Upper Milford Township Three Charged With Dui At Route 29 Check...

A sobriety checkpoint early Sunday on Route 29 resulted in three arrests by state police at Fogelsville . Full Story
Sheba

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Good Job we need more check points.

Getting drunks off the road saves lives.
a mom

Allentown, PA

#2 Mar 18, 2009
there should definitely be more of these, all over,..every weekend
Winston

Lake Forest, CA

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Sure, lets stop everybody on the roads. Maybe we can have random home inspections to see if people are doing anything illegal in thier house. How about searching people as they walk down the street.
andyZ

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2009
why not make alcohol illegal
NCCOP

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2009
Winston, those are great idea's. Lets only hope that they come true in the near future!!
PandNH4

Reading, PA

#7 Mar 18, 2009
Winston wrote:
Sure, lets stop everybody on the roads. Maybe we can have random home inspections to see if people are doing anything illegal in thier house. How about searching people as they walk down the street.
Or stop no one and let people who shouldnt be behind the wheel of the car continue to kill innocent people. There is a line, a well defined line, between inhibiting personal freedoms and stopping preventable crimes. These three idiots need to be punished and should consider themselves lucky its only drunken driving they are getting charged with and not attempted manslaughter.
Winston

Lake Forest, CA

#8 Mar 18, 2009
PandNH4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or stop no one and let people who shouldnt be behind the wheel of the car continue to kill innocent people. There is a line, a well defined line, between inhibiting personal freedoms and stopping preventable crimes. These three idiots need to be punished and should consider themselves lucky its only drunken driving they are getting charged with and not attempted manslaughter.
Recently a man was stoppped at a DUI checkpoint, he tested under the limit but was told he could not drive his car home because he had been drinking.

Does this sound like a well defined line to you?
Local Yocal

East Mansfield, MA

#9 Mar 18, 2009
His BAC may have been under then limit at the test time but.......depending on when the man's last drink was, they might have done him or a potential victim a BIG favor. I call it a win-win for all.
andyZ

United States

#10 Mar 18, 2009
we have a bunch of experts in here

oh wait
PandNH4

Reading, PA

#11 Mar 18, 2009
Winston wrote:
<quoted text>
Recently a man was stoppped at a DUI checkpoint, he tested under the limit but was told he could not drive his car home because he had been drinking.
Does this sound like a well defined line to you?
Absolutely. Its within the officer's judgement. Although he may not have broken the DEFINED law by having a BAL higher than the limit, he was impaired enough for the officer to not allow him to drive away. Honestly, I see your point and if a law wasnt broken, the man shouldnt be punished but in this instance, its perfectly acceptable in my view to take that person off the road.
Jim Thorpe

Stanhope, NJ

#12 Mar 18, 2009
Let's face it,no one wants to see anyone get hurt,but this like everything else in this country is all about money period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Basement water damage from overhead pipe leak (Dec '08) 21 hr Matt Dalek 10
Route 422 (Jan '09) Mon 422sucks 22
Moving to Collegeville (Mar '07) Dec 7 Tolerance is a Vi... 44
Is anyone else having trouble with Organized St... Dec 5 lookoutforpville 1
Debate: Drinking Age - Collegeville, PA (Dec '11) Nov 26 Sally Donafan 2
What is the best restaurant in the Collegeville... (Aug '08) Nov 22 Gastronaut 46
Oaks Neighborhood Association or Secret Society? (Apr '11) Nov '14 Patty P 52

Phoenixville News Video

Phoenixville Dating
Find my Match

Phoenixville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Phoenixville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Phoenixville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST