you are educated!!!
I don't think it's a parenting issue...Many times the older gang members are like beast waiting to recruit a youngster...It is SAD!!! Many recruiters threaten these young children, get them high, & make them do things out of fear....
But many families have a lifelong history of GANGSTERS in their lives & they educated these youngsters how to prove themselves to the enemy!!!
chimchim

La Habra, CA

#142 Jan 21, 2010
rumore wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, blame someone else, what about the parents, how about having them take responcibillty for rising their kids, it's called parenting.
Wow!!! how did we not see it was the clothes that made theses idiots act like animals???
I have to apologize to all of the worthless parents who have kids out there committing crimes in Whittier and Pico. I should've known it was those pinche chinos. If you want your sons to act like humans keep them away from Asian store keepers!!!
Scott

Shreveport, LA

#143 Jan 21, 2010
Sooo Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
How about learning how to spell responsibility before thinking you are educated!!!
I don't think it's a parenting issue...Many times the older gang members are like beast waiting to recruit a youngster...It is SAD!!! Many recruiters threaten these young children, get them high, & make them do things out of fear....
But many families have a lifelong history of GANGSTERS in their lives & they educated these youngsters how to prove themselves to the enemy!!!
Not a parenting issue? HUH? If not, then it's the kid's responsibility, period. Recruiters threaten them? Get them high? What?
"Do you wanna smoke a joint?"
"NO." Easy enough.
Recruiters, as you'd like to call them, aren't patrolling and randomly picking kids to join. You hang out with the WRONG crowd, make the wrong decision, period.
Families need to know what's going on with their kids. Until my son is 18 and has a job or is out on his own, he'll be responsible to let me know where he is 24 hours a day. Don't like it? Too bad. Too many parents now want to be "friends" with their kids.
Be a parent! It's not an easy job, it's DIFFICULT, and it's the MOST IMPORTANT job you have. Unfortunatley, there's a bunch of morons out there that think getting knocked up or knocking someone up makes them a parent. NOPE!
Mom of 4

Dallas, TX

#144 Jan 22, 2010
I agree with you 100% the parents makes the kid. you have to give your children rules and guidelines. A parent has to be a parent not a friend.
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a parenting issue? HUH? If not, then it's the kid's responsibility, period. Recruiters threaten them? Get them high? What?
"Do you wanna smoke a joint?"
"NO." Easy enough.
Recruiters, as you'**** like to call them, aren't patrolling and randomly picking kids to join. You hang out with the WRONG crowd, make the wrong decision, period.
Families need to know what's going on with their kids. Until my son is 18 and has a job or is out on his own, he'll be responsible to let me know where he is 24 hours a day. Don't like it? Too bad. Too many parents now want to be "friends" with their kids.
Be a parent! It's not an easy job, it's DIFFICULT, and it's the MOST IMPORTANT job you have. Unfortunatley, there's a bunch of morons out there that think getting knocked up or knocking someone up makes them a parent. NOPE!

“You know I'M RIGHT !”

Since: May 09

3rd rock from the SUN

#145 Jan 27, 2010
Good old PicoFlats still crazy after all these years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pico Rivera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 53 min Bruin For Life 29,520
Pacheco Got Slammed by Garcia and Lozano 1 hr Pacheco loser 23
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr TOASTER 19,832
News Longest-serving Santa Cruz traffic cop retires (Aug '10) 3 hr Paul Mendoza 110
News Striking: Hot, humid weather expected to linger (Aug '07) Fri Melvyn Doherty 9
News The leg end of Turnbull Canyon (Feb '08) Fri Joseph 189
News Sulfur-like smell covers Santa Fe Springs, surr... (Jul '13) Fri Harding 4
More from around the web

Pico Rivera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]