ElleJay

Phoenixville, PA

#1 Nov 5, 2012
Hi - could someone point me in the right direction to find out if there is a leash law in Royersford/Limerick? I looked on the township sites and didn't see a lot of info. I was charged by a dog that wasn't on a leash while I was out walking and the owner acted like it was MY fault. For what? Walking on the sidewalk? I carry pepper spray with me and had it out and was ready to use it when the owner finally decided to come get their dog away from me.

I love dogs, and cats, but I have been bitten before while walking and will not put up with it again.

Thanks for the information!

Elle
Mark

Phoenixville, PA

#2 Nov 6, 2012
Entire state has a leach law
alvin

Norristown, PA

#3 Nov 7, 2012
PA has what's called the dangerous dog law. inform the owner of this then next time, get a pic of the dog off leash & the owner & call the cops.
worst case scenario is the owner will be forced to put the dog down.
mickey dee

Norristown, PA

#4 Nov 7, 2012
I live up that way & walk quite a bit with my dog & my kids. can you give a description of the dog & its owner?
ElleJay

Phoenixville, PA

#5 Nov 8, 2012
alvin wrote:
PA has what's called the dangerous dog law. inform the owner of this then next time, get a pic of the dog off leash & the owner & call the cops.
worst case scenario is the owner will be forced to put the dog down.
Thanks Alvin - I will do that next time, I carry my phone so that will be easy. The owner kept saying that it was a 'nice dog'. Yeah, how the heck am I supposed to know that when it is charging me and barking? I hope that people will read this and understand that others don't know if your dog is 'nice' or not - I will protect myself if I feel threatened by a dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenixville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of coyotes across county (Nov '08) Oct 15 rich 15
Retro Fitness is coming to the Marketplace at O... Oct 14 Scott 1
Anyone know of any art classes for kids in the ... (Jun '10) Oct 1 lloyd 13
High School Uses Breathalyzer on Students at Fo... Sep 26 takesAvillage 1
After 80 years, Chester County golf club closes Sep 26 takesAvillage 1
Smaller suburbs like Honey Brook work to revita... Sep '14 Brooker Wood 1
Basement water damage from overhead pipe leak (Dec '08) Aug '14 Seth Ashford 9

Phoenixville News Video

Phoenixville Dating
Find my Match