Review of Willits KOA Campground

Review of Willits KOA Campground

Posted in the Philo Forum

Willits koa

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2010
This is mater is be dealt with by our lawyer .for defamation of our staff. please take off untill mater resolved. we do not let any type of drugs on our park.Willits KOA
both sides

Kelseyville, CA

#8 Jul 19, 2010
if i read the story right, there are no mention of drugs. alcohol is mentioned. amazing how things get distorted so easily.
as i don't know about alcohol, i do know i was at the k.o.a. for the day at a b-day party last summer for a 2 year old, and i agree that there are some not so friendly people working there. you definitely have to know how to deal with the public. it's truly amazing how word of mouth gets around when a business is not so friendly.
losers

San Jose, CA

#9 Jul 19, 2010
Willits koa wrote:
This is mater is be dealt with by our lawyer .for defamation of our staff. please take off untill mater resolved. we do not let any type of drugs on our park.Willits KOA
HA HA, the classic "please don't tell people what happened - we will sic our lawyers on you" what a bunch of losers over there at the willits koa! I'll be sure to tell everyone I know not to bother trying to camp at that koa!

Alchohol is a drug and apparantly your staff was very drunk/intoxicated. Time to own up and take some responsibility!
July Campers

Santa Rosa, CA

#10 Aug 1, 2010
We just went this weekend and this place is fantastic. Great people, amazing services and very clean. This is the best KOA we have ever stayed at. Highly recommend.
Jackie Childs

North Hills, CA

#11 Aug 1, 2010
Willits koa wrote:
Clearly drunk when making this post...
mytake

United States

#12 Aug 1, 2010
Willits Local wrote:
It is unbelievable that the Johnson family who recently purchased the Willits KOA after moving here from England, would even consider such a rude person as Jennifer Drew to manage the campground let alone being the welcoming host.
Completely rude and intoxicated, Jenn was the main reason we are dissatisfied with our $500 two night camping experience at the Willits KOA.
If you ever plan on staying at this campground there a few things you should know which they will not tell you:
Firewood $8 a bundle- they are extremely dry fir which 1 bundle will last 1 hour.
No Privacy- A stay at the Willits KOA will guarantee a close relationship with intoxicated security and park hosts.
Not Welcoming- You will be treated nicely only when checking in and handing the hosts your money, after that have your credit card close by, they will find something to charge you extra for.
No Receipts; There must be allot of money being slipped into managements pockets, or not being reported to the IRS since we received no receipt for any of our "extra unanticipated charges".
Intoxicated Hosts: You can expect to deal with one very intoxicated host who is obviously not enjoying her job, Jennifer Drew. The best way to handle her is with a great bit of compassion realizing she hasn't the faintest bit of humility or compassion herself. She is also quite obnoxious, territorial and aggressive.
I challenge you to take the: "Make Jennifer Drew of Willits KOA Laugh Contest"! lol
Not Children Friendly:
This is not the type of park to throw a kids birthday party or stay with children, the hosts will make your kids feel second best and unwelcome.
"Don't you have somewhere to be", is not the way to speak to paying guests.
I have lived in the Willits area for over 35 years being a fifth generation Mendocino County resident, I have never given a negative review before, but the rudeness and lack of professional responsibility at the Willits KOA moved me to let other potential campers know what is in store for them before staying at the Willits Koa!
Have camped at Willits KOA had a great time all the kids enjoyed the time spent there. Everyone on staff was very helpful and very nice.
SeniorThankYou

Amity, OR

#13 Aug 2, 2010
Willits koa wrote:
Senior ThankYou, Go back to Mexico. Your Puerto Villarta Boy Friend needs you.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#14 Aug 2, 2010
SeniorThankYou wrote:
<quoted text>
Senior ThankYou, Go back to Mexico. Your Puerto Villarta Boy Friend needs you.
He has been at his office 6 days a week……….So get over it…………..LOL

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#15 Aug 2, 2010
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been at his office 6 days a week……….So get over it…………..LOL
Missed you at the Restaurant... You should have come in, most of your friend were there....
Critic

Ukiah, CA

#16 Aug 2, 2010
We have camped at a lot of places and found Willits to be one of the best. If someone had a bad experience then it's the exception not the rule.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#17 Aug 3, 2010
Cut Ones Balls Off wrote:
<quoted text>Missed you at the Restaurant... You should have come in, most of your friend were there....
None of my friends would be caught dead in a greasy spoon like that…….

Besides you don’t even know my name so how would you know my friends??

Same phone number for 30 years…………And it rings to my cell phone here in Vallarta………LOL
Sharon Stephens

Jackson St Forest, CA

#18 Aug 3, 2010
I have had the pleasure of camping at the KOA for the last three years. Last month I was there for three days. I find KOA to be a well run facility, very clean, child friendly and the staff has always been great. We have camped at many camp grounds and I find their rates very reasonable especially do to the good service and all the activities which you may participate in. I never encountered any of the staff being under the influence of alcohol. I am trained to assess and recognize person's under the influence of drugs and alcohol that is my job. I think I would have noticed.
We love spending a few day's at the KOA every year and so do other people we know.

KOA you are the best. Just keep on rolling. There are many of us out here who really appreciate YOU ALL and the improvements you have made to the park

Best Wishes and may God Bless

Sincerely, Sharon Stephens
Greg

Santa Rosa, CA

#19 Jun 24, 2012
We stayed at the Willits KOA a couple of weeks ago. It has been a few years since we are there and WOW!!!! the new owners have really spent a lot of money and time in making it a fantastic park. My friend and I had our nine year old sons and they loved the park. I can't wait to come back so we booked again at the end of June. My wife is coming this time as it was a boys only weekend the last trip and our wives were jealous when we described the park. We met the owner and his wife and daughter the everyone we met there was great. I would highly recommend this to families that want to feel safe, secure and have a great time. The wrist band issue, I like it. It provides an easy visual confirmation that the person belongs there. This place is great! Good job.
Like you said sebastopol

Napa, CA

#20 Nov 10, 2012
This place is the greatest in the world. The drinks are large and the plates are full and the service is wonderful and the staff are sexy and cute and smell nice and you dont have to tip but it is nice and the food is fresh and the busboys are not fresh and I really like the daily special and the new menus and the parking and the deserts. Can I get my check by coming in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FB pair arrested with 2 pounds, 10 plants of ma... (Dec '10) Fri Lmfao 33
Make Bosses Happy w NO Coporate TAXES Aug 25 Hongry Toady 1
Harry Calls Trump a Russian Puppet Aug 24 Ronamal 2
Trump in Drag Dolls Sell Out Aug 22 Elephants IN love 5
Nude Trump Rally In Ft Bragg Aug 21 ZebraStories 3
Homeless Votes For Trump Tix Aug 21 five cents meester 1
Urinal Cake Collection Grows & Glows Aug 20 Trump Gets Cakes 1

Philo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance