Football No Longer on Thanksgiving Day

Nov 21, 2011 Full story: Patch.com

Spring-Ford High School football was set to face Phoenixville High School on Thursday morning at 10 a.m.; however, since Phoenixville is still in the playoffs, the Rams and Phantoms will be playing at 7 p.m. on Wednesday night.

Full Story
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#1 Nov 22, 2011
Well Phantoms you have to make a decision, what is more important to you? Some traditional T-Giving Day game that is for bragging rights, or a STATE playoff game with title implications, tropheys and glory?
You think the state playoff system should have to wait on YOU just cuz you want to play on Thursday and want to push games back to rest?
Pottsgrove knew enough to make the sacrifice. They wanted to play on T-Giving too, but decided to be a PLAYOFF team instead.
Twice in the last few yrs they played on T-Giving Day, only to lose 2 days later in a playoff game due to fatigue and being banged up.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 23, 2011
Still on my High Horse wrote:
Well Phantoms you have to make a decision, what is more important to you? Some traditional T-Giving Day game that is for bragging rights, or a STATE playoff game with title implications, tropheys and glory?
You think the state playoff system should have to wait on YOU just cuz you want to play on Thursday and want to push games back to rest?
Pottsgrove knew enough to make the sacrifice. They wanted to play on T-Giving too, but decided to be a PLAYOFF team instead.
Twice in the last few yrs they played on T-Giving Day, only to lose 2 days later in a playoff game due to fatigue and being banged up.
Playoffs > Turkey day game
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#3 Nov 23, 2011
Yep, I'd rather tell my grandkids that we were District AAA champs than say , "yeah we beat Bug Tussle High on T-Giving".
DJS

Collegeville, PA

#4 Nov 27, 2011
I don't know, that Bug Tussle squad has been a perennial powerhouse. Some might even say they are the true state champions if it wasn't for the crazy playoff system we have that leaves that zaps them each year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rofo wawa (Oct '10) 1 hr Jo Sheridan 31
Debate: Marijuana - Royersford, PA (Sep '10) 1 hr Chip Sheridan 10
Collegeville Music Thread (May '12) Mon Musikologist 18
Racially profiled at movie tavern in collegeville Jan 17 realistic 4
Review: 4 Less Furniture & Rugs (Nov '09) Jan 3 Renee ward 51
Senators propose pipeline impact fee Jan 1 Hobo Jim 3
Review: Pretty Nails Dec '14 girlsnappsx 1

Phoenixville News Video

Phoenixville Dating
Find my Match