Phoenixville = restaurants & bars and .... nothing else?

Posted in the Phoenixville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Phoenixville, PA

#1 Mar 12, 2010
Is Phoenixville just known for its restaurants and bars? This is an old town, most people don't even live in Phoenixville, am I missing something ? Bridge street, walk either side of it and 'scary....'
Oldtimer

Phoenixville, PA

#2 Mar 13, 2010
Seems Phoenixville just can't get away from being a hard drinking fighting town. Back when the Army hospital was open MP's and the local police had their hands full and townspeople were embarrassed to say they were from Phoenixville. It took a long time to get the drunks and bars out of here but the new crowd decided let's have 6 bars on every block with shops selling overpriced junkque. Now we have the same old thing bars and drunken fights in a dfferent package.
John

Phoenixville, PA

#3 Mar 14, 2010
I agree, phoenixville is nothing but a old town dotted with drinking holes and a good eat in between. I don't see those yuppies visit the kmart or the stores to help local business, they drive right by... its so sad.
Ann

Ocean View, NJ

#4 Apr 3, 2010
i disagree. the people that visit our bar scene are the people that DON'T live in phoenixville. i live here, and i rarely hit bridge unless i'm on the mission for food and drink. otherwise i avoid it, and i like the other side of town where it feels more like a neighborhood. i shop at kmart, and all the other little stores that are oblivious to the outsiders who only know phoenixville for bridge street. and where p-ville merges with other towns such as chester springs and valley forge, it is just really beautiful.
Joe

Phoenixville, PA

#5 Jul 2, 2010
1st Fridays in Phoenixville are great. So will be the upcoming Blobfest. I live in P ville and love driving into town for a fun night. As far as the number of restaurants, I think they should close all the other stores and turn them all into restaurants, just keep the Colonial theater. That new convenience store with the harsh fluorescent lights on Bridge street, also has to go.
RoddyP71

Albrightsville, PA

#6 Jul 2, 2010
I totally agree with Joe - FFN in Phoenixville is one of the best things in the area. And the Colonial is the heart of it.
jmer

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 13, 2010
Yeah, not sure were the dislike is coming from. I spend a lot of time on bridge st. I walk with my daughter, go to bars, and go out to dinner. I have NEVER seen a fight there and I like the different options.

I was just telling my wife that I like pville because of Bridge street, but then I can drive for 2 miles and get to kmart, sears, giant, dry cleaners, additional restaurants, parks, etc..etc... they have done a GREAT job cleaning this place up.
flat tire

Spring City, PA

#8 Jul 13, 2010
phonyville is my kind of town
Flintstone

Malvern, PA

#9 Jul 14, 2010
What's the matter with phonyville, its alright..
Trash Can

Spring City, PA

#10 Jul 14, 2010
Mr. Flinstone it's no Bedrock
jmer

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 21, 2010
There is nothing wrong with it...

For some reason, some people like to hate on it. I'll assume they haven't been their recently...and at the end of the day, not everyone is going to be pleased.

Phoenixville is an excellent town.
East Vincent

Langhorne, PA

#12 Jul 22, 2010
jmer wrote:
There is nothing wrong with it...
For some reason, some people like to hate on it. I'll assume they haven't been their recently...and at the end of the day, not everyone is going to be pleased.
Phoenixville is an excellent town.
AGREED!!!!
John

Phoenixville, PA

#13 Aug 14, 2010
My point is, most people who live in the 'town' of phoenixville, cannot afford to 'party' on bridge street. Sorry, this is true.

Most people who 'party' in bridge street, do not live in phoenixville, within walking distance. They drive from their 'suburban' homes for a taste of a new restaurant...
jmer

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 19, 2010
"Party in Phoenixville"

What are you talking about? There are bars, restaurants, etc all over....in the town, out of town, wherever.... Everytime I am in Phoenixville, I see plenty of my neighbors and plenty of people i've never seen before. you act like Pville is the ghetto/projects...which it obviously is not
matt

Phoenixville, PA

#15 Sep 2, 2010
PJ Ryan's is a great place to grab a drink, especially during a Phillies or Flyers game. I love spending time down in Phoenixville on a Friday or Saturday night. There are a lot of community groups involved with the town as well. They also have the best library in the area.
jmer

Columbus, OH

#16 Sep 13, 2010
John wrote:
Is Phoenixville just known for its restaurants and bars? This is an old town, most people don't even live in Phoenixville, am I missing something ? Bridge street, walk either side of it and 'scary....'
it's not scary at all. I am a runner and constantly run all through the bourough at all different times from noon to late night. Of course, like ANY place in America, it has it's better spots, but you act like Phoenixville is a dangerous area...and that's not true at all.
Mary Jane

United States

#17 Nov 14, 2010
Back in the 70's there was a resturant called Lee's. They had great food. Does anyone know if it still open, or closed up years ago?
John

Phoenixville, PA

#18 Nov 16, 2010
Norristown is better than Phoenixville
Phoenixville is a builder dream, over construct, over hyped, over priced. 422 is a parking lot, maybe even a tolled parking lot.

wake up already
johnny

Princeton, NJ

#19 Nov 17, 2010
John wrote:
Phoenixville is a builder dream, over construct, over hyped, over priced. 422 is a parking lot, maybe even a tolled parking lot.
wake up already
and...you would be wrong. Norristown? lol..
jmer

King Of Prussia, PA

#20 May 23, 2011
John wrote:
wake up already
Norristown is better? that's just hysterical... And, last I checked, Phoenixville is one of about 20 towns that is connected to 422. You obviously have some gripe against pville...like I said earlier, not everyone is going to like it... just like you can find plenty of people that hate/love NYC... My guess is you haven't been there in a long time. Good atmosphere, something cool is always going on, signifigantly more cleaned up then even 5 years ago.... Overpriced? No...but then again, I can name 50 towns in our area that are overpriced... crime has signifigantly dropped...

again, you make no valid argument... you just don't like it... ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senators propose pipeline impact fee Sat Tax Lovefest 2
Basement water damage from overhead pipe leak (Dec '08) Dec 16 Matt Dalek 10
Route 422 (Jan '09) Dec 15 422sucks 22
Moving to Collegeville (Mar '07) Dec 7 Tolerance is a Vi... 44
Is anyone else having trouble with Organized St... Dec 5 lookoutforpville 1
Debate: Drinking Age - Collegeville, PA (Dec '11) Nov 26 Sally Donafan 2
What is the best restaurant in the Collegeville... (Aug '08) Nov 22 Gastronaut 46

Phoenixville News Video

Phoenixville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Phoenixville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Phoenixville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Phoenixville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:42 pm PST