“I love things the right way”

Since: Feb 12

Tannersville and the city

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Well, it looks as if Ski season has begun. I look forward to the tourist coming to the area and the hustle and bustle that goes along with it. My hope is that new life is breathed into the area. I hope someone traveling here, either for the first time, or returning, decides it would be a good business investment. The area needs new business. Competition is key to improving existing business.

Remember back in the day? Festivals all summer, lots and lots of night life, It brought more people to town, and therefore more money.

If there were more stores in downtown Hunter, or Main St. Tannersville, everyone could shop. Within the Town of Hunter, there are three convenience stores, a general store and the Astor house, NOT ONE of them carries anything by local artists. How insulting to the artists, and just wrong as a business in a resort area. People love to browse and buy local artisan things.

If there was another casual dining restaurant to compete with the diner, the service, and food might improve. It might inspire the staff to be nicer and then they would not have to complain about "lousy tippers".

What about another deli? Although the Village Deli is my favorite place to stop. The service is great, Food is fresh and very good, everyone is friendly and very busy, it seems very clean. Just can't get hungry after 4 PM on any day though.

Burgers? not much in the line of service on that choice. The food is ok, if you can get the staff to take your order. Either the employees are busy giving away drinks to their friends, texting and talking or running their mouths bad mouthing people around town.

Pizza, there seems to be a good amount of choices, but, the one by the light in Tannersville, seems to open when they want to. The diner pizza is just an oil pizza, Numero Uno the pizza is average, but the place is not welcoming, clean or friendly. Mama's Pizzeria, has OK pizza, but just on timing alone, and when I have to be somewhere, I have followed the owner after he comes out of a bar and then goes back to work. Drinking and working???? Wouldn't his help get fired for that? New help, might also be an improvement, personality training should be a must.

Grocery store, well, it's gonna cost ya? The staff is pretty robotic, they do and never look, smile, talk, or clean. The cost of most items are substantially higher than stores "off the mountain", and if the prices are the same or close to it, then the product will likely go bad very soon.

So Skiers, if you come, fall in love with the area, we would welcome new businesses. However, if not please know that some of us, love having you in town, and we hope that you have a very pleasant experience here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phoenicia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brios (Jul '11) Jul '14 DITO 2
find lo ve free here! (Sep '13) Jan '14 Manu 2
News Journey through the ages in Malta (Jan '12) Jul '12 Anna01 2
roargh (Oct '11) Oct '11 Secrets 1
News Frustrations rise for those still without power (Sep '11) Sep '11 secrets 1
Election Who do you support for State Assembly in New Yo... (Oct '10) May '11 Shawn 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Bored Stiff In Bi... 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phoenicia Mortgages