In Russia, teen complains of adoptive...

In Russia, teen complains of adoptive US parents

There are 14 comments on the Boston Herald story from Mar 26, 2013, titled In Russia, teen complains of adoptive US parents. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

A teenager adopted by an American couple has returned to Russia after five years claiming that his adoptive family treated him badly and that he lived on the streets of Philadelphia and stole just to survive, according to Russian state media reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Lucky to escape the crime and the poverty in the USA and return home to...
Robin

Lafayette, CO

#3 Mar 27, 2013
It is unfortunate that this boy was abused by his adoptive parents. But it is not because he was Russian. There are a lot of parents who abuse their children in a similar manner. Child abuse is one of the most ignored but most serious problems we have in this country. And, humans being what they are, I'm sure there are plenty of abusive parents in Russia as well. This story is not about nationality - it's about child abuse. It covers up the issue of child abuse by talking about it in terms of national origin, which distracts from the real issue and enables us to continue to ignore the wide prevalence of child abuse in this country and continue to live mired in the delusion that it does not exist, so we don't have to do anything to stop it. We can continue to idolize parents who treated us badly and justify doing the same to our own children instead.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 27, 2013
uther pendragon wrote:
Lucky to escape the crime and the poverty in the USA and return home to...
He wanted to go back to take care of his grandmother.
She wanted to take him in after his father died but she was sick at the time and they told her she was too ill and too old :(
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#5 Mar 27, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>He wanted to go back to take care of his grandmother.
She wanted to take him in after his father died but she was sick at the time and they told her she was too ill and too old :(
Sunshine are you Mather,do you have children?
;-]
Donald

Toronto, Canada

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Robin wrote:
It is unfortunate that this boy was abused by his adoptive parents. But it is not because he was Russian. There are a lot of parents who abuse their children in a similar manner. Child abuse is one of the most ignored but most serious problems we have in this country. And, humans being what they are, I'm sure there are plenty of abusive parents in Russia as well. This story is not about nationality - it's about child abuse. It covers up the issue of child abuse by talking about it in terms of national origin, which distracts from the real issue and enables us to continue to ignore the wide prevalence of child abuse in this country and continue to live mired in the delusion that it does not exist, so we don't have to do anything to stop it. We can continue to idolize parents who treated us badly and justify doing the same to our own children instead.
Did you even read the story? This boy, adopted as a teenager, objected to his foster mother's nagging and ran away. For the first time he had some parenting but chose to ignore it. This is not abuse. Many teenagers think they know better, few do.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 27, 2013
The Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Sunshine are you Mather,do you have children?
;-]
I had 17 children the last time I counted. Why?

Location hidden

#8 Mar 27, 2013
Donald wrote:
<quoted text>Did you even read the story? This boy, adopted as a teenager, objected to his foster mother's nagging and ran away. For the first time he had some parenting but chose to ignore it. This is not abuse. Many teenagers think they know better, few do.
Not his "foster mother" but his adoptive mother. Very big difference.
Leo from Rostov

Rostov-on-don, Russia

#9 Mar 28, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I had 17 children the last time I counted. Why?
Yeah, and all children mexicano-afro-russians, I remember.=)) I have one child, ossetian-russian bandit, student 7 class. I can understand you
Leo from Rostov

Rostov-on-don, Russia

#10 Mar 28, 2013
Donald wrote:
<quoted text>Did you even read the story? This boy, adopted as a teenager, objected to his foster mother's nagging and ran away. For the first time he had some parenting but chose to ignore it. This is not abuse. Many teenagers think they know better, few do.
The guy did the right thing when ran home. It will go for free to learn and will serve in the army. In 20 years it will be a normal man with professia.
Leo from Rostov

Rostov-on-don, Russia

#11 Mar 28, 2013
sorry, profession.
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#12 Mar 28, 2013
Leo from Rostov wrote:
<quoted text>The guy did the right thing when ran home. It will go for free to learn and will serve in the army. In 20 years it will be a normal man with professia.
Protocols of Elders of Zion.....Jews and Masons rule the world....

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Mar 28, 2013
Donald wrote:
They pushed him out onto the streets. Such people should not be allowed to adopt children.

Agreed?
AbeUG

United States

#14 Mar 28, 2013
Leo from Rostov wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and all children mexicano-afro-russians, I remember.=)) I have one child, ossetian-russian bandit, student 7 class. I can understand you
Are you making fun of our propaganda?

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Rostov-na-Donu

#15 Mar 28, 2013
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making fun of our propaganda?
No, cry...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Precious Moments Childcare (Jan '14) Mon Cindy 2
Review: Progressive Family Eyecare - John F Slo... (Mar '11) May 30 HaTu0513 19
Primo's Hoagies (Oct '11) May 30 Baldrick 21
Best Driveway Paving Co. in area (Jul '11) May 18 Roberta Higgins 13
We need the community's help!! May 5 elvis 2
Skin folds on the exwife May '15 the Ace of Spades 1
car accident Apr '15 annette 1
More from around the web

Phoenixville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE