Has Topix gone to hell in a handbasket?

Has Topix gone to hell in a handbasket?

Created by gokeefe on Nov 17, 2012

36 votes

Click on an option to vote

No, it's my daily playground.

Yes, get rid of Big Johnson and we'll be good.

I don't care. I'm going to hell anyway.

Ouch, my burning eyes and ears. I'm a Puritan!

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#104 Nov 18, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! The 24th. We will be at an orphan party. More on that on a thread.
Thats my birthday too.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#105 Nov 18, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! The 24th. We will be at an orphan party. More on that on a thread.
Whoops wrong month.Sorry.
breaker breaker one nine

Columbus, OH

#106 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>There are ways around EMP. A Faraday Cage is one. Another is to own vintage equipment like an old Hallicrafters or Hammarlund.
You are indeed correct about older tube-type equipment being less susceptible to EMP than newer equipment fitted with integrated circuitry; however, a connected antenna and cable run can function as an EMP collector and electrical conductor to carry the electrical energy into the equipment. While equipment can be shielded from EMP with various methods both known and classified, the average ham radio operator isn't enclosed within a Farady Cage and his equipment isn't protected from the effects of an everyday geomagnetic storm much less EMP.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#107 Nov 18, 2012
breaker breaker one nine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are indeed correct about older tube-type equipment being less susceptible to EMP than newer equipment fitted with integrated circuitry; however, a connected antenna and cable run can function as an EMP collector and electrical conductor to carry the electrical energy into the equipment. While equipment can be shielded from EMP with various methods both known and classified, the average ham radio operator isn't enclosed within a Farady Cage and his equipment isn't protected from the effects of an everyday geomagnetic storm much less EMP.
But if their is a nuclear blast wouldn't everybody that wasn't in a bunker be dead anyway?

“Hey, Sarge!”

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#108 Nov 18, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Whoops wrong month.Sorry.
Which month bud?

“Hey, Sarge!”

The Milky Way

#109 Nov 18, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>But if their is a nuclear blast wouldn't everybody that wasn't in a bunker be dead anyway?
POINT!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#110 Nov 18, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.I never thought that I would make it this far.
50 is the new 40. I've tested the theory several times. Yup. It's true! But there were times I think I was lucky to get out alive, too...

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#111 Nov 18, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which month bud?
My birthday is next saturday.

“Hey, Sarge!”

The Milky Way

#112 Nov 18, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>50 is the new 40. I've tested the theory several times. Yup. It's true! But there were times I think I was lucky to get out alive, too...
60 will be the new forty! I am so knocking at that door!!!

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#113 Nov 18, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
50 is the new 40. I've tested the theory several times. Yup. It's true! But there were times I think I was lucky to get out alive, too...
You have probably been through some of the same crap that I have,but I will not divulge that here.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#114 Nov 18, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>You have probably been through some of the same crap that I have,but I will not divulge that here.
Perhaps. I just had ex with a bad ass attitude and bad company he kept. Wiped my hands clean of that sheet. Other than that, a couple of close calls on freeways over the years. Shudder to think... 1970 Fastback Mustang does not bode well on freeways in a blizzard--was thinking of that 1978 blizzard that hit the lakefront where I grew up. Yikes!!

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#115 Nov 18, 2012
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
60 will be the new forty! I am so knocking at that door!!!
You're only as old as you believe yourself to be!

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#116 Nov 18, 2012
But right now life is good and I am jammin to Jakyl live at the full throttle saloon 2003.Man,the miles that I drove listening to this band and Tesla too.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#117 Nov 18, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. I just had ex with a bad ass attitude and bad company he kept. Wiped my hands clean of that sheet. Other than that, a couple of close calls on freeways over the years. Shudder to think... 1970 Fastback Mustang does not bode well on freeways in a blizzard--was thinking of that 1978 blizzard that hit the lakefront where I grew up. Yikes!!
I lost my 1968 coronet 500 to the blizzard of 77.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#118 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>There are ways around EMP. A Faraday Cage is one. Another is to own vintage equipment like an old Hallicrafters or Hammarlund.
I'm most appreciative of Cleavon Little for taking his time to respond to each and every comment posted in order to share his infinite knowledge. He is the Alpha and the Omega. The First and the Last. The Beginning and the End. The Master of All Things. The King of Knowledge. The Wizard of Wisdom. The Top Dog. The Cat's Ass. The Sh!t. The Guiding Light in a Storm of Darkness. The Magnum Opus. The Infinite One. Holiest of Holies. Best of the Best. Grandest of the Grand. Highest of the High. Supremest of the Supreme. Mightiest of the Mighty. Strongest of the Strong. The One for Whom No Known Adjective is Worthy of Using.

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#120 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm most appreciative of Cleavon Little for taking his time to respond to each and every comment posted in order to share his infinite knowledge. He is the Alpha and the Omega. The First and the Last. The Beginning and the End. The Master of All Things. The King of Knowledge. The Wizard of Wisdom. The Top Dog. The Cat's Ass. The Sh!t. The Guiding Light in a Storm of Darkness. The Magnum Opus. The Infinite One. Holiest of Holies. Best of the Best. Grandest of the Grand. Highest of the High. Supremest of the Supreme. Mightiest of the Mighty. Strongest of the Strong. The One for Whom No Known Adjective is Worthy of Using.
It's called living a well rounded, intellectually curious life, getting a good education and a career that involves constant reading on a variety of subjects.
And it kills you when I'm right.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#121 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>It's called living a well rounded, intellectually curious life, getting a good education and a career that involves constant reading on a variety of subjects.
I wish my life was like that,but I still did ok and still am.

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#122 Nov 18, 2012
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I wish my life was like that,but I still did ok and still am.
The important thing is being happy and healthy. Nothing else comes close.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#123 Nov 18, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>It's called living a well rounded, intellectually curious life, getting a good education and a career that involves constant reading on a variety of subjects.
You've really got to get that modesty under control. You can't get anywhere in life if you keep holding back. You've got to toot your own horn and brag about yourself now & then! C'mon, you can do it...

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#124 Nov 18, 2012
I love to read. Except when it means some blah blah post by Reader, just puts me to sleep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickerington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are democrats creepy and losing voters? 2 min Duke for Mayor 17
Trump plans to Remove WH Press Corps, hide TRUTH 11 min jonjedi 303
Trump Accomplished In One Day What Barry and Mi... 29 min Duke for Mayor 13
New DemExit 31 min Duke for Mayor 3
100 Weird animals 33 min Duke for Mayor 15
More Fake News 35 min Free Pizza 4 U 127
Over/Under: How Long Until Sean Spicer Takes Me... 1 hr Big Johnson 5

Pickerington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance