Charles Barkley Talks Guns With Bob C...

Charles Barkley Talks Guns With Bob Costas

Posted in the Pickerington Forum

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Reacting to Bob Costas’ controversial halftime gun control lecture on Sunday night, retired NBA all-star Charles Barkley said he carries “a real gun” because he feels “safer with it.”

Barkley, appearing on “Costas Tonight,” said he doesn’t think the nation has a “gun culture” but rather a “crime culture” especially “in the black community.”

“You know, we as black people always, we don’t have respect for one another. You know, we’ve got more black men in prison than we do in college and crime in our neighborhoods is running rampant,” Barkley said.“And I know everybody reacts when something like the Belcher thing happens, but being black, this is something you deal with all the time. And it’s just sad. I’m a guy, I carry a gun. I carry a gun.”

Costas then pointed out that Barkley lives in Arizona where he can “legally carry a gun.”

“Even when I lived in Philadelphia, I’ve had a gun, I’ve carried a gun in my car every year in my life since I was 21, 22. Never had to use it,” Barkley added.

“Are you packing right now?” Costas asked jokingly.“Just being sure.”

“No, no no. I can beat you and John,” the Hall-of-Famer replied.

Like many responsible gun owners, Barkley went on to explain that he hopes he never has to use his gun, but having it makes him feel “safer” and gives him a “sense of peace.”

“I just feel safer with it because we have jocks who get robbed all the time,” he said.“Road rage and things like that, I feel a sense of peace when I have it when me. But it would take extreme circumstances for me to even touch it.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/charles-barkl...
Cleavon Hilliard

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Yawn. More boring crap from Mr. Cut & Paste.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#3 Dec 5, 2012
Cleavon Hilliard wrote:
Sir Charles is never boring.
Malcom Z

Dublin, OH

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Sir Charles is never boring.
Wee Cleavon is always boring.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Malcom Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Wee Cleavon is always boring.
What does that say about your attraction to my posts?
Malcom Z

Dublin, OH

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Reacting to Bob Costas’

BLAH BLAH BLAH

ould take extreme circumstances for me to even touch it.”
I love the original thought and all time ye puts into writing these masterpieces of observations on the state of your navel.

This obsessive cut and paste fetish must be a side effect of his barrage of anti-psychotic medications.

Cleavon, you are the idiot savant of all of Topix.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Malcom Z wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the original thought and all time ye puts into writing these masterpieces of observations on the state of your navel.
This obsessive cut and paste fetish must be a side effect of his barrage of anti-psychotic medications.
Cleavon, you are the idiot savant of all of Topix.
Now who is cutting and pasting?
Spookishere F trolls

Taylor, MI

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Reacting to Bob Costas’ controversial halftime gun control lecture on Sunday night, retired NBA all-star Charles Barkley said he carries “a real gun” because he feels “safer with it.”
Barkley, appearing on “Costas Tonight,” said he doesn’t think the nation has a “gun culture” but rather a “crime culture” especially “in the black community.”
“You know, we as black people always, we don’t have respect for one another. You know, we’ve got more black men in prison than we do in college and crime in our neighborhoods is running rampant,” Barkley said.“And I know everybody reacts when something like the Belcher thing happens, but being black, this is something you deal with all the time. And it’s just sad. I’m a guy, I carry a gun. I carry a gun.”
Costas then pointed out that Barkley lives in Arizona where he can “legally carry a gun.”
“Even when I lived in Philadelphia, I’ve had a gun, I’ve carried a gun in my car every year in my life since I was 21, 22. Never had to use it,” Barkley added.
“Are you packing right now?” Costas asked jokingly.“Just being sure.”
“No, no no. I can beat you and John,” the Hall-of-Famer replied.
Like many responsible gun owners, Barkley went on to explain that he hopes he never has to use his gun, but having it makes him feel “safer” and gives him a “sense of peace.”
“I just feel safer with it because we have jocks who get robbed all the time,” he said.“Road rage and things like that, I feel a sense of peace when I have it when me. But it would take extreme circumstances for me to even touch it.”
I like Barkley. Don't always agree with him but he doesn't candy coat things.
skeeter

United States

#11 Dec 6, 2012
I'll feel safe when only the police and criminals are armed.

Liberal logic 101. Aka cowardly mangina communist drones.

Costas said he'd rather lay on this belly and beg for his life then have a gun and try and defend himself and those around him.

It's a good thing we don't need bob to defend America or we would all being speaking Russian.
Telgin

Valley City, OH

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Cleavon Hilliard wrote:
The article must have been too long for you to read and comprehend.
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#13 Dec 6, 2012
I just started having more respect for mr Barkley.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#15 Dec 6, 2012
They're right that young athletes (or young people in general) being armed is somewhat scary. But the solution is more mentoring by older people so that the young guns learn how to talk their problems out instead of pulling a piece as the first response to being dissed.

Gun control doesn't work. Never has, never will.
Cleavon Hilliard

Columbus, OH

#17 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>What does that say about your attraction to my posts?
Majority Fools

Dublin, OH

#19 Dec 6, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up and register. And make some legitimate arguments.
Being a registered fool has no legitimacy. Reference your posts for the last four years, George imposter.
George Jefferson Hilliard

Dublin, OH

#21 Dec 6, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Not been here that long.
Liar

Dublin, OH

#23 Dec 6, 2012
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that I was here in 2008
You are dumber than dirt... radioactive dirt

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#24 Dec 6, 2012
George Jefferson Hilliard wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumber than dirt... radioactive dirt
That's troll-speak for "I'm an envious, angry little kid who can't refute a single thing my betters present in their posts."

Dublin, OH

#25 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>That's troll-speak for "I'm an envious, angry little kid who can't refute a single thing my betters present in their posts."
You are your own self-refutation... ad nauseum.
Brotato

Van Wert, OH

#27 Dec 6, 2012
Bob Costas is living proof of how mentally weak, and inept liberals are as human beings. He doesn't have hardly any problems in the world, because he's protected by bodyguards. Since when do you see that measly turd Costas engaging in every day living alone? Since when do you see this Barry Soetoro schmoozer eating out at a commoner's burger king? Or shopping alone at a Easton, or colony square mall type of establishment? Costas, the measly turd lives high on a rich white-guilt ridden liberal hog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickerington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Has Happened To America? 21 min Male 112
News Horse, rider die after collision with car | The... (Nov '09) 26 min Jason Marsh 260
Investigate the DOJ and FBI 32 min Enter Username 29
DC Scandal is about to blow wide open 37 min Male 9
President Obama Wanted the Newly Elected Senato... 50 min They cannot kill ... 2
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 3 hr Free 319
Trump Name on Flawed Building,no. Flawed Tax pl... 3 hr Reality Speaks 2

Pickerington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pickerington Mortgages