Hostess donut replacement suggestions

Posted in the Pickerington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oliver

Blacklick, OH

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Sunday morning without little powdered sugar donuts?

Oh, the humanity!

Who else makes lpsd's, waxy-chocolate donuts and the like?

Nichols?

Entenmanns?

There is no reason to panic!

If we work together and pool our intel we can get through this, people.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#2 Nov 18, 2012
Little Debbie, not quite the same, but passable. Much better to hit up your corner donut shop.
Oliver

Blacklick, OH

#4 Nov 18, 2012
UPDATE: I saw bags of little Krispy Kreme chocolate donuts in Kroger this afternoon. Alternatives are out there. I sense a comparison test coming in the near future. Hope our Mr. Coffee is up to the challenge.
Spookstillhere f trolls

Taylor, MI

#5 Nov 18, 2012
rowdy01 wrote:
Little Debbie, not quite the same, but passable. Much better to hit up your corner donut shop.
Sold out. Cops running Sunday Morning speed traps bought them all. Had to go to Tim Hortens

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Spookstillhere f trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Sold out. Cops running Sunday Morning speed traps bought them all. Had to go to Tim Hortens
I used to stop at Timmy's when I was going to work at 3 am, But its a poor excuse for Starbucks. Haven't been there since April. baahahahahaha
Spookstillhere f trolls

Taylor, MI

#7 Nov 18, 2012
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to stop at Timmy's when I was going to work at 3 am, But its a poor excuse for Starbucks. Haven't been there since April. baahahahahaha
I am too cheap to buy Starbucks. Like Enzyte Bob Speedway coffee beats all others for price/size and flavor choices. Dark roast or if brewed at home Italian Roast
Spookstillhere f trolls

Taylor, MI

#8 Nov 18, 2012
Oliver wrote:
UPDATE: I saw bags of little Krispy Kreme chocolate donuts in Kroger this afternoon. Alternatives are out there. I sense a comparison test coming in the near future. Hope our Mr. Coffee is up to the challenge.
Not a fan of day old Krispy Kreme doughnuts . There used to be two old women that opened a doughnut shop in an old Taco Bell along Memorial Dr. Lancaster. They had the best doughnuts fresh or.even after a couple of days.
Enzyte Bob

Powell, OH

#9 Nov 18, 2012
Oliver wrote:
Sunday morning without little powdered sugar donuts?
Oh, the humanity!
Who else makes lpsd's, waxy-chocolate donuts and the like?
Nichols?
Entenmanns?
There is no reason to panic!
If we work together and pool our intel we can get through this, people.
Kroger makes Kroger brand pastries you can get in the store or at Turkey Hill. Not bad and far cheaper than Hostess.
notlocal

AOL

#10 Nov 18, 2012
We can replace donuts. Who is going to replace the 18,000 jobs and probably another 10,000 jobs that Hostess supported?

They won't be buying anymore ingredients or packing or shipping anything.

I mean, everyone who worked for Hostess USED to have wages going back into the economy and taxes into the federal coffers.

This closing will be far reaching.
Woohoo

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 18, 2012
Just in case Hostess decided to fold, last Monday I bought 20 boxes of Twinkies at $5 a box. Total cost $100.

Just sold all 20 boxes on ebay for $2000. Total profit $1900.

Thank you Hostess!
Enzyte Bob

Powell, OH

#12 Nov 18, 2012
notlocal wrote:
We can replace donuts. Who is going to replace the 18,000 jobs and probably another 10,000 jobs that Hostess supported?
They won't be buying anymore ingredients or packing or shipping anything.
I mean, everyone who worked for Hostess USED to have wages going back into the economy and taxes into the federal coffers.
This closing will be far reaching.
But the issue here is still the same issue that bankrupted EVERY SINGLE union-controlled industry, and it has nothing to do with robber barons or the 1%. Basically, the problem is and always will be the fact that there simply isn't enough money to pay people to sit around and do nothing.

As long as somebody is doing something for you, you can afford to pay them. The minute someone becomes idle, whether because of work rules, or because the union lets them eff off, or because of the "it's not my job" mentality, or because some union goon thinks the company should pay him to be retired for 30 years, there is simply not enough money in the system to be able to afford this.

That's what you see know with all the upside down government pensions. And that's what unions don't seem to get.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#13 Nov 18, 2012
Woohoo wrote:
Just in case Hostess decided to fold, last Monday I bought 20 boxes of Twinkies at $5 a box. Total cost $100.
Just sold all 20 boxes on ebay for $2000. Total profit $1900.
Thank you Hostess!
Isn't ebay wonderful?
Enzyte Bob

Powell, OH

#14 Nov 18, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't ebay wonderful?
Aren't people stupid?
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#15 Nov 18, 2012
A replacement? Easy,..ON 2, Scattered, covered, chunked, capped, diced and topped.
Beside that, I was tired of seeing fat families carrying handfuls of them to the counter anyway.
proud latino

Westcliffe, CO

#16 Nov 18, 2012
Don't worry MEXICAN BINBO will buy them out and they will put the people back to work.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#17 Nov 18, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't people stupid?
Yes,but I have got very many great deals on ebay just by looking for the ones that have no idea what they are selling and what the item is really worth.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#18 Nov 18, 2012
sidekick wrote:
A replacement? Easy,..ON 2, Scattered, covered, chunked, capped, diced and topped.
Beside that, I was tired of seeing fat families carrying handfuls of them to the counter anyway.
I love Waffle House.Just ate there 2 days ago and the food was perfect.The one by me really has their crap together.
notlocal

AOL

#19 Nov 18, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
But the issue here is still the same issue that bankrupted EVERY SINGLE union-controlled industry, and it has nothing to do with robber barons or the 1%. Basically, the problem is and always will be the fact that there simply isn't enough money to pay people to sit around and do nothing.
As long as somebody is doing something for you, you can afford to pay them. The minute someone becomes idle, whether because of work rules, or because the union lets them eff off, or because of the "it's not my job" mentality, or because some union goon thinks the company should pay him to be retired for 30 years, there is simply not enough money in the system to be able to afford this.
That's what you see know with all the upside down government pensions. And that's what unions don't seem to get.
Bob, you're totally correct and I don't know why the union workers don't catch on that the union bosses and arbitrators are (1) making huge salaries and stealing from pension funds and (2) losing work for them.

But the die hard dem union employees, many in my family, will never change their thinking.

A refinery close to me was union. Everybody showed up for work one morning in 2009 and the gates were locked, state cops on duty, the refinery was closed and had been sold. No notice.

It stood idle, except for miminal maintenance, for almost two years, then reopened, non-union. They called back the employees they wanted, if they were willing to work non-union, and most went back happily.

So that was 600 locals out of work for two years. And other businesses around here suffered or closed.

We rode by there last night and my husband was pointing out a new, shiny 'cracker' and said how much it must have cost. I just replied, "yes, and you can bet all that steel came from China." We do it to ourselves.
Enzyte Bob

Powell, OH

#21 Nov 18, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>

We rode by there last night and my husband was pointing out a new, shiny 'cracker' and said how much it must have cost. I just replied, "yes, and you can bet all that steel came from China." We do it to ourselves.
I am all for people being paid as much as they can get, but they also have to be realistic. The only pension you're going to have is if you put away the money yourself.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#22 Nov 18, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I am all for people being paid as much as they can get, but they also have to be realistic. The only pension you're going to have is if you put away the money yourself.
You are right Bob. I have 401k, company pension, an annuity and social security to fall back on. In the not too distant future, and some companies have started already, it will all be 401k (instead of company retirement programs), with a very meager matching contribution from the company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickerington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Hit Philadelphia's Steamy Streets to ... 28 min Zoe Regen 10
Another Liberal Failure: Explosive device goes... 30 min Zoe Regen 1
Australia boycott Rio athletes village, 'not sa... 2 hr Posting as myself 1
News Manure expo coming to London - 5:14 pm updated: 2 hr Free Pizza 4 U 11
Crooked Hillarybilly 3 hr Free Pizza 4 U 6
Wasserman Schultz to step down amid uproar over... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 3
Wikileaks Shows DNC Colluding With CBS News 4 hr d pants 11

Pickerington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance