camp meaowbrook
ron

Clifton, NJ

#1 Sep 4, 2010
does anyone know what is going on at the old camp meadowbrook property?? was a camper there in the late 50's...
lane pine

Saugerties, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2010
purchased by nyc
Anon

Rockville Centre, NY

#3 May 28, 2011
ron wrote:
does anyone know what is going on at the old camp meadowbrook property?? was a camper there in the late 50's...
The lot is has been cleared of all buildings, bunks, etc. and grass and trees are growing in their place. There is a dilapidated barn on what appears to be one of the driveways into the camp. It looks like it must have been a pretty place as a sleepaway camp...

Since: Jun 11

United States

#4 Jun 16, 2011
I was wondering also what happened to the old camp site. My grandparents were good friends of the operators and every year after the camp closed we were invited to visit, swim in the pool, roam around. I remember going from bunk to bunk looking for old comic books and the like that were misplaced or left behind :)
Hunter74

Bronxville, NY

#5 Jun 21, 2013
It was a Devil Camp!
Hunter74

Bronxville, NY

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Who was Da?
ron

Staten Island, NY

#7 Jun 22, 2013
camp meadowbrook closed in 1966 perhaps you are mistaking other camps that operated on the site after '66; it was not a devil camp at all
ralpguts

Vila Velha, Brazil

#8 Oct 19, 2013
Camp Meadowbrook in Hunter, NY was a great childhood memory for me, and where WWII survivors tried to give their children a breath of fresh air while they continued toiling at work and trying to provide a better life for themselves and their first generation American children. I remember Dans or Vans Hideway Ranch as the sin of its day. Ralh
Greg

Elizabeth, NJ

#9 Jul 15, 2014
It became a Devil camp by at least the late 70's. We found literature that referred to some obscure god- figure named Da. We found sacrificed fruits and small animals at fire rings on the property. It was a reclusive camp and adults who were there never showed their face to the public. That being said I had nothing against it because I could prove nothing really wrong being done there. But it was definitely a weird situation...
Scott

Morganville, NJ

#10 Mar 14, 2015
I went to camp there. Vans Hide Away Ranch ..late 1960's. Great camp and great memories.
Ivycamper

Saranac Lake, NY

#11 May 24, 2015
Scott wrote:
I went to camp there. Vans Hide Away Ranch ..late 1960's. Great camp and great memories.
Hi Scott did yu go to amp Meadowbrook or hide away ranch?
Rory

Waterloo, IA

#12 May 28, 2015
I too went to Camp Meadowbrook. I think it was around 1961, 1962 maybe 1963. I atteneded for two summers and loved it. I went back years later and it was either closed or after the season.I dont recall... but it had become something called Camp Abelard, I believe.
Ivycamper

Morganville, NJ

#13 May 29, 2015
Rory wrote:
I too went to Camp Meadowbrook. I think it was around 1961, 1962 maybe 1963. I atteneded for two summers and loved it. I went back years later and it was either closed or after the season.I dont recall... but it had become something called Camp Abelard, I believe.
I went there at that time too. Ron Lester
Check out our Facebook page' camp Meadowbrook, hunter, new York. You might remember some of us. Thanks
Mark

Newport News, VA

#14 Dec 12, 2015
[Quote]It became a Devil camp by at least the late 70's. We found literature that referred to some obscure god- figure named Da. We found sacrificed fruits and small animals at fire rings on the property. It was a reclusive camp and adults who were there never showed their face to the public. That being said I had nothing against it because I could prove nothing really wrong being done there. But it was definitely a weird situation...[I used to live on maple avenue and discoverd the abandoned area back in 2000. I had no clue it was a camp until me and a few friends found a hidden bunker and then a swimming pool filled with garbage. We also found a deer head as well. Weird stuff. Does anyone have legit pictures of this place when it was open?]
Ivycamper

Morganville, NJ

#15 Apr 8, 2016
Mark wrote:
[Quote]It became a Devil camp by at least the late 70's. We found literature that referred to some obscure god- figure named Da. We found sacrificed fruits and small animals at fire rings on the property. It was a reclusive camp and adults who were there never showed their face to the public. That being said I had nothing against it because I could prove nothing really wrong being done there. But it was definitely a weird situation...[I used to live on maple avenue and discoverd the abandoned area back in 2000. I had no clue it was a camp until me and a few friends found a hidden bunker and then a swimming pool filled with garbage. We also found a deer head as well. Weird stuff. Does anyone have legit pictures of this place when it was open?]
I've got tons of photos from my years there. 58-66
My friends uncle Willie lived on maple avenue
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenicia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brios (Jul '11) Jul '14 DITO 2
find lo ve free here! (Sep '13) Jan '14 Manu 2
News Journey through the ages in Malta (Jan '12) Jul '12 Anna01 2
roargh (Oct '11) Oct '11 Secrets 1
News Frustrations rise for those still without power (Sep '11) Sep '11 secrets 1
Election Who do you support for State Assembly in New Yo... (Oct '10) May '11 Shawn 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Bored Stiff In Bi... 16

Phoenicia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenicia Mortgages