Dirty Harry

West Mifflin, PA

#46522 Feb 5, 2013
Since the assault weapons ban expired on March 2, 2004, legislation to renew the ban has been proposed a number of times unsuccessfully.

Both chambers had a Republican majority in these years

On March 2, 2004, the Senate voted down the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (a bill to bar firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable for crimes committed with their products) after a ten-year extension of the assault weapons ban was attached to it, sponsored by Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California. The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act was subsequently passed in 2005 without a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

In the 108th Congress, Representative Carolyn McCarthy, Democrat of New York, introduced H.R. 2038, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003, on May 8, 2003, before the assault weapons ban expired. It had 111 co-sponsors. The Bill would have renewed the assault weapons ban for an additional ten years and revise the definition of 'semiautomatic assault weapon'. The Bill never got out of committee to come up for a floor vote and died at the end of the 108th Congress.

In the 109th Congress, McCarthy reintroduced the same bill, on March 15, 2005. The Bill, H.R. 1312, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2005, which had 94 co-sponsors, never got out of committee and died at the end of the 109th Congress.

In the 110th Congress, McCarthy reintroduced the same bill, on February 17, 2007. The Bill, H.R. 1022, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007, which had 67 co-sponsors, never got out of committee and died at the end of the 110th Congress.

NRA spent $15 million to oust President Obama from office in 2012, and donated overwhelmingly to Republican candidates.

Instead of spending money on their membership for gun safety and responsibility they'd rather throw it at a losing candidate.
Booze and Hunt Club

West Mifflin, PA

#46523 Feb 5, 2013
Pictures are out there showing President Obama shooting at clay pigeons ( known as skeet )

However NO pictures are out there showing a drunk VP Cheney shooting a lawyer in the face.

Damn that lawyer for not taking those plastic deer antlers off his head after the White House Christmas party.
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

#46526 Feb 5, 2013
TaxNoMore wrote:
Dan the Man Chambersburg
esz
Of course Heritage is also distorting what the CBO said.
Read the actual CBO report here:
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil ...
Again, the are referring to the individual mandate - a Republican idea that Democrats included in healthcare reform.
It provides a penalty for those refusing to get health insurance.
The penalty is completely voluntary.
Don't want to pay the penalty - get insurance.
Simple.
//////////
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Cost $20,000 per Family by 2016
The Internal Revenue Service issued a report Wednesday in which it estimated that under Obamacare, the least expensive health insurance plan available to a family in 2016 would cost $20,000 annually according to CNSNews.com .
Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act all U.S. citizens are required to have health insurance, either through their employer or by purchasing it directly from the government.
Individuals who don't have it by 2016 face a penalty amounting to either 2.5 percent of a person's taxable income or approximately $2,000 per family, depending on their income.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/irs-obamaca ...
//////////
The penalty is completely voluntary.
Don't want to pay the penalty - get insurance.
Simple.
right dannyboy?
GOOMBALWAKA!!
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

#46529 Feb 5, 2013
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
GOOMBALWAKA!!
//////////
First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama.
Joe Flacco drops f-bomb during Super Bowl
"My main message is to the parents of Joe Flacco:
If I had a son, he'd look like Joe," Obama said.
"I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and we're going to get to the bottom of what happened."
“Barack Dikembe Mutombo Tupac Mandela Hussein Obama X”
GOOMBALWAKA
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

#46533 Feb 5, 2013
David Crosby wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOMBALWAKA
I see you speak his language. Only with editing. Sweet!
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

#46536 Feb 5, 2013
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
Do you think nuclear devices are armaments?
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#46537 Feb 5, 2013
Johnny, is you attempting to do what exactly? president obama easily won again so the ball is in your court. If you need liberal people to be cowardly of you please do that, but patriotic America knows better

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#46538 Feb 5, 2013
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has ignored the Constitution more than once so don't give me this BS you've posted.
The POS you call President has divided this country to pre 1864. The people don't want his ridiculous gun laws. Don't bother posting your lying polls from your liberal media sources.
It is the duty of every State, US citizen to defend our country and Constitution from those tyrants. Obama wants this country divided and the people dependent on government handouts. You and your kind are either stupid or want and depend on the free handouts.
You and I are going to see our next civil war thanks to Obama and the idiots who support him. Thank God we still have our guns and our militia groups through out Penna. and the rest of our states.
If you can support the laws of Pa. or like them, pack your liberal ass and move to Cuba.
When the time comes to hide, your will always have your mothers basement.
Your post demonstrates the virulent divisiveness coming from the right during Obama's administration.

There is nothing remotely similar coming from the President.

Location hidden

#46539 Feb 5, 2013
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Metcalfe's Right to Bear Arms Protection Act (House Bill 357)
You know, you're as dumb as most lawyers. It directs the AG to INTERCEDE, i.e., go to COURT. You don't break the law by going to court. And my guess is that the state law WOULD be enforceable for firearms manufactured and sold within Pennsylvania. States still have some rights, you oligarchist federal supremacist, you.
Here is a bit of info that you probably do not understand and yes it will hold up in court.
Our Pennsylvania constitution (Article 1, Section 21) says this,“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”. Federal law cannot trump a state law, especially when the Federal constitution basically says the same thing.
Right to Bear Arms
Section 21.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Did you get that last part(shall not be questioned) that means by federal of state employees.
Do you see a secession happening? Of course not, you're to full of the Obama is a god garbage. Many states will follow Pennsylvania.
Sorry, you're wrong.
Wolfgang

Chambersburg, PA

#46540 Feb 5, 2013
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has ignored the Constitution more than once so don't give me this BS you've posted.
The POS you call President has divided this country to pre 1864. The people don't want his ridiculous gun laws. Don't bother posting your lying polls from your liberal media sources.
It is the duty of every State, US citizen to defend our country and Constitution from those tyrants. Obama wants this country divided and the people dependent on government handouts. You and your kind are either stupid or want and depend on the free handouts.
You and I are going to see our next civil war thanks to Obama and the idiots who support him. Thank God we still have our guns and our militia groups through out Penna. and the rest of our states.
If you can support the laws of Pa. or like them, pack your liberal ass and move to Cuba.
When the time comes to hide, your will always have your mothers basement.
Dan the man is a product of too much inbreeding. Franklin County is number one in Penna. when it comes to incest.

Location hidden

#46542 Feb 5, 2013
Wolfgang wrote:
<quoted text>Dan the man is a product of too much inbreeding. Franklin County is number one in Penna. when it comes to incest.
MORE personal attacks?

Get a life, loser. All you can do this evening is attack me. You're obsessed.
right to bear arms

West Mifflin, PA

#46543 Feb 5, 2013
Two Republican hillbillies taking about the right to bear arms.

"Hey Earl,Can I get them there rockets launchers to protect me and my family?"

" NO you can't Jed,the government says you can't own those"

"Hey Earl, Can I get an army tank with big bullets to fire to protect me and my family"?

"No you can't Jed, the government says you can't own one"

"Hey Earl , Can I get one of those there rocket launchers and maybe a few hand gernades to protect me and my family"?

"No you can't Jed , the government says you can't own those"

" Hey Earl how about a machine gun or a scud missle to protect me and my family"?

"No you can't Jed, the government says you can't own those"

"Well Earl , I have the right to bear arms don't I"?

"Well Jed it's not that easy,soon assault rifles will be banned and 30 round magazines will be outlawed also"

" Well Earl, What can I do to protect me and my family"?

"Well Jed ,Get a few hand guns ,that should be enough".

" But Earl , How can I hunt rabbits and squirrels without an AK 47's that can shoot 30 bullets in 10 seconds"?

" Have no idea Jed, but the law is the law,and if you cant hit your target with 30 bullets maybe you need new glasses"

"Damn Earl,I never thought of that!"

"OH! By the way Earl, you ever have a background check"?

"Ummmmmmmm, What's that Jed"?
It Is Closed Down Now

Kittanning, PA

#46546 Feb 5, 2013
Close it down wrote:
We need a good governor that is not going to tax us to death
How's that working for you now? Higher gas prices, he proposes. Taxed to death is what you've got!
John Galti

Washington, DC

#46547 Feb 5, 2013
Close it down wrote:
We need a good governor that is not going to tax us to death
He's ravaging the State of Pennsylvania just like Bush ravaged the countrry. Bush was one of them even though they don't want to own up to it. They want the fed destroyed too just like Corbetts doing to PA and Bush did a great job of destroying our economy. They should be proud of him for spending us into oblivion and recking things real good.

Yet they deny their master....
TaxNoMore

West Mifflin, PA

#46549 Feb 6, 2013
Republican Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett unveiled his 2013-14 budget Tuesday at the State Capitol. In his plan he wants to raise gasoline tax revenues over five years to generate billions of dollars to invest in roads, bridges and more.

This plan will likely cause already rising gas prices to go even higher. Most of the money would come from an increase in revenues from the oil company franchise tax. Corbett wants to lift a cap tax on oil and gas companies which could raise gas prices by more than 20 cents a gallon.

"We have to spend less because we have less to spend," "We must tax no more because people have no more to give."- Tom Corbett ,March 8,2011

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett is asking state workers to give up pay increases and contribute more to their health care, but Corbett and his staff get the Cadillac of health insurance,and raises.

What a guy!
TaxNoMore

West Mifflin, PA

#46550 Feb 6, 2013
The austerity governor, who can’t seem to find money for schools, colleges, hospitals, or healthcare, has found money to get himself a new car. Actually, four new SUVs, at a cost of $186,000 to taxpayers.

That’s right – Governor Corbett, Lt. Gov. Cawley and their respective wives are each the recipients of new taxpayer-funded cars. Because Rendell’s old cars just wouldn’t do. The men got big-ass Chevy Suburbans, while the ladies are in daintier Chevy Traverses.

"We have to spend less because we have less to spend," "We must tax no more because people have no more to give."- Tom Corbett ,March 8,2011

http://www.keystonepolitics.com/2011/06/corbe...

Location hidden

#46553 Feb 6, 2013
John B wrote:
<quoted text> No Danny, you're wrong.
LOL! You're cute. Slow-witted and not very smart, but cute.

You posted the text of the bill. Then you posted your interpretation of that bill. Your interpretation does not match the text of the bill. The text of the bill plainly says something OTHER than what you think it says.

I posted the text of the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution. The bill you posted violates the Supremacy Clause.

Federal law supersedes state law according to the US Constitution. I'm sorry that you don't like that, but your disagreement with that fact doesn't make me wrong.
common sense

Erie, PA

#46554 Feb 6, 2013
John Galti wrote:
<quoted text>
He's ravaging the State of Pennsylvania just like Bush ravaged the countrry. Bush was one of them even though they don't want to own up to it. They want the fed destroyed too just like Corbetts doing to PA and Bush did a great job of destroying our economy. They should be proud of him for spending us into oblivion and recking things real good.
Yet they deny their master....
Bush didn't do a damn thing to the US economy. Another frigging liberal lie. Can't you folks disseminate any news for yourself?

If Bush destroyed the economy then why did Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve Chief under Clinton, apologize to congress for the entire event. When testifying on the collapse and the existence of unregulated CDS'(Credit default swaps) which brought down Wallstreet he said "I thought they would self regulate. I made a mistake".

So sick of folks who cannot discern anything more than what NBC chooses to feed them. I guess, in this day and age of graduating high schoolers that cannot read nor write I probably shouldn't be surprised that the voting mass is generally ignorant.

Give us a background check now! One that tests of an individuals IQ before they can have internet service and post on forums such as this!
TaxNoMore

West Mifflin, PA

#46555 Feb 6, 2013
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Pennsylvania's source for liberal political news and commentary. Better try and find another source unless you like half-truths.
Once again you are wrong,everything I posted was the truth, you cant deny it with right wing fog inducted brain or else you would of done that. My post stands as the truth, unless you can prove my wrong.
Good Luck!
TaxNoMore

West Mifflin, PA

#46556 Feb 6, 2013
Pennsylvania gasoline taxes would rise an average of about five cents a gallon a year over the next five years to pay for a $1.8 billion increase in transportation funding under the budget proposed Tuesday by Gov. Corbett.

Corbett, who vowed during his election campaign not to raise taxes, said the change would not be a tax increase but merely the lifting of "an artificial and outdated cap" on a wholesale tax paid by oil and gas companies.

Corbett called for doing away with the cap on the "oil company franchise tax" to allow it to rise by about 28.5 cents over five years in three installments. That increase presumably would be passed on to motorists at the pump, though state officials said gasoline dealers might absorb part of it.

At the same time, Corbett asked for a one-cent-a-gallon reduction in the liquid fuels tax for each of the next two years. That component of the gas tax is now 12 cents per gallon.

Taken together, the changes would mean an 82 percent increase in the state gas tax by 2018, rising from the current 32.3 cents per gallon to 58.8 cents if the full wholesale increases were passed

LØØK HERE:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/18...

Most of the money would come from an increase in revenues from the oil company franchise tax, a wholesale levy at the gas station level. Corbett wants to phase in the increase in three parts. The Pennsylvania Highway Information Association, a trade group, has said the move would translate to about 28.5 cents per gallon at current prices.

Corbett described the additional taxes as coming from lifting a cap on the tax — addressing the politically sensitive issue of taxes for the first-term Republican

LØØK HERE:

Most of the money would come from an increase in revenues from the oil company franchise tax, a wholesale levy at the gas station level. Corbett wants to phase in the increase in three parts. The Pennsylvania Highway Information Association, a trade group, has said the move would translate to about 28.5 cents per gallon at current prices.

Corbett described the additional taxes as coming from lifting a cap on the tax — addressing the politically sensitive issue of taxes for the first-term Republican

And here's the kicker,,,,,,,,coming from all places.......... a right wing website

LØØK HERE:
No Governor Corbett, Pennsylvania Doesn’t Need Higher Gasoline Taxes:

At 39 cents per gallon, Pennsylvania currently is the 7th-highest taxed state for gasoline. As part of his transportation initiative, Gov. Corbett has proposed lifting the cap on the “oil company franchise tax” and making that tax burden even higher.

How about that? From a conservative website !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 21 min Don Rumsfeld 3,995
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
Smaller suburbs like Honey Brook work to revita... Sep 3 Brooker Wood 1
Basement water damage from overhead pipe leak (Dec '08) Aug 28 Seth Ashford 9
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 17
Providence Town Center-Phase 2 (Mar '10) Aug '14 beanzalo1 291
Hobby Hut Aug '14 Catherine 1
•••

Phoenixville News Video

•••
•••

Phoenixville Jobs

•••
•••