Pickerington School Board Cuts Nearly...

Pickerington School Board Cuts Nearly 100 Jobs | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 189 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jan 25, 2011, titled Pickerington School Board Cuts Nearly 100 Jobs | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Pickerington schools announced Monday night that it approved $13 million in budget cuts that will include staff cuts, program reductions and extracurricular activities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
timeline

Logan, OH

#194 Jan 30, 2011
Kind of ironic wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine example at what happens to housing when you don't pass your levies. You get what you pay for folks.
What's funny is, you don't pass your levies, then you trash talk the neighborhoods that do by calling them snooty. Funny!
Those property values dropped long before the last levy failed. Blame those home values on the economy, not a failed levy.
willyjb1

Reynoldsburg, OH

#195 Jan 30, 2011
Athletic supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could just o the math. If your house is worth $300,000, simply multiply $20 x 3. That would make your tax increase with the new levy $60/ month.
You missed the point "Jockstrap". That 60 bucks we actually be something like 80 or more dollars a month!
American Idiot

Erie, PA

#196 Jan 31, 2011
housing market tanking wrote:
in response to glass house's first comment:
226 W Columbus appraised at $93,910
If you want sales:
349 Sheryl sold for $76,100 on 12/9/09
There is one on Stoudertown that sold for $55,000 in the past two years and there is a known drug house for sale on Long Road for $98,000. Check out the weekly sheriff sales lists. Great bargains if you want to be stuck in Pickerington years with low resale value. And I didn't even mention Park Place.
I'm still not advocating for higher taxes. Just wanted to show the sad state of the housing market in this district.
Can you try quoting some nice homes dumbo, not fix-uppers and sheriifs sales which are in every community. Your in Canal Winchester, home of the Dominion Homes Ghetto's. It's like Haiti with vinyl siding.
American Idiot

Erie, PA

#197 Jan 31, 2011
Kind of ironic wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine example at what happens to housing when you don't pass your levies. You get what you pay for folks.
What's funny is, you don't pass your levies, then you trash talk the neighborhoods that do by calling them snooty. Funny!
Whats even funnier is you're a retard who things the failed levy of two months ago has already affected home values.
Whats really funny is you are retarded to think that Dublin, Westerville, Hilliard, and New Albany-Plain have not had levies fail in the last decade. Are those suburbs all ghetto now? They all end up passing them the next time around. As will the Pickerington levy. When you take whats the most important , threaten residence with the loss of it with scare tactics, they always pass. SouthWestern schools is a prime example of this.
The houses the poster listed were old fixer-uppers and sheriffs sale home.
American Idiot

Erie, PA

#198 Jan 31, 2011
Kind of ironic wrote:
I'll let the post speak for itself.
<quoted text>
I guess you have issues with poor kids getting an equal educationas rich kids. Kind of Ironic.
EagleMom

Wellston, OH

#199 Jan 31, 2011
American Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
who are you to judge parents. Many parents already do these things
No, sadly they do not. I have been actively involved in my school district for 10+ years, and I can attest that a large majority of parents are not engaged in their children's education, and some of them are barely engaged in their kid's lives. Parents are too busy looking for reasons to blame others for their kids actions/behaviors. They gripe and complain about the inconvenience of homework and projects. When schools ask for volunteers, it's the same parents over and over again. Children are no longer the priority in their parent's lives. They want a simple quick solution for everything, a pill to make it all better. No matter what teachers, principals, school boards do ,it isn't right and it isn't enough.
American Idiot

Erie, PA

#200 Jan 31, 2011
Yea. Yea Yea. All parents suck. Whatever.
Response to Amer Idiot

Cleveland, OH

#201 Feb 10, 2011
"Can you try quoting some nice homes dumbo, not fix-uppers and sheriifs sales which are in every community. Your in Canal Winchester, home of the Dominion Homes Ghetto's. It's like Haiti with vinyl siding."

Last time I checked these houses are in the 43147 zip code which makes them paying into Pickerington taxes, whether they qualify as nice houses in your mind or not. Does not matter, all of the kids go to school together. Seems like you are implying an elitist frame of mind. No one is talking about Canal Winchester except you. That is the server's address.
a concerned father

Columbus, OH

#202 Jul 24, 2011
For one thing, why should we pay taxes for a school which does not care about all students? When the vice principle at Pickerington North High School said “Why should I care, when the student doesn’t!”
So this is what our education system has come down too? Vote it down until they care for all students and not the money!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickerington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Comey Interview 27 min Reality Speaks 191
epic fail!!! 28 min Reality Speaks 2
Syracuse University Whitey Racists Gone Wild 31 min Male 28
Climate change is ‘not as bad as we thought’ sa... 31 min Reality Speaks 4
Keep our children safe Nov '17 bettypchef 2
Jessica Starr (Sep '14) Nov '17 Jessica Rabbit 2
ATM Skimmers or GSM Receiver (Oct '16) Oct '17 Pizza 10

Pickerington Jobs

Personal Finance

Pickerington Mortgages