Man shot during apparent liquor store...

Man shot during apparent liquor store robbery in Pico Rivera

There are 33 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 4, 2010, titled Man shot during apparent liquor store robbery in Pico Rivera. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A man was shot and wounded Thursday in what initially appeared to be a liquor store robbery gone bad, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nicole Gayner

Covina, CA

#1 Feb 4, 2010
"A description of the attacker or a motive in the shooting was not available". Let me help you out here:

Description: male, latino, 5'6", 140lbs, shaved head, baggy pants, tattoo on his forehead that reads 'Joker'

Motive: Duh...needs money for Budweiser, more ammo. weed and spinners
Black Bart

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2010
Wat to go Pico Rivera.
Speed Kills

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Feb 5, 2010
Working as a convenience store clerk or liquor store clerk is more dangerous than working as a police officer. The question is, when will I get robbed Not, if I will get robbed. If you're a lucky store clerk you live through your robbery without getting killed.
PB ENT

Norwalk, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2010
Black Bart wrote:
Wat to go Pico Rivera.
What does wat mean?#imjustsaying
Reality bites

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Nicole Gayner wrote:
"A description of the attacker or a motive in the shooting was not available". Let me help you out here:
Description: male, latino, 5'6", 140lbs, shaved head, baggy pants, tattoo on his forehead that reads 'Joker'
Motive: Duh...needs money for Budweiser, more ammo. weed and spinners
Hey I take offense to that stereotype! You forgot the white wife beater!
grandmother

Whittier, CA

#7 Feb 5, 2010
This is front page news? PICO RIVERA person SHOT, negative reporting from this newspaper as always, what happened to the story of El Rancho Decathlon held at El Rancho High School sixty school represented, what happened to the story of again the El Rancho School Dist. raising nearly twenty thousand dollars and donating it to Red Cross Rio Hondo Chapter, all children of the school district did this and community members, where is that story, oh no for this paper it is not negative enough.
Bon Dosco

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Feb 5, 2010
grandmother wrote:
This is front page news? PICO RIVERA person SHOT, negative reporting from this newspaper as always, what happened to the story of El Rancho Decathlon held at El Rancho High School sixty school represented, what happened to the story of again the El Rancho School Dist. raising nearly twenty thousand dollars and donating it to Red Cross Rio Hondo Chapter, all children of the school district did this and community members, where is that story, oh no for this paper it is not negative enough.
It is what it is lady, yes it's negative and yes it happened in Pico Rivera. If you choose to live life with blinders on, don't read the news.
grandmother

United States

#9 Feb 5, 2010
ok
Bon Dosco wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what it is lady, yes it's negative and yes it happened in Pico Rivera. If you choose to live life with blinders on, don't read the news.
WDN Reader

Artesia, CA

#10 Feb 5, 2010
grandmother wrote:
This is front page news? PICO RIVERA person SHOT, negative reporting from this newspaper as always, what happened to the story of El Rancho Decathlon held at El Rancho High School sixty school represented, what happened to the story of again the El Rancho School Dist. raising nearly twenty thousand dollars and donating it to Red Cross Rio Hondo Chapter, all children of the school district did this and community members, where is that story, oh no for this paper it is not negative enough.
Grandmother this newspaper does report good news. Didn't you read yesterdays paper? Ron Beilke got busted and is headed for a 9 year stint in state prison. That was the best news I read about since the Gracie Gallegos felony fiasco. If you want the news censored move to China.
Art

Montclair, CA

#12 Feb 5, 2010
IT'S ALL COMING TO AN END.... BRACE YOURSELVES.. DON'T BELIEVE, READ YOUR BIBLE... MAINLY THE LAST FEW PARAGRAPHS
Juan Garcia

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Feb 5, 2010
Speed Kills wrote:
Working as a convenience store clerk or liquor store clerk is more dangerous than working as a police officer. The question is, when will I get robbed Not, if I will get robbed. If you're a lucky store clerk you live through your robbery without getting killed.
The only way I would work as a clerk is if I was able to carry a gun! These cowards will think real hard before challenging someone who is armed!
grandmother

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Feb 5, 2010
m,why
do
you
say
that
to
me,
i
talking
about
our
children
WDN Reader wrote:
<quoted text> Grandmother this newspaper does report good news. Didn't you read yesterdays paper? Ron Beilke got busted and is headed for a 9 year stint in state prison. That was the best news I read about since the Gracie Gallegos felony fiasco. If you want the news censored move to China.
whisspie

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Feb 5, 2010
verytrue
Art wrote:
IT'S ALL COMING TO AN END.... BRACE YOURSELVES.. DON'T BELIEVE, READ YOUR BIBLE... MAINLY THE LAST FEW PARAGRAPHS
Shawls

La Mirada, CA

#16 Feb 5, 2010
I can't believe how bad this city has become.

It's really pathetic.
fk obama

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2010
This is just another day in P.R thats life in this world,people need to pack for there own safety period.
fk obama

United States

#18 Feb 5, 2010
why did they exclude Pico Rivera
El Guerio

Whittier, CA

#19 Feb 5, 2010
you can't just go around insulting gangsters by calling them low life losers no name calling! that doesn't solve anything that just makes them angry and full of more hate. You gotta be positive towards them. I know out of experience i'm not a gangster but i used to be a rebel type kid hanging out with the wrong crowd and mind you gangsters aren't the only type of wrong crowd stereotype Remember Punks and Heavy Metal kids well thats who i associated with and when people insulted me calling me a loser i didn't want to think my life over i wanted to hurt them. So you gotta be positive and encouraging to these kids there lost they need help.
Blah

Downey, CA

#20 Feb 5, 2010
"Dear wonderful gansters, good job shooting an unarmed, hard working, underpaid clerk that's just trying to provide for his family - keep up the great work!"

Do you feel better now?
El Guerio wrote:
you can't just go around insulting gangsters by calling them low life losers no name calling! that doesn't solve anything that just makes them angry and full of more hate. You gotta be positive towards them. I know out of experience i'm not a gangster but i used to be a rebel type kid hanging out with the wrong crowd and mind you gangsters aren't the only type of wrong crowd stereotype Remember Punks and Heavy Metal kids well thats who i associated with and when people insulted me calling me a loser i didn't want to think my life over i wanted to hurt them. So you gotta be positive and encouraging to these kids there lost they need help.
deezgradenutz

Schaumburg, IL

#21 Feb 5, 2010
Shawls wrote:
I can't believe how bad this city has become.
It's really pathetic.
Hey Shawls....wake up smell and the chonis, roosters and cafe. "Pico River" has been this way a very long time. Where have you been? Sleeping the Beverly Blvd Bridge again.
I love Pico River, I just drive through it, nor do I buy anything because your city's taxes are too high.
Banger Hater

United States

#22 Feb 5, 2010
El Guerio wrote:
you can't just go around insulting gangsters by calling them low life losers no name calling! that doesn't solve anything that just makes them angry and full of more hate. You gotta be positive towards them. I know out of experience i'm not a gangster but i used to be a rebel type kid hanging out with the wrong crowd and mind you gangsters aren't the only type of wrong crowd stereotype Remember Punks and Heavy Metal kids well thats who i associated with and when people insulted me calling me a loser i didn't want to think my life over i wanted to hurt them. So you gotta be positive and encouraging to these kids there lost they need help.
Are you kidding me. These losers can think and feel what they want. They get in my face, you think i'm going to be nice? They just ran into the wrong person. They'll never know whats in store for them if they run into me. I dont play games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pico Rivera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 12 min Retribution 479
JCS admits scamming Mtb 10 hr Tick Tick Tick 6
Maclaren Hall childrens center or juvinile center (Dec '10) 11 hr GenGen 191
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 13 hr ClubSoccer 9,099
Downey High School Haunted? (Jul '09) 15 hr Jema 26
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr WPWW 20,966
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 21 hr False Flag Follies 4,550

Pico Rivera Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pico Rivera Mortgages