The SCOTUS Ruling
Stirrup

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2012
Actually, the Supreme Court's ruling will have no adverse effect upon Arizona lawmen's ability to arrest illegal aliens. It left intact their authority to check the IDs of suspected illegal aliens.

If state law enforcement officers find an illegal alien, all the criminal provisions of the the Federal Law, 8 USC 1357(g) automatically kick in, empowering state and local lawmen to enforce the Federal law against illegal aliens. Illegal aliens are already required under 8 USC 1306 to always carry proof of alien registration. There are criminal penalties for failing to do so, including jail sentences and fines.

Application of the Federal law may require a little more local officer training, which is probably less complicated than the overruled State law was, anyway. This will, in effect, start the crumbling of the so-called "sanctuary cities." Itinerant state lawmen (i.e., State Troopers) are not subordinate to corrupt, local county and city commissioners that give criminals and illegal aliens a false sense of security with the myth of the media-created concept "sanctuary."

So, "Go get 'em, Joe Arpaio! Kick ass, take names and dress 'em in pink panties that reflect their true "machismo."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tell me all the good and bad about Medford. Tue Sniper01 3
News Woman rescued from car Aug 20 TFC 1
News LNG pipeline group uses Olympic ad to show proj... Aug 20 We Hate Coos Bay ... 1
Review: something different Aug 17 roncole 1
News Woman files sexual harassment lawsuit against A... Aug 15 Oregon State Elks... 4
News Portable potty pot find is Ore. town's biggest-... Aug 11 Knock off purse s... 8
Grumpy Oregonians Jul 30 Michael Langford 1

Phoenix Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenix Mortgages