Pickerington dismisses economic devel...

Pickerington dismisses economic development director Crotty

There are 24 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from Mar 23, 2011, titled Pickerington dismisses economic development director Crotty. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

The city of Pickerington this week dismissed economic-development services director Susan Crotty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Real Truth

Wapakoneta, OH

#21 Mar 30, 2011
Pickerington business people are saying Crotty was the victim of Violet Township's Trustees and their City Council couterparts. And that was all Vance needed to dismiss her. I hope Crotty challenges this and This Week and The Dispatch question Council and the Trustees. There's a story here. And a victim of dirty politics, jealosuy, lies and arrogance by Concil and the Trustees.
bill

Delaware, OH

#22 Mar 31, 2011
I see that they plan a nationwide search to find a new development director. Clearly that will cost money and I pity the fool that accepts the job. As we read almost daily of jobs going to places like Dublin and New Albany these clowns think that have the amenities to attract jobs like these other central Ohio cities have been doing. One only has to look at the incentives and Pickerington will never be able to offer anything close to the competition. Just to get Bob Evans to move from Columbus to New Albany they provided around $13 Million. That is twice the Pickerington city general fund budget. The fools on the Pickerington city council are being played like a cheap banjo by the township trustees. No matter how many times they are told that they continue to fall prey to the cheap politics. I am sure this council will screw things up and then move on. I can’t wait for that day. The trustees will get old and die I doubt anyone has the ability to challenge them.
Important

Bayside, NY

#23 Apr 6, 2011
bill wrote:
I see that the President of the council stands behind the firing. He is 100% behind this Tryant. So if there are any questions about where the council stands on thismatter we now know. The mayor hasn't said anything.
It is important to read the fact the Mayor "hasn't said anything".
Since the City charter was revised to place the Mayor over the Manager it is safe to say the Manager HAD to have the Mayor's blessing before taking this action. Take the time to read the charter and the Council's minutes of the meeting where they aproved the new revised charter. You will see this chicken Mayor knew what was happening and just sat with tight lips.
Former Employee

United States

#24 Nov 6, 2011
As a former employee of the town of Lady Lake, I can say that Mr Vance was not the problem. He was always courteous and respectful, knew everyone's name, and always greeted you when you passed. The problem in Lady Lake is the incompetent commissioners who run for office to stroke their own egos not for the public good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickerington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump ahead in 3 swing states... 10 min know what i mean ... 10
News Woman pleads guilty to stealing from residents ... 1 hr STOP means STOP 4
How Wild Is Duke In The Sack? 1 hr Catman Dave 3
Free beer for all Hillary supporters 2 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Gennifer Flowers Will Be At The Presidential De... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 1
How wild is Seriouslady in the sack? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 33
GlitterSucks Autopsy Results 2 hr deez nutz 1

Pickerington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance