What are they building at the corner ...

What are they building at the corner of Nutt Rd. & 113?

Posted in the Phoenixville Forum

Resident

Exton, PA

#1 Dec 10, 2007
I thought that was going to be a Wawa on the NW corner of the intersection of Nutt Rd. & Route 113. But the steel structure they have up there now is really big and close to the road so it doesn't seem like it's going to be a Wawa.:-(

Anyone know what they're building?
rofo

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Dec 11, 2007
it almost looks like a bank with the overhang for a drive thru window.. or maybe its a fast food joint? I dunno
Resident wrote:
I thought that was going to be a Wawa on the NW corner of the intersection of Nutt Rd. & Route 113. But the steel structure they have up there now is really big and close to the road so it doesn't seem like it's going to be a Wawa.:-(
Anyone know what they're building?

Since: Aug 07

Phoenixville, PA

#3 Dec 11, 2007
I read on another site that it will be a Rite Aid (the one across the street will then close). The same poster said that the plot of land next to this site may become the Wawa. I guess there are some issues b/c some of the land is in the borough (??) and some is not.

“People smell funny.”

Since: Nov 07

East Vincent, PA

#4 Jan 25, 2008
FrasierCrane wrote:
I read on another site that it will be a Rite Aid (the one across the street will then close). The same poster said that the plot of land next to this site may become the Wawa. I guess there are some issues b/c some of the land is in the borough (??) and some is not.
Well.. that makes no sense..

We already have a Wawa further up on 113. And why close a perfectly fine Rite-Aid in order to open another one directly across the street?

And technically, some of the land is in the borough, some is in Schuylkill Township.

I don't know what is being built there, but driving past it last night, I think it looks like it might be a restaurant of sorts. It's too big to be a fast food chain, too small to be a department store - far too large to be a bank, and not the right kind of architecture to be a Wawa.

Has anyone actually figured out what's going in there yet?
Fitzy

Ambler, PA

#5 Jan 26, 2008
I'm pretty sure the structure currently being built will be a Rite Aid with a Super-Wawa being [eventually] built directly to its right. The present Wawa at Rt 113 & Twp. Line Rd. will eventually close. Just pray the Super Wawa finally brings the localized bubble of Phoenixville gas prices down a bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Collegeville Inn (Jun '09) Jun 18 EMe 24
Racism in phoenixville (Oct '11) May '16 Awful 39
Unexplained lights in night sky - Friday, Jan. 4 (Jan '08) May '16 Shawna 24
News The proposed extension of SEPTA s Norristown Hi... Mar '16 Philly sux 1
News Beware of coyotes across county (Nov '08) Feb '16 Jeanne Gallo 17
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Jan '16 Musikologist 20
St. Eleanor's priest on the list of 21 suspende... (Mar '11) Dec '15 MER 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenixville Mortgages