Pico Rivera Gang Violence

Pico Rivera Gang Violence

Posted in the Pico Rivera Forum

Concerned Citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 27, 2009
Last couple of nights I've heard an increasing amount of gunfire in the area. Last night, I woke up when I heard the helicopter flying around over the city.

Those who don't believe we have a major gang problem in our neighborhood need a reality check.

A couple of years ago on my sisters birthday we were all in the kitchen cutting her cake and singing when shots rang out across the street. A car passing by pulled a gun and shot the young boy who was walking on the sidewalk. The boy died at the scene. This was not a random shooting, apparently both shooter and victim had some sort of gang affiliation.

You can praise the new movie theatre, mall and restaurants, the repaved streets etc, but at the end of the day when our city continues to not only produce generation after generation of gang bangers but tolerate the violence and accept it as the norm - our lovely city will be doomed.

I have lived in Pico for most of my life. My family are hard working and college educated. I stop and think about whether I would feel safe raising my own family here someday.

It's just disheartening when everytime I hear my city in the news it's either gang related or negative press.

Every other day, my neighbors wall across the street is tagged up with gang markings. The city does a good job of coming around and repainting the wall. But it's a endless stream of tagging and repainting.

What can we as residents do to protect ourseleves, our family and neighborhood from these scum?
uidiot

La Habra, CA

#2 May 27, 2009
Because our city has over 66,000 people and 65,000 of them are the PROBLEM. The cops just hope that they all wipe each other out. Have you ever noticed how LONG it takes the shefiff deputies to respond when you make a call and you need them NOW ? Last time we called, it was 45 minutes and no show....then called back and they say we have an emergency and we will get there when we can. SO..........over two hours go by and the cop cars go RIGHT PAST the ISSUE and don't even stop !

Go figure, and we pay the highest TAXES !

Not long until I'm the hell out of here ! It is a revolving door with nothing buy losers coming in and out of it.

We the GOOD people need to be able to carry WEAPONS like they do in TEXAS......that would take care of some of these losers but NO....it's population control also ! We're doomed till we move out or all the LOSERS leave or die or get swine flu or west nile virus or AIDS , etc.
Scott

United States

#3 May 29, 2009
That's exactly why I left, and have never looked back. Now, when my wife and I hear a helicopter flying around, we KNOW something major must be going on.(where as in Pico, it was like background music) I don't hear gunshots. Of coruse, I see tagging from time to time, I think that's just about everywhere, but no gang members walking the streets. I grew up in Pico, and miss the good people, but those are far and few between now. Doesn't help that you have corrupt people running the city either. The new theatre, the new paint, etc? It's like spraying Glade in a bathroom with a turd on the floor. May mask the odor a bit, but it's still just a major issue that needs to be cleaned up. Get out, that's my advice, there are FAR better places to live.

“You know I'M RIGHT !”

Since: May 09

3rd rock from the SUN

#4 May 29, 2009
Scott, you are Soooooooo right. Just counting the months till we are out of this 6 square mile radius " WAR ZONE ".

PEACE
inyourface

Los Angeles, CA

#5 May 30, 2009
women in Pico Rivera need to stop being hood rats and creating children without fathers...scum breading is not good for society.
U-idiot

AOL

#7 May 31, 2009
Inyourface: You are right, great comment and keep em comming.

AND..........

VHSX13 I have a question: VHS has been replaced with DVD's D-oh !

AND: is X13 your AGE or IQ ????

And IF instead you are referring to your feet: big feet don't equal " big meat " !
Pico Rivera News

Long Beach, CA

#9 Jul 2, 2009
all you scary ass people cryin about Pico Rivera need to move out and find another city to cry about.
Pico Rivera News

Long Beach, CA

#10 Jul 2, 2009
The thing i like most about Pico Rivera is the neighbors look out for each other.

“No Faith Distracting Me”

Since: Oct 08

Whittier

#11 Jul 2, 2009
Pico Rivera News wrote:
The thing i like most about Pico Rivera is the neighbors look out for each other.
Just like Homies should right?
resident of pico

Thousand Oaks, CA

#12 May 20, 2011
i think all you people who have moved out just forgot how good pico rivera really is because i live right in the middle of many gangs and not one bad thing happens to me , i walk around with no worries.*upland really you DO NOT live anywhere near pico & just because your city is RICH doesnt mean you need to talk shitt about those who live here. we are all perfectly happy with where we live.
pico chick

Whittier, CA

#13 May 21, 2011
resident of pico wrote:
i think all you people who have moved out just forgot how good pico rivera really is because i live right in the middle of many gangs and not one bad thing happens to me , i walk around with no worries.*upland really you DO NOT live anywhere near pico & just because your city is RICH doesnt mean you need to talk shitt about those who live here. we are all perfectly happy with where we live.
Couldnt Of Said It Better Myself.As Long As You Dont Mess With The Gang Members They Wont Mess With You.
ta loca

La Habra, CA

#14 Jul 29, 2011
You know you live in Pico Rivera if you:*find dirty diapers in parking lots and gutters *find trash and beer bottles in front of your house after a parked car was just there *find someone pissing next to your house *there's 10 carts on your block *Surrounded by SUV's, Astro vans and old beater cars *Your neighbors have patio furniture in their front lawn *your neighbor has 12 people and 8 beater cars in a 2 bedroom home *cars are double parked when there's open parking spots *are stuck driving behind someone going 30mph in a 45 zone because they prob don't have insurance *see illegal immigrants selling fruit and random crap at every intersection *get cut off by a bad driver who is female, hispanic and overweight *if your bike is stolen *see people throwing trash out their window while driving *see idiots driving with their cell phone on speaker but STILL holding it to their mouth (they must think the hands free law is ear free)*the only 10 people that rang your doorbell were all solicitors trying to scam you or want to mow your lawn
IF YOU COME HERE TO GET AWAY FROM YOUR MESSED UP COUNTRY, LEARN TO LIVE LIKE THE AVERAGE PERSON AND DONT BRING THAT LIFE STYLE HERE. STOP LITTERING, RECYCLE, STOP STEALING AND GANG/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, DON'T TRASH YOUR HOUSE AND STOP DRIVING DRUNK AND KILLING PEOPLE.

“You know I'M RIGHT !”

Since: May 09

3rd rock from the SUN

#15 Nov 26, 2011
Ta loca : it's so nice to hear from someone who is perfect like you! I'm sure u taught all your illegal kids these same manners that you plagiarized from another POST !
V H S R X 3 DBS CRIMINAL

Kilauea, HI

#17 Jan 19, 2012
K ALL U LAMES U DON'T KNOW NOTHING. HORSE SHOES STILL ON THE MAP
home town boy

United States

#18 Mar 5, 2012
Horse Shoe was a lil strong in the 70s and started dying out by the early 80s and now you may have a couple of wantabes trying to revive the dead.but the gangs around it are to big and strong for them to ever be anything...whoever claims HS ,just let it go.and go get an education or something.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 6, 2012
Forget horseshet. Its all about varrio pico internet aye. VPI is as strong as ever ese and so deadly aye, we are invisible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pico Rivera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two men arrested after pursuit from Buena Park ... 1 hr WereAllNazis 1
making money online - tips and suggestions (Jun '12) 2 hr sunny 16
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... 3 hr Rkrlou13 8
Rumor or Truth - The Tuttle wants to be City Ma... 5 hr John Juan 8
Does tuttle turd have a man crush? 5 hr Sheila Ann 1
50 Worst Cities to Live In 6 hr Gene 1
City Attorney Tafoya said Pacheco tried to stop... 6 hr DF Pacheco Failure 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pico Rivera Mortgages