Scouting’s suicide

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#41 Feb 1, 2013
Yes it definitely exists, tip and George. There was a HUGE case of that happening where I grew up in Toledo a number of years ago. The Blade reported on it until the Diocese of Toledo relented. Google Dave Yonke, you'll find the stories. Horrible, horrible, horrible case of young girls being sexually abused as well as a nun.

Sexual abuse and pedophilia are not limited to homosexuality.

Also, keep in mind, that pedophilia does not exist in the priesthood (or any other religious role) statistically more often than in any other profession (say among factory workers, engineers, etc). Walt proves that one, the little creep! Mental illness or personality disorders or whatever they're categorized as, are equal opportunity problems.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#42 Feb 1, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
Yes it definitely exists, tip and George. There was a HUGE case of that happening where I grew up in Toledo a number of years ago. The Blade reported on it until the Diocese of Toledo relented. Google Dave Yonke, you'll find the stories. Horrible, horrible, horrible case of young girls being sexually abused as well as a nun.
Sexual abuse and pedophilia are not limited to homosexuality.
Also, keep in mind, that pedophilia does not exist in the priesthood (or any other religious role) statistically more often than in any other profession (say among factory workers, engineers, etc). Walt proves that one, the little creep! Mental illness or personality disorders or whatever they're categorized as, are equal opportunity problems.
The Catholic-bashers like Che hate hearing the truth about the percentages of priests being the same as the general population.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#43 Feb 1, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
...Also, keep in mind, that pedophilia does not exist in the priesthood (or any other religious role) statistically more often than in any other profession (say among factory workers, engineers, etc). Walt proves that one, the little creep! Mental illness or personality disorders or whatever they're categorized as, are equal opportunity problems.
Yes...but predators tend to gravitate toward careers where the prey is readily available.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#44 Feb 1, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic-bashers like Che hate hearing the truth about the percentages of priests being the same as the general population.
Always amazes me how those who accuse other of hate can sweepingly state their perceptions as fact...

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#45 Feb 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...but predators tend to gravitate toward careers where the prey is readily available.
Very true. Schoolteachers come to mind. In public schools, where no religion may exist...

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#46 Feb 1, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. Schoolteachers come to mind. In public schools, where no religion may exist...
Except Islam...

Fury is brewing at Rocky Mountain High School, in Colorado, after a multicultural student group were encouraged to recite the Pledge of Allegiance over the loudspeaker in Arabic - replacing 'one nation under God' with 'one nation under Allah'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22709...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#47 Feb 1, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely...and now, sadly...the BSA.

http://www.wnyc.org/blogs/wnyc-news-blog/2011...

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#48 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Except Islam...
Fury is brewing at Rocky Mountain High School, in Colorado, after a multicultural student group were encouraged to recite the Pledge of Allegiance over the loudspeaker in Arabic - replacing 'one nation under God' with 'one nation under Allah'.
Takes the UK media to bring some serious insanities here to light, doesn't it?

Defining statement in that article for me:

"Students at the school rushed to the classmates defence, keen to highlight the motto of the Cultural Arms Club which seeks to 'destroy the barriers, embrace the cultures.'"

I have no problem with being tolerant of other cultures. But what these uber liberals keep forgetting is that a country's culture is what unites a nation. With all this freakin' attention being paid to the US requiring us to "embrace the cultures" is no wonder we have a dysfunctional government and society. It's un-PC to have a national culture for the US. Nuts I say!!
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#49 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>An exceedingly high number of them are Eagle Scouts, from the inception of NASA to this day.
What's your point?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#50 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Liar.
I know you are, but what am I?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#52 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
That Scouting has produced exceptional people.
I know that kills you...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#53 Feb 1, 2013
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
My son is an Eagle Scout, He is not gay.
You don't know that.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#54 Feb 1, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes the UK media to bring some serious insanities here to light, doesn't it?
Defining statement in that article for me:
"Students at the school rushed to the classmates defence, keen to highlight the motto of the Cultural Arms Club which seeks to 'destroy the barriers, embrace the cultures.'"
I have no problem with being tolerant of other cultures. But what these uber liberals keep forgetting is that a country's culture is what unites a nation. With all this freakin' attention being paid to the US requiring us to "embrace the cultures" is no wonder we have a dysfunctional government and society. It's un-PC to have a national culture for the US. Nuts I say!!
Spot on. And true, the British press has done our side some tremendous favors over the years.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#56 Feb 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And where the powers that be will move them around to find new prey.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#57 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>The Catholic-bashers like Che hate hearing the truth about the percentages of priests being the same as the general population.
In the general population, the get prosecuted. In the Catholic Church they get transferred to a new flock of victims.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#58 Feb 1, 2013
It always amazes me that people like you can't understand that justified anger properly directed at those criminals who covered for child molesters is not "Catholic bashing".

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#59 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Except Islam...
What's the problem with that? Why is "Under God" different than "Under Allah?"
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#60 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>That Scouting has produced exceptional people.
I know that kills you...
What about being gay excludes them form being exceptional?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#61 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that.
You obviously have no kids.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#62 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What about being gay excludes them form being exceptional?
You were the one who said all the Eagle Scouts you met were gay. Basically, I was taking a roundabout way of making you look like the fool you are.
Mission accomplished.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickerington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I (was a lifer) am a Dem and I’m Voting for Tru... 3 hr voteyourConscience 21
Is FrankIin Property Tax Treasurer Delaying Pay... 4 hr Sara 14
News Residents on alert with mass shooting suspect a... 5 hr WildLifeLover 241
Congratulations, Cleveland.. 7 hr Male 22
Melania Trump Speech 8 hr They cannot kill ... 131
"Lock Her Up" 9 hr Hillary S Gunt 13
Mystery surrounds sources of many Bill Clinton ... 10 hr Duke for Mayor 41

Pickerington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance