Susan

Norristown, PA

#1 Sep 21, 2013
I love taking my dog to the park on Longford rd. But too many times over the past few months things have changed. Very few people here follow the rules ! I called to get some info to see if anyone ever stops be to enforce the rules , and Duh no call back. The dog owners here dont seem to care if there dog is aggressive and the wont leave. All I would like is a safe place for responsible dog owners to enjoy their pets.
Ed Ucayte

Norristown, PA

#2 Sep 24, 2013
I used to take my dog there & found the same. I agree some owners are clueless & just use the park to drink their coffee, talk to others, & pay no attention to their dog. I had an incident where my dog was being picked on by a few dogs in the larger area. he's a good dog by nature but I kept having to seperate other people's dogs from mine when he got cornered. I was trying to avoid a potential dogfight but someone had the nerve to tell me to not touch their dog & I explained why I was doing it. when mine had enough he snapped down on a dog's nose breaking skin & blood everywhere. the owner freaked & I made zero apology & walked out.
Susan

Norristown, PA

#3 Sep 24, 2013
Ed Ucayte wrote:
I used to take my dog there & found the same. I agree some owners are clueless & just use the park to drink their coffee, talk to others, & pay no attention to their dog. I had an incident where my dog was being picked on by a few dogs in the larger area. he's a good dog by nature but I kept having to seperate other people's dogs from mine when he got cornered. I was trying to avoid a potential dogfight but someone had the nerve to tell me to not touch their dog & I explained why I was doing it. when mine had enough he snapped down on a dog's nose breaking skin & blood everywhere. the owner freaked & I made zero apology & walked out.
Please Help ! What can we do to make this a safe place for our dogs ?
Ed Ucayte

Norristown, PA

#4 Sep 26, 2013
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please Help ! What can we do to make this a safe place for our dogs ?
I don't think there's a whole lot you can do to make it any better. Longford was under a threat of being shutdown not that long ago for the same nonsense last year. People just don't care/clueless to their dogs outside of their houses. I don't use that spot anymore, there's another one nearby in Pville, by the water treatment center. it's nicer too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Earth Matters: Historical heat waves a reminder... 5 hr So saith me 3
News Montco dance teacher gets jail for sex with stu... (Jun '15) Jul 20 Cotton Picker 2
Collegeville Inn (Jun '09) Jun '16 EMe 24
Racism in phoenixville (Oct '11) May '16 Awful 39
Unexplained lights in night sky - Friday, Jan. 4 (Jan '08) May '16 Shawna 24
News The proposed extension of SEPTA s Norristown Hi... Mar '16 Philly sux 1
News Beware of coyotes across county (Nov '08) Feb '16 Jeanne Gallo 17

Phoenixville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenixville Mortgages