created by: gokeefe | Nov 17, 2012

Columbus, OH

36 votes

Has Topix gone to hell in a handbasket?

Click on an option to vote

• No, it's my daily playground.
  • Yes, get rid of Big Johnson and we'll be good.
  • I don't care. I'm going to hell anyway.
  • Ouch, my burning eyes and ears. I'm a Puritan!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#125 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
You've really got to get that modesty under control. You can't get anywhere in life if you keep holding back. You've got to toot your own horn and brag about yourself now & then! C'mon, you can do it...
What's wrong with tooting your own horn? If you can't, who's gonna know what you can do? I'm smart, I happy to admit it, do pretty well for myself. And you? Cesspool of negativity attacking others? Not attractive...

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#126 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>The important thing is being happy and healthy. Nothing else comes close.
Well right now I am happy and resonably healthy but I think that is going to end soon.I just dont know how I made it this far.I am just going to think that my dad"god rest his soul" is up there looking over me.Thats the only explaination I can come up with as to why I'm still alive.

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#127 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>The important thing is being happy and healthy. Nothing else comes close.
Maybe it ties in to the happy part but laughing often seems to have worked quite well for me.
breaker breaker one nine

Columbus, OH

#128 Nov 18, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>But if their is a nuclear blast wouldn't everybody that wasn't in a bunker be dead anyway?
The end of the Cold War greatly reduced the threat of a massive "Doomsday" nuclear attack. However, one of the greatest threats is considered to be a nuclear weapon launched by a terrorist or rogue state and detonated at sub-orbital attitude high above the continental U.S. Due to the altitude, there would be negligable blast effect to the surface below it but the EMP effect would be widespread and catastrophic on a national level. All forms of powered transportation exposed to EMP would cease to operate... millions of vehicles on the roads, trains, subways, etc. Airliners flying within airspace affected by the EMP would suddenly become powerless. The casualties resulting from thousands of car accidents and hundreds if not thousands of plane crashes would be unprecedented. Nationwide power grids would fail and likely remain down for years because replacement parts and backup generators would also be damaged by EMP. Communications would be in total disarray due to fried equipment and no power supply. The economy would quickly collapse and the government would ultimately lose control as millions of people go into survival mode. This scenario is freely available from other sources on the internet by searching for "EMP threat". Similar EMP risks are posed from space in the form of severe solar flares and geomagnetic storms.

Sorry Boomer7... point is disqualified.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#129 Nov 18, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with tooting your own horn? If you can't, who's gonna know what you can do? I'm smart, I happy to admit it, do pretty well for myself. And you? Cesspool of negativity attacking others? Not attractive...
Good for you! There you go! THAT is how you show confidence! Toot that horn! Bang that drum! Me a cesspool of negativity? Last night I wished everyone peaceful rest. First thing this morning I wished everyone a great day. I've been doing nothing but praising and encouraging others throughout the day! Gosh I'm mortified to know my efforts aren't appreciated but I'll strive to elevate myself to your level!

Weetle Cweavon

Columbus, OH

#130 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! There you go! THAT is how you show confidence! Toot that horn! Bang that drum! Me a cesspool of negativity? Last night I wished everyone peaceful rest. First thing this morning I wished everyone a great day. I've been doing nothing but praising and encouraging others throughout the day! Gosh I'm mortified to know my efforts aren't appreciated but I'll strive to elevate myself to your level!
You're dealing with the Columbus Clique. While you may look like a jackass, you have to act like one before you'll be accepted into their inner sanctum. I've been trying but I guess I have to try harder.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#131 Nov 18, 2012
breaker breaker one nine wrote:
<quoted text>The end of the Cold War greatly reduced the threat of a massive "Doomsday" nuclear attack. However, one of the greatest threats is considered to be a nuclear weapon launched by a terrorist or rogue state and detonated at sub-orbital attitude high above the continental U.S. Due to the altitude, there would be negligable blast effect to the surface below it but the EMP effect would be widespread and catastrophic on a national level. All forms of powered transportation exposed to EMP would cease to operate... millions of vehicles on the roads, trains, subways, etc. Airliners flying within airspace affected by the EMP would suddenly become powerless. The casualties resulting from thousands of car accidents and hundreds if not thousands of plane crashes would be unprecedented. Nationwide power grids would fail and likely remain down for years because replacement parts and backup generators would also be damaged by EMP. Communications would be in total disarray due to fried equipment and no power supply. The economy would quickly collapse and the government would ultimately lose control as millions of people go into survival mode. This scenario is freely available from other sources on the internet by searching for "EMP threat". Similar EMP risks are posed from space in the form of severe solar flares and geomagnetic storms.

Sorry Boomer7... point is disqualified.
You must be a doomsday prepper!
Point stands!!!!!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#132 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you! There you go! THAT is how you show confidence! Toot that horn! Bang that drum! Me a cesspool of negativity? Last night I wished everyone peaceful rest. First thing this morning I wished everyone a great day. I've been doing nothing but praising and encouraging others throughout the day! Gosh I'm mortified to know my efforts aren't appreciated but I'll strive to elevate myself to your level!
GK, George, Glitter, et al; you guys know your elements and you rock!
Dave, all eights to you! I think that means be okay..,
just sayin

Columbus, OH

#133 Nov 18, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a doomsday prepper!
Point stands!!!!!
Doomsday preppers are nutcases. Breaker sounds pretty sane to me.

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#135 Nov 18, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is wrong with it. When you do I admire you even more, and I know how little that means to you. Nonetheless I admire you yet a bit more.
Columbus, OH

#138 Nov 19, 2012
Wittle Cweavon wrote:
Where my daddy Cleavon Little?
i hope hes ok maybe having a bit of trouble logging onto topix
Johnson Maximus

Columbus, OH

#139 Nov 19, 2012
karma wrote:
<quoted text>
i hope hes ok maybe having a bit of trouble logging onto topix
Maybe he had to go to the ER because he said something nice and his whole face cramped up.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#140 Nov 19, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
I love to read. Except when it means some blah blah post by Reader, just puts me to sleep.
Seriously? I hope you are on your way to my house to clean up the spew from my nose and mouth due to laughter. Hilarious GiGi

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#141 Nov 19, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is wrong with it. When you do I admire you even more, and I know how little that means to you. Nonetheless I admire you yet a bit more.
Gokeefe is a good soul. You're not so bad either Kos...
notlocal

AOL

#142 Nov 19, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
I love to read. Except when it means some blah blah post by Reader, just puts me to sleep.
Ditto. Better than melatonin.
notlocal

AOL

#143 Nov 19, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Well right now I am happy and resonably healthy but I think that is going to end soon.I just dont know how I made it this far.I am just going to think that my dad"god rest his soul" is up there looking over me.Thats the only explaination I can come up with as to why I'm still alive.
You don't need an explanation, only a reason. You still have work to do here, therefore, you're not checking out on us soon.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#144 Nov 19, 2012
Cleavon Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't happen to poke into Topix early in the morning. So if I missed a positive post from you, then my apologies. If I miss something on Topix, I'm not worried about it. Not the sum of life for me.

But it does seem to me, in a mortifying way, that your main purpose here is just to negatively attack George. You do sound like a political commercial. Even during the campaign, I turned 'em off. Gosh, I'm so underwhelmed by the trolls that come here to attack specific posters.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#145 Nov 19, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto. Better than melatonin.
Yeah, but not as fun as a good glass of Cabernet or Zinfandel...

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#146 Nov 19, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't happen to poke into Topix early in the morning. So if I missed a positive post from you, then my apologies. If I miss something on Topix, I'm not worried about it. Not the sum of life for me.
But it does seem to me, in a mortifying way, that your main purpose here is just to negatively attack George. You do sound like a political commercial. Even during the campaign, I turned 'em off. Gosh, I'm so underwhelmed by the trolls that come here to attack specific posters.
Thats why they make dvd's.Wonderful things in times of bad tv.
notlocal

AOL

#147 Nov 19, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but not as fun as a good glass of Cabernet or Zinfandel...
Excellent point. Hand me the Zinf...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickerington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's talk turkey about Ohio's vultures | The C... (Dec '09) 13 min They cannot kill ... 10
where is George of Hilliard? 36 min They cannot kill ... 18
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 49 min Huh 2,429
big lots distibution center 54 min They cannot kill ... 2
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 315
Palin: Brawl In The Family 2 hr My Turn 9
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr xxxrayted 30,959
•••
•••
•••

Pickerington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Pickerington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••