Skippack Mom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Does anyone know if any stores will be opening soon? I thought Phase 2 had a spring 2010 date. Had diner at Olive garden Sat. night and there was a 1hr 45 min wait at 5:00. We ended up waiting, but came home for the first hour of our wait then went back and waited in the lobby with a pager. It would have been nice to shop during the wait for dinner!
UP Techie

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

The last I heard, there was no plans to open any stores until the economy improved. it was all put on hold.
Maybe someone has more recent info?
Mike

West Chester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Maybe there's nothing planned, but I do see some work being done on the other buildings. I don't know if it's to open a store, or to just complete what's been started.
GSupp

Collegeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

I know someone who works at EMS, and they said that their C-ville store in the center is opening in October.

Since: Mar 10

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

I emailed EMS customer service and asked if they are opening a store in Collegeville and just got this reply today: "Yes indeed, an Eastern Mountain Sports store is coming to Collegeville! The approximate date for the grand opening is late September-October 2010."
Val

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

I love EMS. Now there are 3 more stores to keep me from needing to trek to Montgomeryville, Babies r Us, Party City and OldNavy. Any plans for those stores to open up in this ceneter?

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

adamwsh, thanks for the info and confirmation.
bob s

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

we need a nice mexican restaurant how about chi-chi's????

“People smell funny.”

Since: Nov 07

East Vincent, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

bob s wrote:
I'm pretty sure Chi-Chi's is dead, isn't it? Don Pablo's is very similar to Chi-Chi's, at any rate(they have fried ice cream!!!). The closest one is in Jersey, though. On the Border is decent, and it's pretty close (in Exton). I know of a small handful of restaurants in the area (Tortuga's, El Serape, and I'm drawing a blank, but I know there are more). I dunno if we really need another big chain restaurant, though.

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Not to get off topic, but Tortuga's in the Redner's/Sears Hardware shopping center on 29 in Collegeville is VERY good. As for chains, there is Qudoba in Trooper on 363, also good.

I should have more info on PTC Wednesday.
danh

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

bob s wrote:
Chi-Chi's went out of business back in '04 when a Hepatitis A outbreak killed 4 people and made almost a thousand people sick near Pittsburgh. Restaurant never recovered from that.
AROD

Collegeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Mandapants wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Chi-Chi's is dead, isn't it? Don Pablo's is very similar to Chi-Chi's, at any rate(they have fried ice cream!!!). The closest one is in Jersey, though. On the Border is decent, and it's pretty close (in Exton). I know of a small handful of restaurants in the area (Tortuga's, El Serape, and I'm drawing a blank, but I know there are more). I dunno if we really need another big chain restaurant, though.
On the Border? That place is horrible. I ate there once, and never went back. The food was a pathetic attempt at Mexican. If I remember correctly, they don't even make their chips on site. They buy them from a supplier. Any Mexican place that doesn't fry up their chips on the premises, is a sad attempt at Mexican.
I vote for a Chipotle. Not a wide ranging menu, but good food. There's also a good Mexican place that is in Plymouth Meeting. It took the place of the old Macaroni Grill. I don't know the name of it, but it is good and very reasonable.
Val

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

I know On the border isnt authentic but I love it anyway. Their are a few authentic Mexican restaurants around, Coyote Crossing, El Sarape to name a few but both are a little pricier then I care to spend. But I would love to see some different places crop up in this center. It just so hard for the mom and pop places to compete with the corporates.
How about Buffalo Wild Wings, they are startng to appear around here. It would be great to have a sports bar around here with good food.

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Val wrote:
It would be great to have a sports bar around here with good food.
Ever been to Brother Paul's? They very closely resemble a sports bar and have great food and great beer selection.
rofo for life

West Chester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Chili's is suppose to be coming to Oaks. In fact I think I remember reading the Upper Providence Township newletter that they are transfering a liquor liscense in from bucks county. Also there are like 5 other restraunts that are planned for the Target shopping center in Oaks. In fact the Building pads and parking are already in place.

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

Yeah, I had hear 1-2 years ago that Chili's was coming to Oaks. There's supposed to be a new shopping center built at 422 & Egypt next to Oaks Gardens. But that was before the economy went in the crapper. Same problem with PTC. They had most of it sold until the economy tanked. Now they can't fill it so they are waiting out the down times. Also, they are supposed to be converting my of the warehouse space next to The Dump into a shopping center. My guess is the Chili's in Oaks, the shopping center around it and the warehouse conversion won't be happening until things turn around. They aren't going to build what they can't rent.
Anne

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

Any update on Barnes and Noble?? I would really like to see them open soon!

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

They pulled out when the economy tanked. They haven't had a new store opening anywhere in a long time and have not said when or even if they will open a store at PTC.
Larry

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

According to the home goods website, they will be opening a store in providence town center in June....,
Larry

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Val wrote:
I love EMS. Now there are 3 more stores to keep me from needing to trek to Montgomeryville, Babies r Us, Party City and OldNavy. Any plans for those stores to open up in this ceneter?
From what I understand, the toys r us in kop is remodeling to become a toys r us/babies r us superstore. There will also be a Capital Grille back there as well... As if there aren't enough high end steak houses in that area...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Phoenixville Discussions

Search the Phoenixville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 4 hr snag 3,810
"Perky" in Oaks PA (Jan '11) 11 hr Dan 48
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 18 hr More Settled Science 51,184
Basketball Jul 17 Jeremy c 1
Pa. Turnpike abuzz as bees swarm toll plaza Jul 16 Oh no 2
Review: New Concepts MED SPA (Dec '11) Jul 12 Anonymous 2
Review: New Concepts MED SPA Jul 12 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

Phoenixville News Video

•••
•••

Phoenixville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000