we are in fairly dire straits' Cal Fi...

we are in fairly dire straits' Cal Fire chief reports

There are 7 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Jun 25, 2008, titled we are in fairly dire straits' Cal Fire chief reports. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

For a second straight day the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors was briefed on the wildfires raging throughout the county and the rest of the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

“never stop asking questions”

Since: Apr 08

willits

#1 Jun 25, 2008
God bless the work you are doing, and you are all in my prayers.
mendo county born-raised

San Francisco, CA

#2 Jun 25, 2008
Yes, thank you to all the firemen and women and all the independant contractors who are working on these fires!!! The latest news I got from CalFire this morning is that the Flyn Crk area is still considered in danger.(Navarrro Fire) We have property that is south of that and the voluntary evacuations in that area were lifted yesterday. I have no idea where the edges of the fire are (except the one out in the woods 1/2 mile from our property) and no idea where the firemen are working. We will all have to wait and see what nature brings. I just hope the wind does not pick up any more than they need to clear smoke to work!!
Am Med Marijuana Found

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jun 25, 2008
"Dude, like I totally forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah! Now I remember.
mendo county born-raised

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jun 25, 2008
We have now determined that the fire that was near to our property and the Clow Ridge area is prob not considered part of the Navarro fire. The distance between is too far. Our fire thankfully, I have just learned, has nearly burned itself out today. Check out www.geomac.usgs.gov and open the link to view it on Google Earth and then choose the Mendocino Lightning Fires. It will place red circles on the Photo Map. This is the easiest way to find your property and see the fires that may be close by.
Hippopotamus

West Sacramento, CA

#5 Jun 25, 2008
mendo county born-raised wrote:
We have now determined that the fire that was near to our property and the Clow Ridge area is prob not considered part of the Navarro fire. The distance between is too far. Our fire thankfully, I have just learned, has nearly burned itself out today. Check out www.geomac.usgs.gov and open the link to view it on Google Earth and then choose the Mendocino Lightning Fires. It will place red circles on the Photo Map. This is the easiest way to find your property and see the fires that may be close by.
No it is not the easiest. Refer to the links to the map/chart I posted in a few other fire topics. It is updated every day and shows where fires were and which ones are currently burning.

And why do you tards gotta start more than one topic for one thing. It's almost as annoying as measure B.
mendo county born-raised

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jun 25, 2008
Hippopotamus wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not the easiest. Refer to the links to the map/chart I posted in a few other fire topics. It is updated every day and shows where fires were and which ones are currently burning.
And why do you tards gotta start more than one topic for one thing. It's almost as annoying as measure B.
Just because you like your way better does not mean it is the best. You have nothing better to do with yourelf than insult others. I like to see the photo map and zoom and tilt etc if it's too hard for you... don't do it and others who want to use the site will.
greeneyes

Jackson St Forest, CA

#7 Jun 26, 2008
Thank you to all of you working 24-7 to keep us all safe. I love you all! Your in my prayers, Be safe!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump gets "Golden Toilet" instead of a Van Gou... Apr 17 the fear tator 20
News Ukiah couple and alleged trimmer caught with se... (Oct '10) Apr 13 The Fool 39
News Family sues Mad River Hospital over exam (Nov '08) Mar 26 Nurse rattschitt 157
Bullet train between covello and porterville? Mar '18 jared putytzer 1
Elk Music Thread (May '17) Mar '18 Musikologist 2
Wanna know where timesheet been sent to Ms kitt... Mar '18 Stoo Peddassoeh 2
News Investigation into Monday night chase and shoot... (May '09) Feb '18 Mom 142

Philo Jobs

Personal Finance

Philo Mortgages