ElleJay

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Hi - could someone point me in the right direction to find out if there is a leash law in Royersford/Limerick? I looked on the township sites and didn't see a lot of info. I was charged by a dog that wasn't on a leash while I was out walking and the owner acted like it was MY fault. For what? Walking on the sidewalk? I carry pepper spray with me and had it out and was ready to use it when the owner finally decided to come get their dog away from me.

I love dogs, and cats, but I have been bitten before while walking and will not put up with it again.

Thanks for the information!

Elle
Mark

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Entire state has a leach law
alvin

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

PA has what's called the dangerous dog law. inform the owner of this then next time, get a pic of the dog off leash & the owner & call the cops.
worst case scenario is the owner will be forced to put the dog down.
mickey dee

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

I live up that way & walk quite a bit with my dog & my kids. can you give a description of the dog & its owner?
ElleJay

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

alvin wrote:
PA has what's called the dangerous dog law. inform the owner of this then next time, get a pic of the dog off leash & the owner & call the cops.
worst case scenario is the owner will be forced to put the dog down.
Thanks Alvin - I will do that next time, I carry my phone so that will be easy. The owner kept saying that it was a 'nice dog'. Yeah, how the heck am I supposed to know that when it is charging me and barking? I hope that people will read this and understand that others don't know if your dog is 'nice' or not - I will protect myself if I feel threatened by a dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Phoenixville Discussions

Search the Phoenixville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 14 min Penna Voter 51,433
Police traffic control Block Rock & 29 8 hr RofoRes 3
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 14 hr Independent Voter 3,557
"Perky" in Oaks PA (Jan '11) Apr 16 Josh 41
Route 422 (Jan '09) Apr 16 Uhhhh no 20
Providence Town Center-Phase 2 (Mar '10) Apr 15 Parking Is an Issue 284
Carpet cleaning recs in collegeville? Apr 13 Tina 1
•••

Freeze Warning for Chester County was issued at April 24 at 9:10PM EDT

•••
•••

Phoenixville News Video

•••
•••

Phoenixville Jobs