Can you believe he said

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- President Barack Obama said he loves football but thinks the sport should "probably change gradually" so that there are fewer concussions, particularly at the college level.

"I'm a big football fan, but I have to tell you if I had a son, I'd have to think long and hard before I let him play football," Obama said in a wide-ranging interview with The New Republic magazine published early on Sunday on its website.

Football is America's most popular televised sport, an industry worth $9 billion a year. But in recent years, suicides by brain-injured players and lawsuits from their families have raised concerns about the impact of repeated concussions.

In the interview, Obama was asked how he squares his love of the game with rising awareness of the impact of repeated head injuries on football players.

"I think that those of us who love the sport are going to have to wrestle with the fact that it will probably change gradually to try to reduce some of the violence," Obama said.

"In some cases, that may make it a little bit less exciting, but it will be a whole lot better for the players, and those of us who are fans maybe won't have to examine our consciences quite as much," Obama said.

Obama said he is "more worried about college players" than those in the National Football League who he noted are represented by a union and are "well-compensated" for the hits they take.

"You read some of these stories about college players who undergo some of these same problems with concussions and so forth and then have nothing to fall back on. That's something that I'd like to see the NCAA think about," he said, referring to the National Collegiate Athletic Association, which runs college sports.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

If Obama had a son.http://www.youtube.com/wat ch?v=0ya3w-rH4Fw
kmh

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My bet is that Hilary has a bigger dick than this puke!
REPORTED
Dog the Cat Hunter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Replace footballs with cats.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Hmmm next he will be wanting to pay college football players.
Telgin

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED
Mommy, Mommy, Billy said poopy in the pants to me....
Sheeeee ut

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Now the idiot libs and Democrats are going to tear down another American favorite, football.

Keep voting Democrat you morons.
Just Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Telgin wrote:
<quoted text>Mommy, Mommy, Billy said poopy in the pants to me....
I know
I need my mouth washed out with soap!

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED
Grow up
Wah wah wahhhh!

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Football is too viowent ....

Wah Wah wahhhhhh!!

Idiot Libs
just sayin

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My bet is that Hilary has a bigger dick than this puke!
An amoeba has one bigger than yours.
Statistics that speak

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Football is fine but there is a violent demographic that needs to be less violent:

FBI Uniform Crime Report

The FBI Uniform Crime Report (also available at the FBI site listed above) makes a number of disturbing points: In 1995, Blacks accounted for 13% of the population; Amerinds for 2%, and Mexicans, Whites and all others (the FBI even includes Arabs as Whites) 85%. If the races were equal in their criminal behavior, then it could reasonably be expected that for any given category of crime, 85% of those arrested would be White and 13% of those arrested would be Black.

But that is not what is found in the FBI Uniform Crime Report.

Under the crime of burglary, 30.4% of arrestees are Black and 67.8% are White. The Black burglary rate 30.4 over 13, divided by the White burglary rate of 67.8 over 85, gives a figure of 2.93.

If these arrest records accurately record the commission of burglaries, that means that Blacks commit burglary at almost 3 times the rate of Whites.

Using the same methodology, the figures other crimes can also be broken down:

* Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;
* Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;
* Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;
* Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;
* Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;
* Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;
* Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;
* Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;
* Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;
* For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Does who says it matter

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Sheeeee ut wrote:
Now the idiot libs and Democrats are going to tear down another American favorite, football.
Keep voting Democrat you morons.
How can a violent sport not be violent?

Obama knows nothing about America.

Liberals ruin everything they touch.
hey now now

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Since when did the sh^tstain obama ever provide proof of his intelligence that indicates he's not just some sh^tstain shooting his mouth off? He's a filthy kenyan fly catcher.
OTw 2000

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Why is Obama talking football when he has so many other things he wants to destroy in this country with the help of liberal traitors, communists and anarchists.
Pam

Plain City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OTw 2000 wrote:
Why is Obama talking football when he has so many other things he wants to destroy in this country with the help of liberal traitors, communists and anarchists.
Liberals are after the Boy Scouts, assault weapons, football, morality and family values. There is nothing that liberals don't want to change, for the worst.
Beware enemy within

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals are after the Boy Scouts, assault weapons, football, morality and family values. There is nothing that liberals don't want to change, for the worst.
You are 100% right Pam.

Liberals want to punish Conservative White heterosexual Males and we must fight back before it is too late. Going after the Boy Scouts shows that liberals are after our children.
Super Bowl XLVII

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Some Football Bowls games Pro & College games should be played like REAL Football games! Up North in States/cities that has winter temps, NO dome stadiums either. All this whoop whoop about the Super Bowl being in Miami & New O'Leans for 10 years each is a bunch of bullcrap. Those states/cities up North could use the extra income from these events.
Drug Free Sports

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Super Bowl XLVII wrote:
Some Football Bowls games Pro & College games should be played like REAL Football games! Up North in States/cities that has winter temps, NO dome stadiums either. All this whoop whoop about the Super Bowl being in Miami & New O'Leans for 10 years each is a bunch of bullcrap. Those states/cities up North could use the extra income from these events.
Every player in Pro or College Sports should be Drug Tested before allowed to play. This would keep others from being hurt. If your going to go after certain Bassball players cause they broke a home run or batting record, you need it to test others too, Lance Armstrong wasn't the only biker to take inhancement drugs in that bike race.

“Summertime in Dixie”

Since: Jan 13

The land of TACKLE football

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Drug Free Sports wrote:
<quoted text>
Every player in Pro or College Sports should be Drug Tested before allowed to play. This would keep others from being hurt. If your going to go after certain Bassball players cause they broke a home run or batting record, you need it to test others too, Lance Armstrong wasn't the only biker to take inhancement drugs in that bike race.
I don't want to accuse anyone of using steroids when they didn't but long term use of these drugs causes severe depression and other mental issues. Suicide and doping effects may be the cause of some of the suicides by former pro ball players.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Pickerington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pickerington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••