Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Feb 21, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JD Noy

Reamstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 6, 2008
 
I am looking for peoples' opinions on which local restuarant in P'ville makes the best Philly style cheesesteak. I happen to love Jim's steaks on South Street, but don't often find myself near there, so I'd like to find a good place for a classic Philly cheesesteaks in Phoenixville.

What is your vote?
GKS - Collegeville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 10, 2008
 
JD Noy wrote:
I am looking for peoples' opinions on which local restuarant in P'ville makes the best Philly style cheesesteak. I happen to love Jim's steaks on South Street, but don't often find myself near there, so I'd like to find a good place for a classic Philly cheesesteaks in Phoenixville.
What is your vote?
Franco's Italian Ristorante in Phoenixville. I'm especially partial to their Chicken Cheesesteak Hoagie. The Best I've ever personally had.
you got

Langhorne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 10, 2008
 
you got Joeys on 23 and Bella, also on 23, they both have good ones. my fav though has got to be the prime rib sandwich at Sly Fox.
TruthBTold

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

There are not any eateries in the Phoenixville area that can come close to the south philly steaks. And it is not because they are so tasty as it is the aura of driving into the hustle and bustle of the city already hungry and standing in line with the scent of steaks being made along side many other people, some their first time, and ordering in a manner that if not done correctly could cost you your place in line. However, I enjoy the Cheesesteaks from VALLEYFORGE PIZZA on RT23. And I have worked in the City for many years and have eaten the cheese steaks in the city for years. TBT
Corey

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 21, 2008
 
JD Noy wrote:
I am looking for peoples' opinions on which local restuarant in P'ville makes the best Philly style cheesesteak. I happen to love Jim's steaks on South Street, but don't often find myself near there, so I'd like to find a good place for a classic Philly cheesesteaks in Phoenixville.
What is your vote?
I think Sals Pizza Box is decent. They put the finished sandwich in the pizza oven at the end which adds a good crusty texture to the roll. I never had one from Valley Forge Pizza but I think they do make the best pizza in town.
jim

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 6, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Corey, you just had a grinder not a cheesesteak. You don't put a cheesesteak in the oven...!!
jim

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 6, 2009
 
Joey's on 23 are terrible. Rolls were stale and not enough meat. Plus way over priced. Do yourself a favor and drive to Roxborough and stop at the Henry James on Jamestown Avenue.
http://www.henryjamessaloon.com/
you got

Langhorne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 13, 2009
 
jim wrote:
Joey's on 23 are terrible. Rolls were stale and not enough meat. Plus way over priced. Do yourself a favor and drive to Roxborough and stop at the Henry James on Jamestown Avenue.
http://www.henryjamessaloon.com/
You may be right, I was there when they first opened and would honestly compare w/ Jims on South St. the steak was really good.

Has any one tried tyler james downtown yet?
toryinpxv

Royersford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 15, 2009
 
you got wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right, I was there when they first opened and would honestly compare w/ Jims on South St. the steak was really good.
Has any one tried tyler james downtown yet?
The cheesesteak at tyler's is the best of Bridge Street IMHO. Bridgeside deli makes a decent steak sandwich too.
j yo

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 15, 2009
 
u guys are tripping all these places suck, vill apiza has a great cheesesteak
Corey

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 20, 2009
 
j yo wrote:
u guys are tripping all these places suck, vill apiza has a great cheesesteak
Jim, A completed cheese steak sanwich placed briefly in a pizza oven is not a grinder. I still hold Sals Pizza box to be the best place in Phoenixville to get a Cheese steak sandich. They also make good pizza.
Harry

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 6, 2009
 
You're are NUTS if you don't believe JOEY'S II spanks these guys. This place has ribeye steak....nobody else comes close. FYI>>>the owners are from Sout Philadelphia!
KATIE

Pottstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 15, 2009
 
you got wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right, I was there when they first opened and would honestly compare w/ Jims on South St. the steak was really good.
Has any one tried tyler james downtown yet?
ROLLS ARE DELIVERED DAILY & RIBEYE
STEAK, WHERE ELSE DO U GET IT??? JOEYS ROCKS!!!
Jill

Pottstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 18, 2009
 
My family actually did a taste test on the cheesesteaks around town and by far, Villa Pizza had the best! Fresh rolls, nice people and delicious meat and the chicken cheesesteaks are to die for. The worst place?? definitely hands down would be joeys on 23. The have the most chewy rolls that I think seemed to be microwaved. The meat was awful we could not even chew it. When I called to complain, the manager was one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. I will never go back and I can't imagine they can stay open for long. Way over priced too. LIke I said, for the best cheesesteak, try Villa.
- Jon -

Schwenksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 27, 2009
 
I'm with Corey.

Sal's cheesesteaks are my favorite for around here. The bread is delicious and fresh. The meat is tender, tasty, and juicy but NOT greasy. The cheese is great and way better than cheesewiz crap (unless you like that sort of thing). And if you dig mushrooms, they have my favorite kind - not the tiny rubbery tasteless ones that many places use, but large colorful ones with different colors and textures to parts of the 'shrooms. Yummy. Think I will get one this weekend!
Rich A

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 9, 2010
 
- Jon - wrote:
I'm with Corey.
Sal's cheesesteaks are my favorite for around here. The bread is delicious and fresh. The meat is tender, tasty, and juicy but NOT greasy. The cheese is great and way better than cheesewiz crap (unless you like that sort of thing). And if you dig mushrooms, they have my favorite kind - not the tiny rubbery tasteless ones that many places use, but large colorful ones with different colors and textures to parts of the 'shrooms. Yummy. Think I will get one this weekend!
I used to Like Tony's next to Harpoon Louie's when I was in P'ville
I think they made the best with sauce and onions. Inexpensive as well. I have to try Villa Pizza. I have had thier pies not steaks.
East Vincent

Langhorne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 12, 2010
 
Rich A wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to Like Tony's next to Harpoon Louie's when I was in P'ville
I think they made the best with sauce and onions. Inexpensive as well. I have to try Villa Pizza. I have had thier pies not steaks.
Giovanni's right down 724 does a good cheesesteak. I agree with everyone who says Joey's SUCKS!!! and that's all they do.....We have never been to Tony's is that place any good?
Villa has all around good food. Never have a bad thing there.
jmer

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 13, 2010
 
Not sure if those that dislike Joey's have been there recently... When they first opened, I didn't like it...at all.... I didn't go back for almost a year. Now, something is different and I will put their steaks up there as some of the best. Their sandwiches are filled with meet. I've never tried Villa's, but I will definitly now.
East Vincent

Langhorne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 15, 2010
 
We are going to Tony's this weekend for the first time. Any recomendations?
King Ches stk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 22, 2011
 
First things first. I was born in Philly, Geno's & Pat's are Thee worst cheese stks peroid. With that said
there are several great cheese steak places in Phoenixville. Sals used to be good in the 80's as was the havens. They both went way down hill over the years. Right now I have to say Liberty Square has the best cheese steak in town. But thats what my taste buds say. One can buy 10 cheese steaks in Phoenixville, and have 10 different Texture and flavors. Ya gotta love it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Condi Rice 3,900
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 10 hr Jesus C 51,282
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Aug 17 Musikologist 17
Providence Town Center-Phase 2 (Mar '10) Aug 11 beanzalo1 292
Hobby Hut Aug 10 Catherine 1
Review: Progressive Family Eyecare - John F Slo... (Mar '11) Aug 6 Jenna 18
Apartments across from Trappe Tavern (Jul '09) Aug 6 Gee 164

Search the Phoenixville Forum:
•••

Phoenixville News Video

•••
Phoenixville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Phoenixville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Phoenixville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Phoenixville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Phoenixville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••