Sheriff conducts trio of pedestrian s...

Sheriff conducts trio of pedestrian stings in Medford, Phoenix

There are 3 comments on the KTVL News10 story from Jun 14, 2010, titled Sheriff conducts trio of pedestrian stings in Medford, Phoenix. In it, KTVL News10 reports that:

The Jackson County Sheriff's Office Traffic Team will be conduct pedestrian stings in Medford and Phoenix this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVL News10.

bart hagan

White City, OR

#1 Jun 15, 2010
Dont the sheriff have better things to do than stopping pedestrans how about using that time to catch drunk drivers and people selling drugs.Also you can use the money to help drug prevention classes for kids going to school.
Sandy

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 Jun 16, 2010
For the most part, it's volunteers who do this, while a couple of sheriff's stand by and cite the law breakers. It's a good thing to do. I used to help with this type of sting and now I am very aware of how many people don't stop for pedestrians. I see drivers speed past pedestrians trying to use a cross walk every day.
GaiaGirl

Ashland, OR

#3 Jun 16, 2010
We regularly have pedestrian stings in Ashland since several students near the university and some other pedestrians near downtown have been killed in crosswalks. In fact, there were so many accidents and near-accidents near the university that the speed limit there was lowered to 25 mph and yellow crossing lights were installed to alert motorists to the fact that pedestrians were in the crosswalk. The pedestrian just pushes a button on the light pole and the yellow lights flash so the motorist has no excuse to say "I didn't see a pedestrian!" I have been stopped, waiting for a pedestrian to complete the crossing and have had cars pass me without slowing down, almost hitting the pedestrian! A lot of those motorists were talking on their idiot cellphones, and some of the pedestrians who were almost hit were also talking on their cellphones and didn't activate the flashing lights. Stupid people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Fri WHY in Gods name 185
News Woman files sexual harassment lawsuit against A... (May '16) Mar 23 Elk member 46
Jerry and Amy Harrington child abusers (Feb '13) Mar 3 Lookng 5
News Transgender man claims he's pregnant (Mar '08) Feb '17 TheJerseyDevil 62
News Oregon woman plans to parade topless (Jun '08) Feb '17 Parade Phart 1,346
Lacey elaine oliver Jan '17 Lilysdaddy 1
How to lose tourist dollars 101 Jan '17 CaptainOfIndustry 1

Phoenix Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenix Mortgages