Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Republican Governor Bobby Jindal [ R ] announced Tuesday that he was cutting Medicaid services for Louisiana’s dying poor, among other services getting the ax. No more hospice, starting February 1st. The terminally ill will no longer have hospice assistance.

Ironically, the only other state to try this was Arizona, and they found it too expensive in the end. Arizona ended up reinstating hospice

The good Governor wants to let the terminally ill to spend their last dying days in a back alley,right next to a dumpster.........

What a guy!! And in the long run it would be more expensive.

Perhaps facing such a budget problem, it might have been wise for Jindal to rehink his plan of killing revenue by getting rid of both personal and corporate state income taxes. Not to worry, he’s going to offset the lost revenue with sales taxes, which hit the poor and middle class far more than they do the wealthy.

Bobby Jindal has been privatizing public hospitals in Louisiana, another plan that has been proven to cost more money because once you get profit involved, things tend to cost more while accountability goes down. Jindal claims he needs to do this because Congress cut Louisiana’s Medicaid budget.

John Hamilton

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

"A state with regressive taxes but robust public benefits is better for lower-income people than one with progressive taxes but few benefits."

Obviously. But that's not what's under debate, really.

Jindal, like the rest of the fiscally conservative governors, realize that a JOB is of far more financial value to an individual than a dole. Or, put another way, the total received value of all entitled doles never adds up to the total received value of even a low-wage job. If it does, your society quickly goes into a tailspin and you have to readjust (if you doubt that, do a little research on how Sweden has pulled back on tax rates and beneifts over the last forty years.)

In the states, reality bites hard. There are no language or major cultural barriers between moving from California to Texas, so it happens not infrequently as the taxation AND job opportunity systems benefit the latter. Louisiana, additionally hampered by a state income tax system which has a loophole for every business that would donate to or drink with Edwin Edwards and his famously corrupt predecessors.

Bobby wants part of the Texas in-migration of business before he becomes President. To get that, he needs to reform what is likely the worst tax code in the nation (sales, property, income) which is famous for unfair set-asides. To do that, you create a backbone structure you can then adapt to future needs.

Let him do so without the armchair quarterbacking. And, to address your crocodile tears about the "poor", keep in mind that a HUGE proportion of the out-migration of low-income people after Katrina STAYED IN TEXAS, because the quality of life there for them (including services) was better than in Louisiana.,

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Mnguni wrote:
HARRISBURG. State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) announced his legislation that would make any new federal gun control laws unenforceable within the Commonwealth."Passage of my legislation will send the message that there will never be additional gun control, anywhere in Pennsylvania,said Metcalfe. Whether by White House executive orders, congressional fiat, or judicial activism, we will never allow the left to benefit from the wicked acts of murderers in order advance their senseless gun-grabbing agenda which would only succeed in replacing one of our most sacred personal liberties with the chains of government tyranny.
Similar to legislation most recently introduced in Wyoming and Texas,
Metcalfe's Right to Bear Arms Protection Act (House Bill 357) would:
Prohibit enforcement of any new federal registration, restriction or prohibition requirement for privately owned firearms, magazines and ammunition.
Require the state of Pennsylvania, including the Office of Attorney General, to intercede on behalf of Commonwealth citizens against any federal attempt to register, restrict or ban the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products.
Here is YOUR CHANCE to support something and make a difference. Here is the direct link to sign the petition supporting what you just read above! Please do it.
http://www.repmetcalfe.com/guncontrol2013.asp...
and if that does not work then go here http://www.repmetcalfe.com and place your mouse on petitions (on the left side and in red) and you will see 4 petitions (all worthy of looking at). The "standing up to gun control" petition is at the bottom.
Thanks to all who do this and be sure to forward the info onto everyone in PA that you know will support this!
Yes, go vote to support disobeying federal law. Go support treason.

----------

U.S. Constitution - Article 6
- Debts, Supremacy, Oaths

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

----------

Catch that? "the Laws of the United States...shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any...aws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

Guess what that means?

That means it's treason to pass a state law to ignore a federal law. It's called "the Supremacy Clause."
Dirty Harry

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Since the assault weapons ban expired on March 2, 2004, legislation to renew the ban has been proposed a number of times unsuccessfully.

Both chambers had a Republican majority in these years

On March 2, 2004, the Senate voted down the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (a bill to bar firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable for crimes committed with their products) after a ten-year extension of the assault weapons ban was attached to it, sponsored by Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California. The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act was subsequently passed in 2005 without a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

In the 108th Congress, Representative Carolyn McCarthy, Democrat of New York, introduced H.R. 2038, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003, on May 8, 2003, before the assault weapons ban expired. It had 111 co-sponsors. The Bill would have renewed the assault weapons ban for an additional ten years and revise the definition of 'semiautomatic assault weapon'. The Bill never got out of committee to come up for a floor vote and died at the end of the 108th Congress.

In the 109th Congress, McCarthy reintroduced the same bill, on March 15, 2005. The Bill, H.R. 1312, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2005, which had 94 co-sponsors, never got out of committee and died at the end of the 109th Congress.

In the 110th Congress, McCarthy reintroduced the same bill, on February 17, 2007. The Bill, H.R. 1022, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007, which had 67 co-sponsors, never got out of committee and died at the end of the 110th Congress.

NRA spent $15 million to oust President Obama from office in 2012, and donated overwhelmingly to Republican candidates.

Instead of spending money on their membership for gun safety and responsibility they'd rather throw it at a losing candidate.
Booze and Hunt Club

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Pictures are out there showing President Obama shooting at clay pigeons ( known as skeet )

However NO pictures are out there showing a drunk VP Cheney shooting a lawyer in the face.

Damn that lawyer for not taking those plastic deer antlers off his head after the White House Christmas party.
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
Dan the Man Chambersburg
esz
Of course Heritage is also distorting what the CBO said.
Read the actual CBO report here:
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil ...
Again, the are referring to the individual mandate - a Republican idea that Democrats included in healthcare reform.
It provides a penalty for those refusing to get health insurance.
The penalty is completely voluntary.
Don't want to pay the penalty - get insurance.
Simple.
//////////
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Cost $20,000 per Family by 2016
The Internal Revenue Service issued a report Wednesday in which it estimated that under Obamacare, the least expensive health insurance plan available to a family in 2016 would cost $20,000 annually according to CNSNews.com .
Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act all U.S. citizens are required to have health insurance, either through their employer or by purchasing it directly from the government.
Individuals who don't have it by 2016 face a penalty amounting to either 2.5 percent of a person's taxable income or approximately $2,000 per family, depending on their income.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/irs-obamaca ...
//////////
The penalty is completely voluntary.
Don't want to pay the penalty - get insurance.
Simple.
right dannyboy?
GOOMBALWAKA!!
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
GOOMBALWAKA!!
//////////
First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama.
Joe Flacco drops f-bomb during Super Bowl
"My main message is to the parents of Joe Flacco:
If I had a son, he'd look like Joe," Obama said.
"I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and we're going to get to the bottom of what happened."
“Barack Dikembe Mutombo Tupac Mandela Hussein Obama X”
GOOMBALWAKA
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

David Crosby wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOMBALWAKA
I see you speak his language. Only with editing. Sweet!
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John B wrote:
<quoted text>
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
Do you think nuclear devices are armaments?
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Johnny, is you attempting to do what exactly? president obama easily won again so the ball is in your court. If you need liberal people to be cowardly of you please do that, but patriotic America knows better

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has ignored the Constitution more than once so don't give me this BS you've posted.
The POS you call President has divided this country to pre 1864. The people don't want his ridiculous gun laws. Don't bother posting your lying polls from your liberal media sources.
It is the duty of every State, US citizen to defend our country and Constitution from those tyrants. Obama wants this country divided and the people dependent on government handouts. You and your kind are either stupid or want and depend on the free handouts.
You and I are going to see our next civil war thanks to Obama and the idiots who support him. Thank God we still have our guns and our militia groups through out Penna. and the rest of our states.
If you can support the laws of Pa. or like them, pack your liberal ass and move to Cuba.
When the time comes to hide, your will always have your mothers basement.
Your post demonstrates the virulent divisiveness coming from the right during Obama's administration.

There is nothing remotely similar coming from the President.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Metcalfe's Right to Bear Arms Protection Act (House Bill 357)
You know, you're as dumb as most lawyers. It directs the AG to INTERCEDE, i.e., go to COURT. You don't break the law by going to court. And my guess is that the state law WOULD be enforceable for firearms manufactured and sold within Pennsylvania. States still have some rights, you oligarchist federal supremacist, you.
Here is a bit of info that you probably do not understand and yes it will hold up in court.
Our Pennsylvania constitution (Article 1, Section 21) says this,“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”. Federal law cannot trump a state law, especially when the Federal constitution basically says the same thing.
Right to Bear Arms
Section 21.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Did you get that last part(shall not be questioned) that means by federal of state employees.
Do you see a secession happening? Of course not, you're to full of the Obama is a god garbage. Many states will follow Pennsylvania.
Sorry, you're wrong.
Wolfgang

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has ignored the Constitution more than once so don't give me this BS you've posted.
The POS you call President has divided this country to pre 1864. The people don't want his ridiculous gun laws. Don't bother posting your lying polls from your liberal media sources.
It is the duty of every State, US citizen to defend our country and Constitution from those tyrants. Obama wants this country divided and the people dependent on government handouts. You and your kind are either stupid or want and depend on the free handouts.
You and I are going to see our next civil war thanks to Obama and the idiots who support him. Thank God we still have our guns and our militia groups through out Penna. and the rest of our states.
If you can support the laws of Pa. or like them, pack your liberal ass and move to Cuba.
When the time comes to hide, your will always have your mothers basement.
Dan the man is a product of too much inbreeding. Franklin County is number one in Penna. when it comes to incest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Wolfgang wrote:
<quoted text>Dan the man is a product of too much inbreeding. Franklin County is number one in Penna. when it comes to incest.
MORE personal attacks?

Get a life, loser. All you can do this evening is attack me. You're obsessed.
right to bear arms

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Two Republican hillbillies taking about the right to bear arms.

"Hey Earl,Can I get them there rockets launchers to protect me and my family?"

" NO you can't Jed,the government says you can't own those"

"Hey Earl, Can I get an army tank with big bullets to fire to protect me and my family"?

"No you can't Jed, the government says you can't own one"

"Hey Earl , Can I get one of those there rocket launchers and maybe a few hand gernades to protect me and my family"?

"No you can't Jed , the government says you can't own those"

" Hey Earl how about a machine gun or a scud missle to protect me and my family"?

"No you can't Jed, the government says you can't own those"

"Well Earl , I have the right to bear arms don't I"?

"Well Jed it's not that easy,soon assault rifles will be banned and 30 round magazines will be outlawed also"

" Well Earl, What can I do to protect me and my family"?

"Well Jed ,Get a few hand guns ,that should be enough".

" But Earl , How can I hunt rabbits and squirrels without an AK 47's that can shoot 30 bullets in 10 seconds"?

" Have no idea Jed, but the law is the law,and if you cant hit your target with 30 bullets maybe you need new glasses"

"Damn Earl,I never thought of that!"

"OH! By the way Earl, you ever have a background check"?

"Ummmmmmmm, What's that Jed"?
It Is Closed Down Now

Sewickley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Close it down wrote:
We need a good governor that is not going to tax us to death
How's that working for you now? Higher gas prices, he proposes. Taxed to death is what you've got!
John Galti

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Close it down wrote:
We need a good governor that is not going to tax us to death
He's ravaging the State of Pennsylvania just like Bush ravaged the countrry. Bush was one of them even though they don't want to own up to it. They want the fed destroyed too just like Corbetts doing to PA and Bush did a great job of destroying our economy. They should be proud of him for spending us into oblivion and recking things real good.

Yet they deny their master....
TaxNoMore

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Republican Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett unveiled his 2013-14 budget Tuesday at the State Capitol. In his plan he wants to raise gasoline tax revenues over five years to generate billions of dollars to invest in roads, bridges and more.

This plan will likely cause already rising gas prices to go even higher. Most of the money would come from an increase in revenues from the oil company franchise tax. Corbett wants to lift a cap tax on oil and gas companies which could raise gas prices by more than 20 cents a gallon.

"We have to spend less because we have less to spend," "We must tax no more because people have no more to give."- Tom Corbett ,March 8,2011

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett is asking state workers to give up pay increases and contribute more to their health care, but Corbett and his staff get the Cadillac of health insurance,and raises.

What a guy!
TaxNoMore

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The austerity governor, who can’t seem to find money for schools, colleges, hospitals, or healthcare, has found money to get himself a new car. Actually, four new SUVs, at a cost of $186,000 to taxpayers.

That’s right – Governor Corbett, Lt. Gov. Cawley and their respective wives are each the recipients of new taxpayer-funded cars. Because Rendell’s old cars just wouldn’t do. The men got big-ass Chevy Suburbans, while the ladies are in daintier Chevy Traverses.

"We have to spend less because we have less to spend," "We must tax no more because people have no more to give."- Tom Corbett ,March 8,2011

http://www.keystonepolitics.com/2011/06/corbe...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

John B wrote:
<quoted text> No Danny, you're wrong.
LOL! You're cute. Slow-witted and not very smart, but cute.

You posted the text of the bill. Then you posted your interpretation of that bill. Your interpretation does not match the text of the bill. The text of the bill plainly says something OTHER than what you think it says.

I posted the text of the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution. The bill you posted violates the Supremacy Clause.

Federal law supersedes state law according to the US Constitution. I'm sorry that you don't like that, but your disagreement with that fact doesn't make me wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Phoenixville Discussions

Search the Phoenixville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 11 hr From Clarks summit 3,815
"Perky" in Oaks PA (Jan '11) Wed Dan 48
Basketball Jul 17 Jeremy c 1
Pa. Turnpike abuzz as bees swarm toll plaza Jul 16 Oh no 2
Review: New Concepts MED SPA (Dec '11) Jul 12 Anonymous 2
Review: New Concepts MED SPA Jul 12 Anonymous 1
Anyone know of any art classes for kids in the ... (Jun '10) Jul 11 Mirinda Buxton 12
•••
•••

Phoenixville News Video

•••
Phoenixville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Phoenixville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••